• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chris R
    232 I6
    • Jul 04, 2008

Rear dust shields for early wagoneers

I found a set of these yesterday and need history. I assume these were an aftermarket pieces that were mounted up so the wind would keep the dust from building up on the rear window? Or am I way off base here? Any info would be appreciated. I only found this one photo on the interweb that shows what they look like[/IMG]
  • joe
    • Apr 28, 2000

They were either a dealer installed option or owner install. My 63 has them and had them on a later era Blazer. Also seen'm on 60's/70's era station wagons. Yeah, their intent was to help keep the gate window clean from dirt/snow. Though worked better than the goofy later era roof mounted air dams they still didn't do much at all. Only good point is they are kinda period correct cool looking but really more form than function. If you live in the road salt/rust belt I personally wouldn't drill any holes in the body to mount them.
    joe
    "Don't mind me. I'm just here for the alibi"

Comment

• rang-a-stang
      Administrator
      • Oct 31, 2016

Originally posted by joe
      Only good point is they are kinda period correct cool looking... I personally wouldn't drill any holes in the body to mount them.
      I agree. They are OK looking but not worth a hole(s) in the body. they kind of look like horse blinders in my opinion. Though, if you already have some rust or a dent back there, they might be good for hiding that.

now those cool, faded logos on the tailgate and door... THOSE are awesome!
      Chuck McTruck 71 J4000
      (Chuck McTruck Build Thread)
      79 Cherokee Chief (SOLD, goodbye old buddy)
      (Cherokee Build Thread)
      11 Nissan Pathfinder Silver Edition 4x4
      09 Mazdaspeed3 Grand Touring
      00 Baby Cherokee

Comment

Working...
      X