X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SVO42
    350 Buick
    • Aug 27, 2003

Actually, if you look closely at Scotty's avatar, he has a Ranger. Same family of RBV (Ranger-Based Vehicle), though.
    Bryan's vehicles at the Joplin (Full Size) Jeep Refuge:
    1988 Grand Wagoneer (on extended loan)
    1988 Grand Wagonner (tornado victim)
    1987 Grand Wagoneer (formerly mine, now my dad's, also a tornado victim)
    1994 Ford Explorer XL rollin' on 1-tons and 40s

Comment

• fulsizjeep
      Señor Jackhead
      • Aug 21, 2002

uh huh, F*rd based something errr other, alrighty.

What blows my mind thinking back on it all, the idea... the adventure spirit... You 2 coming to Ouray the first time on your honeymoon and driving a Bronco... errr, F*rd based something errr other. Y'all took our funnin so good we got to really like you too! LOL! And the shared spirits around the camp fire has been some of the best.
      Flint
      Ran when parked.
      http://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac
      88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s with a few Evil Twin & TT's Fabworks mods
      76 401 Wag, 77 401 Wag, 77 401 J20
      http://eviltwinfab.com http://www.ttsfabworks.com

Comment

• bigun
        • Feb 10, 2003

Originally posted by fulsizjeep
        the shared spirits around the camp fire has been some of the best.
        Aah yes Agave around the camp fire
        charlie
        KB0HXA
        "Crom" 76/75 Cherokee/J20 Hybred,

Originally posted by Gambler68
        congrats...that's the first post on here I have absolutely no effing clue how to comment on.
        How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.
        Robert A. Heinlein
        The birth of CROM is recorded here
        http://www.alaska4x4network.com/showthread.php?t=7778

Comment

• Knuck
          350 Buick
          • Jun 13, 2008

Our reservation is for Monday - Friday. We are currently planning on leaving Omaha on Sunday sometime and driving most of the way then staying overnight (antsy 12yr old that doesnt particularly like long car rides), then drive the rest of the way on Monday. If we pushed, we could do it all in day, but it would be a very long day.
          81 J20 "Mater", 401/T-18/NP208, Rhino Conversion, 4" Rusty's all-spring lift, extended length front shackles, 2" rear blocks. LT285/70r-16 M.T. Baja Claws, Front Locker, Custom Rear Bumper, Custom Front Bumper under construction.

Comment

• Ralph Rogers
            350 Buick
            • Jul 29, 2003

What? 47E and C are still open?

Get one of those Casey or Mark!

Ralph

Comment

• will e
              Always Broke
              • Nov 16, 2001

47C is a great spot. My Favorite. It not too close to the group camp fire and the guy next door lets you use his garbage bags, milk, plates, he will feed you every once in a while and has spare parts to boot. Makes a pretty good gin and something as well!!!
              82 Cherokee WT ? SFwith Alcan/agr box/Borgeson shaft/ 401/performer/Holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS(2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave,Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37/Corbeau Moab Seats /Hella/tuffy console/sliders/custombumpers&roll bar/WARN 8000/steering brace/CO2 Tank/dual batts/custom TCskid plate

Comment

• Mark Wilde
                350 Buick
                • Jul 20, 2004

Just emailed Dave for 47E from the 19th to the 25th. Just put in for vaca at work for the same.

WAHOOOO!
                90 Grand Wagoneer, 401/727/229, TFI upgrade, MC4350 4V, Edelbrock Performer cam, All-Aluminum Radiator, Razor Conversion, 4" Rusty's all-spring, 31x10.50 BFG TA/KO's...much planned, little time/money, thus she's a PipeDream!

Comment

• HOOT

• Mar 28, 2003

Originally posted by fulsizjeep
                  Wow lots of you guys already booked up the Aspens,and then some.

