• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Full Size Jeeper
    304 AMC
    • Jul 20, 2014

Metal spacers for tailgate regulator

My regulator has been out of the Wagon for years and I just noticed three of the spacers are shorter than the rest. Does anyone know where the three short spacers go. I have no idea, thanks in advance, Darin.
    1978 Wagoneer

401/turbo 400 trans. Quadra-Trac BW1339 (with Low) 4" Rusty's lift with 31" Summit Mud Dawgs

Mods:
    Fuel Tank, Red Holley Fuel Pump, Razor Grill (profile pic out dated), Rebuilt steering box
  • babywag
    out of order
    • Jun 08, 2005

I could be wrong? I think they should all be the same.
    All the ones I've had apart the spacers were all the same?
    Tony
    88 GW, 67 J3000, 07 Magnum SRT8

Comment

• Full Size Jeeper
      304 AMC
      • Jul 20, 2014

Okay thanks, no telling how many people have been inside of this tailgate.
      1978 Wagoneer

401/turbo 400 trans. Quadra-Trac BW1339 (with Low) 4" Rusty's lift with 31" Summit Mud Dawgs

Mods:
      Fuel Tank, Red Holley Fuel Pump, Razor Grill (profile pic out dated), Rebuilt steering box

Comment

• SJTD
        304 AMC
        • Apr 26, 2012

I think they're the same also. I just buttoned up mine or i'd check to be sure.

Should be obvious if they aren't the same and are in the wrong locations since it would rock or there would be gaps.

On my '84 they were captive on the screws. The screws went through them and held them loosely in place for installation.
        Sic friatur crustulum

'84 GW with Nissan SD33T, early Chev NV4500, 300, narrowed Ford reverse 44, narrowed Ford 60, SOA/reversed shackle in fornt, lowered mount/flipped shackle in rear.

Comment

• asphaltrockdweller
          350 Buick
          • Jul 09, 2009

I just went outside to look in two bags of "tailgate" hardware from one 76 waggy, and the other from a 77.

Both had the same hardware.
          There should be 5 sets of the barrel the same size, 5 star locking washers, 5 Phillips screws, but 2 of the sets had like an 1/8" washer on them.
          I kept them together as to remember how they go back in. LOL the only thing is I did not write down the position of the screw sets on the tailgate.

But it goes- Screw, star washer, 1/8" washer, barrel for the two sets, then screw, star washer, barrel on the other three.

The only thing I can think it might be for is to keep threads out of the way of some moving part?

EDIT:
          I'll go out and see if I can get the window down on my yellow waggy to see how they go in in a while.
          (Ristow)fram!....that deserves a ratchet upside the head.

Comment

• asphaltrockdweller
            350 Buick
            • Jul 09, 2009

OK I am wrong.

I just went out to my yellow wag, and got the window down.

There are six screws that hold the motor in, and all six have the same size barrel, and there are NO difference in any of them.
            This is a 1976 Wagoneer, and I know for a fact that only Brian Chuchua Jeep has worked on it.

(Ristow)fram!....that deserves a ratchet upside the head.

Comment

• Full Size Jeeper
              304 AMC
              • Jul 20, 2014

Thanks all for the help.
              1978 Wagoneer

Mods:

Comment

Working...
              X