• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • deadironrat
    258 I6
    • Mar 25, 2008

Wide track axles on a Wagoneer.

I know its been done and I'm just interested in the swap. Since I've decided that the J10 will be on the back burner for a long time I'm starting to take off everything that I don't want it to have when its finished. I.E. half ton axles. So that means I have a set of wide track axles with 3.54 gears and a trash loc in the rear that need a new home. I also have the 6" lift I just picked up for that J10 that I'll be swapping over at some point in time.

I'm in no hurry to do this because I just want to get the waggy on the road and start driving it before I start doing anything. But, I would like to hear some opions on it, or better yet some pictures of a waggy with wide track axles. The only real plus I can see is that I would get slightly lower gears and a LSD. Honestly I don't even know what real benefits I would gain from doing that but the way I look at it any reason to pull and rebuild a set of axles is a good reason.
    Jacob Z

1984 Jeep Grand Wagoneer, work in progress
  • jaber
    Dragin Az
    • Oct 17, 2003

There was just a thread on this a few days ago....

The search feature is your friend....
    Jeff

'43 cj2a
    '51 Willys p/u
    '51 Willys Parkway Conversion
    '68 Panel Delivery
    '74 CJ5
    '75 J-20 Wrecker
    '75 J-20 Cummins service bed
    '77 J-10 p/u
    '79 Cherokee
    '88 Grand Wagoneer
    '98 Grand Cherokee

Comment

• jeepskater433
      327 Rambler
      • Jan 26, 2009

yea that was my thread, here it is....

After thinking for a while I decided that Im going to convert my 87 GW to WT axles and fenders. front clip and axles dont seem to be a problem, but the rear flares, mmmm... maybe. So has anybody here converted their wagoneer into a WT, (I know someone has one), if so how did the rear flares work out for them? and does anybody
      CURRENTLY FSJLESS

Happiness is just a downshift away
      2009 Ford Mustang GT-DD/Track Car
      2006 Jeep Wrangler-DD/Trail Rig
      1999 Jeep Wrangler-Dads Trail Rig
      1989 Jeep Comanche-Project Truck
      http://www.txfsja.org/forum/

Comment

• deadironrat
        258 I6
        • Mar 25, 2008

Are you sure there was a thread on this a few days ago? I check this forum multiple times everyday and have been for several months now and I haven't seen a thread on that.

Well, I'll be, there sure was a thread on that about 3 days ago. You'll have to forgive me, I have sometimers, lol.

I wasn't actually talking about a full on W/T wagoneer conversion though, just putting wide track axles under it to gain a wider stance and lower gears. I know someone here is running w/t axles on a wagoneer with stock style fenders, I remember when he was looking for the axles to put under it.
        Jacob Z

1984 Jeep Grand Wagoneer, work in progress

Comment

• jeepskater433
          327 Rambler
          • Jan 26, 2009

look above
          CURRENTLY FSJLESS

Happiness is just a downshift away
          2009 Ford Mustang GT-DD/Track Car
          2006 Jeep Wrangler-DD/Trail Rig
          1999 Jeep Wrangler-Dads Trail Rig