Got a question.. I know I asked this before but never got a good answer or find a pic that shows it.... My memory is failing me.. Are the pull through spots 56-60 somewhat out of place on the above map? If it were Plate Tetonics would that area of camping slide down to the left and rotate counterclockwise about 45*. The bathrooms would then be shifted clockwise about 15*.? ALSO anyone have a real good shot showing 41 and 42 as well as that side of the road up to the corner? Is 41 really that relationship as shown to the bath house?
                  Phil you live up that end ..any pics of your surroundings across the road. Dave says 41 is a small spot. Just how small he has not been able to tell me.
                  If all goes my way I'll be driving the F350 with a trailer. I know I can always stash my trailer elsewhere. I'll be sleeping in the Truck. So 41 would need to be big enough to park a 23' long truck and a Honcho.

Any help would be appreciated.. Know of a pic? PM it to me or tell me exactly where to find it. As of right now my computer locks up on PhotoShop and sites like that. When things get better I'm going to burn this 10 year old cyberbox I have now and see what enjoying the internet is all about.
                  Tom Gibson
                  1980 J20 Utility bed truck. Factory cab and chassis truck. Many new mods for it but it will look all stock.
                  1985 J10 nothing special just a nice clean stock truck.
                  1977 Honcho "Blue" 401/400/quad. Under going major upgrades.."This is Not Your Fathers Honcho", it may not even be a Honcho anymore when done.
                  2017 Challenger. Very jealous of the Jeeps.

Comment

• fulsizjeep
                    Señor Jackhead
                    • Aug 21, 2002

HOOT - yeah, the orientation of the map is kind of wonky looking, but I think you remember the layout pretty well in the back area.

This is the only picture we have close to showing you what you want to see. The clump of trees at the left end of the drive and just beyond is site 41. I think it is the trees that make that site smaller than the rest. Then coming towards you in the pic is site 42-45. Pretty sure the blue GW is in 45.

Flint
                    Ran when parked.
                    88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s with a few Evil Twin & TT's Fabworks mods

Comment

• Mark Wilde
                      350 Buick
                      • Jul 20, 2004

The blue GW and brown Cherk are indeed both in site 45. There is a tree right in the middle of them that kind of splits the site. Nice spot.
                      90 Grand Wagoneer, 401/727/229, TFI upgrade, MC4350 4V, Edelbrock Performer cam, All-Aluminum Radiator, Razor Conversion, 4" Rusty's all-spring, 31x10.50 BFG TA/KO's...much planned, little time/money, thus she's a PipeDream!

Comment

• HOOT

• Mar 28, 2003

What is the difference between full hook up site and a site with water and electric? Does the full hook up have sewage as well or something?
                        Tom Gibson
                        1980 J20 Utility bed truck. Factory cab and chassis truck. Many new mods for it but it will look all stock.
                        1985 J10 nothing special just a nice clean stock truck.
                        1977 Honcho "Blue" 401/400/quad. Under going major upgrades.."This is Not Your Fathers Honcho", it may not even be a Honcho anymore when done.
                        2017 Challenger. Very jealous of the Jeeps.

Comment

• bigun
                          • Feb 10, 2003

Yeah full hook up is water, sewer and electric. I figure i really only need Electric since I am close to the showers in space 58
                          charlie
                          KB0HXA

congrats...that's the first post on here I have absolutely no effing clue how to comment on.
                          Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

• Mark Wilde
                            350 Buick
                            • Jul 20, 2004

Just got confirmation from Dave, I'm in 47E from Monday to Sunday. WOOT!

Comment

• bigun
                              • Feb 10, 2003

Originally posted by Mark Wilde
                              Just got confirmation from Dave, I'm in 47E from Monday to Sunday. WOOT!
                              Dang there goes the neighborhood!
                              charlie
                              KB0HXA

Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

• fulsizjeep
                                Señor Jackhead
                                • Aug 21, 2002

lookin good

Good to see you hooked up Mark! I don't think I have seen the map fill up like this before the end of November... refresh page or clear cache and refresh if you don't see 11/14 map.

Flint
                                Ran when parked.

Comment

Working...
                                X