Originally posted by bluehwy
    Very cool. Excited to watch!

Thanks!

Comment

• 63J200atLSU
      327 Rambler
      • Jan 15, 2016

SUB. SCRIBED.

Followed this rig for a long time. If I had been closer, I'd probably have gotten dumped for buying it before I finished my truck...
      '63 J200 Resto-mod in progress
      (http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=178651)

If all goes well, we can toast to accidental successes.

I'm convinced I'm just too dumb to know that I can't restore this old truck...

Comment

• Wagoneer Taylor
        258 I6
        • Dec 17, 2018

Also subscribed!

I agree with 63J200atLSU, I do live close and my wife did threaten to dumb me if I got another project before ours was done!

Looking forward to this build, that front bumper is boss!
        Some call me Taylor...

1977 Jeep Wagoneer (Wedding Wagon)
        Pewter, Blue Interior, Original 401
        PO swapped in a 360, soon to be a 401 again!
        "Soon" is a relative term.
        Cracked cylinder put a hurt on me + bad connecting rods.

Comment

• 78 WIDETRAC
          350 Buick
          • Aug 19, 2003

Originally posted by 63J200atLSU
          Followed this rig for a long time. If I had been closer, I'd probably have gotten dumped for buying it before I finished my truck...

Wagoneer Taylor Also subscribed!

I agree with 63J200atLSU, I do live close and my wife did threaten to dumb me if I got another project before ours was done!

Looking forward to this build, that front bumper is boss!

Well I saved both of you a bunch of relationship problems! HaaHaa!

Comment

• 78 WIDETRAC
            350 Buick
            • Aug 19, 2003

Well.... We have rust. I was hoping it would be minimal, but... it's the entire passenger floor pan. Drivers has holes but not bad. only surface rust on the rear cargo area.

Any tips on getting that passenger door open. It' like the catch is just simply rusted in the down position. pass door push button just goes in the entire way. I can pull on the inside handle and it still wont budge.

Comment

• 78 WIDETRAC
              350 Buick
              • Aug 19, 2003

,Can not figure out how it rusted here.. It's just surface but still ,,
              Last edited by 78 WIDETRAC; 12-23-2019, 06:58 PM.

Comment

• 78 WIDETRAC
                350 Buick
                • Aug 19, 2003

Comment

• 78 WIDETRAC
                  350 Buick
                  • Aug 19, 2003

These are pics from today. It had stuff in it and was sitting with the windows cracked open for many years. Floors will need to get dealt with for sure. I'm thinking the next step is to see if I can get it running. It has fluids. need to disconnect the fuel pump and see if I can get the old gas out.

Has Anyone had this type of side trim on a jeep before? It's all around it and looks like it could be factory, I'm just not sure.

That pic of my passenger door shows the gap. it wont shut or open. weird. any thoughts to get it open?

Lastly that rack is what was custom made for the jeep. fits very nice with the lines on the rear.
                  Last edited by 78 WIDETRAC; 12-23-2019, 06:56 PM.

Comment

• 78 WIDETRAC
                    350 Buick
                    • Aug 19, 2003

Pics from today's clean up and craigslist wheels.

A wash really helped. And of all things the rear window works.

Comment

• asphaltrockdweller
                      350 Buick
                      • Jul 09, 2009

I am so glad you rescued the old girl, and she looks so much better after a day at the spa!

Kinda looks like your windshield gasket is leaking along the top there. Mine did the same thing years ago (hence the rust in the middle of the dash).

Take good care of her, I think she is a keeper?
                      (Ristow)fram!....that deserves a ratchet upside the head.

Comment

• Towtruck
                        350 Buick
                        • Oct 11, 2001

Nice project with a lot of potential. I have a T-18/208 in my pickup (transplanted from a J20), and like it a lot. Bulletproof. Basically a 3-speed for the street. I looked at using an NV4500, but the ratios weren't what I wanted.

I just had the latch/lock mechanism out of both doors for clean up and lube. I'm thinking the lock mechanism on your passenger door might be the culprit. Might try the key to see if it will move the mechanism (I assume you've tried working the inside popup lock button). Or maybe a slimjim if you can determine where to hook it. Other wise, you'll have to remove the door card/upholstery to get at the guts from the inside. I think you can get it off without damaging it too badly...might have to pull the passenger seat though. (Thanks again for those AC vents).
                        J10 - Body channel (3 inch drop @ front); dechromed; shaved side parking lights, antenna, and hood trim bar. Ford mirrors, roll pans, side exhaust, 16 inch wheels, custom dash, new interior, Edelbrocked 360, HEI, T18/208 (J20), rear disk brakes, goose neck and bumper hitches.

Comment

• 78 WIDETRAC
                          350 Buick
                          • Aug 19, 2003

Originally posted by asphaltrockdweller
                          I am so glad you rescued the old girl, and she looks so much better after a day at the spa!

Paint is in good condition, Maybe a coat of wax would go a long way on it.

Kinda looks like your windshield gasket is leaking along the top there. Mine did the same thing years ago (hence the rust in the middle of the dash).

That's a great thought on the dash rust. Thanks.

Take good care of her, I think she is a keeper?

They're getting harder and harder to find. I plan on it.

Comment

• 78 WIDETRAC
                            350 Buick
                            • Aug 19, 2003

Originally posted by Towtruck
                            Nice project with a lot of potential. I have a T-18/208 in my pickup (transplanted from a J20), and like it a lot. Bulletproof. Basically a 3-speed for the street. I looked at using an NV4500, but the ratios weren't what I wanted.

Great. I like the fact it's a factory man trans cherokee. Maybe not orig trans... but better.

I just had the latch/lock mechanism out of both doors for clean up and lube. I'm thinking the lock mechanism on your passenger door might be the culprit. Might try the key to see if it will move the mechanism (I assume you've tried working the inside popup lock button). Or maybe a slimjim if you can determine where to hook it. Other wise, you'll have to remove the door card/upholstery to get at the guts from the inside. I think you can get it off without damaging it too badly...might have to pull the passenger seat though. (Thanks again for those AC vents).

It was parked with the door ajar. It took lots of PB Blaster and eventually I was able to get it to open. The latch foot that hooks in the jam was rusted solid. The windows roll up and down again. Really the passenger floor pan is the only major I'm very happy with it.

Look at the a/c/ vents. They are factory black. I keep forgetting to grab them and ask if you want black ones.

Comment

• Towtruck
                              350 Buick
                              • Oct 11, 2001

Thanks for asking...I dyed/painted the one of the vents you sent and it's ready to install. Glad you got the door opened.
                              J10 - Body channel (3 inch drop @ front); dechromed; shaved side parking lights, antenna, and hood trim bar. Ford mirrors, roll pans, side exhaust, 16 inch wheels, custom dash, new interior, Edelbrocked 360, HEI, T18/208 (J20), rear disk brakes, goose neck and bumper hitches.

Comment

• 78 WIDETRAC
                                350 Buick
                                • Aug 19, 2003

more clean up

I didnt get out to work on it today but here are some pics from what i did with parts I removed and brought home. and some other pic of the inside.

Its hard to believe what a good washing will do. this being the before shot.

I still cant believe the rear window works up and down from the dash switch.

I would also like to firgure out how to use these zj seats. Problem is that they dont tilt like the originals do.

Comment

Working...
                                X