• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fulsizjeep
    Señor Jackhead
    • Aug 21, 2002

2012 cancels?

I hate to bring this up but do we have any folks that are potentially cancelling? Please post up here so we can get others in line for your KOA reservation if you don't mind. I hope to see all who are listed on the map and more. I am not in charge of anything, just trying to help The Ouray Invasion thing along. Thank You.

I have one interested party looking for a KOA site if you would prefer sending me a PM.

Safe Travels All
    Flint
    Ran when parked.
    http://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac
    88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s with a few Evil Twin & TT's Fabworks mods
    76 401 Wag, 77 401 Wag, 77 401 J20
    http://eviltwinfab.com http://www.ttsfabworks.com
  • will e
    Always Broke
    • Nov 16, 2001

Still plan on being there!
    82 Cherokee WT ? SFwith Alcan/agr box/Borgeson shaft/ 401/performer/Holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS(2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave,Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37/Corbeau Moab Seats /Hella/tuffy console/sliders/custombumpers&roll bar/WARN 8000/steering brace/CO2 Tank/dual batts/custom TCskid plate

Comment

• bigun
      • Feb 10, 2003

Crom is still iffy, but still working on being there
      charlie
      KB0HXA
      "Crom" 76/75 Cherokee/J20 Hybred,

Originally posted by Gambler68
      congrats...that's the first post on here I have absolutely no effing clue how to comment on.
      How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.
      Robert A. Heinlein
      The birth of CROM is recorded here
      http://www.alaska4x4network.com/showthread.php?t=7778

Comment

• Tad
        • Nov 30, 2001

With or without the Q we will be there
        2000 Infinity QX4, 3.3L, MPFI, 4 speed auto, 2 speed Nissan tcase, Unibody, IFS front, 4 link rear solid axle with 255-70/16s

IFSJA WMS PROJECT
        EARLY WAG LIFT SEARCH

...Pay no attention to these heathen barbarians with their cutting torches and 8" lift kits!...
        Self Inflicted Flesh Wound

Comment

• sealegs
          232 I6
          • Jan 05, 2011

My crew is in and growing. I will be first on the list to take over anyone who is giving up a spot.

Comment

• blkwarrior
            327 Rambler
            • Feb 15, 2010

The boys are planning on being there no matter the obstacles.
            1984 GW
            360/727/208/ Edl 1406/ Custom exhaust

Future
            Something Sweet with mean capabilities .

Comment

• The PIG Smith
              King Browless

• Nov 30, 2001

Flint,

You wrote to me earlier asking if I was coming or if I was planning to cancel...
              ...amidst all the drama in my life about my job, moving to Texas, etc..

I sincerely apologize as I purposely did not reply.
              I was not ready to face that decision.

I've been wanting to come for years, but never had the rig that would make the trip, beat on it for three days and then make it back to Indiana.
              Also, it was going to be an expensive trip in fuel alone.

So, this seemed to be the year I was gonna be able to pull it off.
              I was close to getting my J10 roadworthy and I seemed to have some cash and time to afford the trip.

The switching of jobs has destroyed any hope of us coming this year.
              I need to swallow a Big Boy Pill and admit that Nathan and I are not coming to Ouray 2012.

Like the decision to come this year, I will not decide if I am coming to Ouray 2013 until later.
              I need to first get my J10 roadworthy and take it to a Meet and Greet at Zack's Z&M Jeeps.
              Also, next year is the Bicentennial of the Battle of Lake Erie and there be a huge celebration at Put-in-Bay, Ohio that I would not miss for anything.

My KOA Reservation Number is #28218.000
              I only had Wednesday, Jul 18, 2012 through Saturday, Jul 21, 2012 reserved.
              I will call and cancel my reservation, thus making room from someone else.

Last edited by The PIG Smith; 05-14-2012, 11:16 AM.
              Bryan Smith
              2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
              - 75th Anniversary Edition - 1941 Trim Package - Recon Green
              1986 Jeep J20
              - Super clean rig from the AZ/CA state line
              1982 Jeep J10
              - Has become a Long Term Project.
              1981 Jeep J20
              - Commercial flat bed - Lost in a Divorce --gone
              1987 Jeep J20 Pioneer
              - Former Rick Bielec aka Ricbee plow rig. Major rust!! --gone

IFSJA Member #1933 Joined November 30, 2001

Originally posted by Jayrodoh
              ...but if it works, I wouldn't touch it.
              Originally posted by Lindel
              Best laid plans, yada yada yada...

Comment

Bryan - you don't have to come in an FSJ. Can you make the trip in an econo-car? You can ride with me. We really want you to come.
                Krista - High Priestess of Our Lady of Eternal Combustion
                77 401 Wag "Phoebe" ~ 77 401 J20 "Artemis" ~ 76 401 SOA Wag "Luna"
                The worst thing about rolling my jeep.....is trying to lick the paper...

