• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jayrodoh
    360 AMC
    • Sep 07, 2004

What year is my alternator from??

My alternator out put is fluctuating (all connections are good) so it is time to replace it, however, I don't know what year it is from. My engione core was from an unkown year before I rebuilt it. The top mounting bolt that alternator pivots on is larger than the stock 87 alternator. I had to drill and tap the head for it to work(my rebuilt heads took a smaller bolt than the original heads) Anybody know what year FSJ used this alternator?
    Honey?? What happened to the savings account? You bought a Jeep what??

86 Grand Wag Stock with Bulltear HEI
  • Spectre
    AMC 4 OH! 1
    • Nov 26, 2004

Got a pic?
    "Battlewagon": 1986 Jeep Grand Wagoneer (w/ Tow Pack) - Urban Assault Wagon under construction - TFI, TBI, CS144, Aftermarket Sanden, Explorer Power Seats, 4" Lift, 16" AHI wheels and much much more; click here for a full list of modifications and gear, links to writeups/posts and more info.

Daily Driver: Modified 1987 Jaguar XJ6 Vanden Plas.

Comment

• Jayrodoh
      360 AMC
      • Sep 07, 2004

Not yet, would have to tear it down to get a pic, I just know this from installing. I had to drill out all my brackets too. Mabye I can get the standard one and get a bushing for it. Should probably upgrade to the 144 like yours though if I go that route.
      Honey?? What happened to the savings account? You bought a Jeep what??

86 Grand Wag Stock with Bulltear HEI

Comment

• Spectre
        AMC 4 OH! 1
        • Nov 26, 2004

I'd say that anyone with a post-85 (86-up) should just upgrade to a 144 if they have to replace their alternator for any reason. I think the prices are about the same and the 144's a lot more common now.
        "Battlewagon": 1986 Jeep Grand Wagoneer (w/ Tow Pack) - Urban Assault Wagon under construction - TFI, TBI, CS144, Aftermarket Sanden, Explorer Power Seats, 4" Lift, 16" AHI wheels and much much more; click here for a full list of modifications and gear, links to writeups/posts and more info.

Daily Driver: Modified 1987 Jaguar XJ6 Vanden Plas.

Comment

Working...
        X