• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jmac197
    230 Tornado
    • Apr 05, 2019

A/C hoses

Where are you guys getting your replacement A/C hoses?

I see that Wagoneer World has a set on ebay for like $275, but I was hoping to get something a bit less expensive. I'm already way deep into this and haven't even driven a mile. (How familiar is that story LOL)

I can't find a local place that can/will make them.

TIA!
  • babywag
    out of order
    • Jun 08, 2005

If used run away...far away!

If new not a horrible deal.
    I paid just slightly less than that for a new set using old as patterns @ local AC shop.

There is someone over on fsjnetwork who can probably make you a set?
    Sonorared??? not 100% on his username.
    Tony
    88 GW, 67 J3000, 07 Magnum SRT8

Comment

• SJTD
      304 AMC
      • Apr 26, 2012

For that money you could prolly buy a crimper and do it yourself.

On my new install I have all the fittings and I'm going to buy the tool. I figger it's worth the money not to have to cart it all to a shop and pay five or ten bones per joint.

Might even sell the tool when I'm done to recover some of the money.

You can buy Chinesium knock offs of the Mastercool set for under $100.
      Sic friatur crustulum

'84 GW with Nissan SD33T, early Chev NV4500, 300, narrowed Ford reverse 44, narrowed Ford 60, SOA/reversed shackle in fornt, lowered mount/flipped shackle in rear.

Comment

• Beach_Dude
        327 Rambler
        • Mar 03, 2011

There's a local hose shop that did mine. Iirc it was less than $200 for mine and the custom sweating to keep the original sight glass was amazing.

Just bring your hoses to a hose shop and tell them your application, the type of freon, oil etc.
        1977 Jeep Cherokee Chief
        360 w/ MC 4350
        All stock but ignition and slightly modified suspection
        Original paint, garaged/non-op for over 15 years

Comment

• Rod2
          327 Rambler
          • Apr 11, 2004

I have a NAPA store near me that makes custom hoses; for less than $50, I had one made a few years ago. But the best deal was another shop that took my fittings off a split hose, put them on a new hose and included the cost in the recharge amount.
          Rod Skaggs
          '73 J4000 'WOOD GO' 360, 2100 MC, T-18, D-20, 60-2 rear, D-44 closed knuckle front with Warn Lock-O-Matics, Eaton E-lockers both, Pertronix module, AC, PS, '77 Firebird tilt column, Hydro-boost, AirLift bags front and rear, 33x15 Goodyear MTR's, Pacer 15x8 aluminum Bullet Holes, Summit line lock, 3rd brake light, MileMarker 12,000 cradle mounted winch

Comment

Working...
          X