Comment

• grand_wag_85
                  Murphy's Law Poster Child
                  • Dec 03, 2003

Bryan-
                  If you're interested I'll be rolling right thru your neck of the woods, not sure if I'm bringing the J10 or the Eagle but either way there's an empty seat. Plus my truck doesn't have a brow
                  You know it's bad when your car's on the EPA's 10 most wanted list!

'82 J10
                  '88 GW
                  '77 J10 Golden Eagle 401

Comment

• bigun
                    • Feb 10, 2003

Originally posted by Jeepstress
                    Bryan - you don't have to come in an FSJ. Can you make the trip in an econo-car? You can ride with me. We really want you to come.
                    Riding with Krista can be exciting! Bryan just show up someone always has a seat, you may not get to go everyday though.
                    Last edited by bigun; 04-20-2012, 12:02 PM.
                    charlie
                    KB0HXA

congrats...that's the first post on here I have absolutely no effing clue how to comment on.
                    Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

• Resbum
                      327 Rambler
                      • Jun 16, 2010

OK. I've gotten A LOT done since this picture was taken and have all the parts to finish it, but because it still looks somewhat like this I'll post as possible "No Show".

I have gotten really excited about attending, so even if the truck can't make it I may still show in my Subie Forrester.

However, the truck is costing $$$$ and I have a move from Washington to Oregon I really want done before Ouray. If I possibly can't make it even in the Forrester because of $$$$ I think it only fair to give someone a heads up now, so they aren't getting notice of an opening last minute.

I will be working right to the last minute to make it, but will post the minute I'm sure it's just not going to happen.

Resbum
                      Originally posted by Resbum
                      "What year is my truck?... Which part?" Build thread- http://www.fsjnetwork.com/forum/view...p=18290#p18290

Comment

• Blake
                        304 AMC
                        • Dec 22, 2005

If we could find a spot at the campground, Krystal and I would probably roll on down there. The J10 is ready (provided I don't break it at the dunes next week ) and the waggy would probably do the trip too.
                        Please come on over to http://fsjnetwork.com/forum and have a look.

Comment

• Mark Wilde
                          350 Buick
                          • Jul 20, 2004

Even though I don't have a site reserved, I think I'll have to throw in the towel for this year. We are looking at moving back home to Washington, in fact to Clinton's neck of the woods. This move is still up in the air but will probably have to happen by July, if not earlier! Kathy got the job teaching Navy JROTC at Marysville Pilchuck HS, and I have oral boards with Arlington PD the end of this month. Busy, exciting, and I don't think a mid-July trip from Washington is in the plans.

I am bummed, but it's a major life move we have been waiting, hoping and praying for for quite some time!
                          90 Grand Wagoneer, 401/727/229, TFI upgrade, MC4350 4V, Edelbrock Performer cam, All-Aluminum Radiator, Razor Conversion, 4" Rusty's all-spring, 31x10.50 BFG TA/KO's...much planned, little time/money, thus she's a PipeDream!

Comment

• bigun
                            • Feb 10, 2003

Originally posted by Mark Wilde
                            Even though I don't have a site reserved, I think I'll have to throw in the towel for this year. We are looking at moving back home to Washington, in fact to Clinton's neck of the woods. This move is still up in the air but will probably have to happen by July, if not earlier! Kathy got the job teaching Navy JROTC at Marysville Pilchuck HS, and I have oral boards with Arlington PD the end of this month. Busy, exciting, and I don't think a mid-July trip from Washington is in the plans.

I am bummed, but it's a major life move we have been waiting, hoping and praying for for quite some time!
                            Good luck with what ever you do. I m sure the bear will miss you too!
                            charlie
                            KB0HXA

Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

• REDONE
                              304 AMC
                              • Aug 19, 2002

Sucks about Ouray Mark, but I will be glad to add you to our bustling group up here! Clinton and I get together regularly and Tripwire is, well, a trip.

While Clinton and I are the most familiar in the Ouray circle out this way, there's about ten of us north of Seattle that are active here. It'd be good to have another familiar face on the local PDs too. We don't break any laws but we cause a rouckus every once in a while. ;-)
                              2012 Winner of the Prestigious Ouray Cast Iron Butt Award
                              79 J-10 - The Money Badger!
                              304/T18/D20/D44s
                              What's been did:
                              Holley 4160/Ede' S.P.2.P.
                              MSD Streetfire based TFI
                              Custom-hack gauge cluster
                              Razor swap
                              Fancy exhaust (Thrush Muffler)
                              2 knob tape deck!
                              3" homebuilt lift
                              Half a hillbilly paint job

Comment