Rock Cabins- Cave City, KY February 22&23, 2013.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HOOT

• Mar 28, 2003

Rock Cabins- Cave City, KY February 22&23, 2013.

UPDATEThe big cabin has been rented now by 4 of us for Feb 22&23 2013. There should be plenty of small cabins still available if you want privacy. There is also RV hook ups and tent camping at this place.
    Any questions please post up here or call the Rock Cabins yourself for reservations.

OK fellow Jeepers we are going to try and get a weekend get together at Rock Cabins again.

They sent me an email and are running an offer for 50% off the second night. This place is cheap to begin with and not a bad get away for the weekend. If you contact them let them know you are with the Full Size Jeep guys as I don't know if this offer is available to the public. We used Cabin 1 as the main house and I had rented one of the small cabins for Me and the pooch.

This is where we went last year for the Winter Meet. The weather just about has to be better than last time 17* and a 30mph constant wind was about intolerable. The Cave Tours are a comfy 60* all year.

I would like to do this Feb 22nd and 23rd. 50% off deal ends Feb 28th. If it is an informal deal maybe we can get them to let us do this in March.

Last time was just a casual meet with tons of food , some special catered and delivered from John's tasty kitchen. 3 of us were all weekenders, 1 over nighter and an afternoon visitor.
    Mammoth Cave National Park is right down the street from here.
    http://www.npca.org/parks/mammoth-cave- ... 4Aod60sA0Q
    Last edited by HOOT; 02-06-2013, 01:54 AM.
    Tom Gibson
    1980 J20 Utility bed truck. Factory cab and chassis truck. Many new mods for it but it will look all stock.
    1985 J10 nothing special just a nice clean stock truck.
    1977 Honcho "Blue" 401/400/quad. Under going major upgrades.."This is Not Your Fathers Honcho", it may not even be a Honcho anymore when done.
    2017 Challenger. Very jealous of the Jeeps.
  • REDONE
    304 AMC
    • Aug 19, 2002

Dern it Tom, I won't be down there in time.
    2012 Winner of the Prestigious Ouray Cast Iron Butt Award
    79 J-10 - The Money Badger!
    304/T18/D20/D44s
    What's been did:
    Holley 4160/Ede' S.P.2.P.
    MSD Streetfire based TFI
    Custom-hack gauge cluster
    Razor swap
    Fancy exhaust (Thrush Muffler)
    2 knob tape deck!
    3" homebuilt lift
    Half a hillbilly paint job

Comment

• HOOT

• Mar 28, 2003

Originally posted by REDONE
      Dern it Tom, I won't be down there in time.
      You'll be here for 2014 trip. I have a feeling we are going to make this an annual trip in the winter time. We had a good time last year and talked about it then about making it annual.

We are just trying to have a meet n greet in the midwest a few times a year so we can all get acquainted and motivated. Each meet has also been a small parts swap meet as well.

If a person can't make this one there will be another in a few months somewhere in the region that maybe they can make. Word to the wise though, although sometimes the planning talk drags on, when the time come it has been kind of short notice.

I'd like to find a spot where there is some off roading and have an Annual type meet at a certain place so that way people can plan ahead of time for a year or so to attend. It took me 3 years to make my first Ouray Invasion, and have only made it to 3 of them so far. If Ouray was not set at the same time and place each year I would most likely never be able to make them at all and that would totally suck. I truly enjoy spending a week with Jeepers from all over the states.
      Tom Gibson
      1980 J20 Utility bed truck. Factory cab and chassis truck. Many new mods for it but it will look all stock.
      1977 Honcho "Blue" 401/400/quad. Under going major upgrades.."This is Not Your Fathers Honcho", it may not even be a Honcho anymore when done.

Comment

• Retro93
        Junk Collector
        • Nov 02, 2001

The 22-23rd works for me. We sure had a good time last year and I'm looking forward to this time. For the money you can't beat the cabins.

We can also have A FIRE!
        79 Cherokee Chief WT "RDBLOK" warmed over 360, TH400/QT, 4.10 Truetrac F/Detroit Locker R, 4" Skyjacker Softride System, Rancho 9000 shocks with in cab adjust, Hydroboost brakes, 33" BFG Mud Terrains

Comment

• HOOT

• Mar 28, 2003

For you guys that wanted to stay at the Wig Wam village if that be your motivation to come down then do it. The Rock Cabins are just a couple miles up the road from the wig wams.

Who knows maybe we can have a full on Indians against the settlers reenactment. I've done sillier things on tequila.

I have also brought home an arm load of those 4x6 , 15" long blocks tonight from work. I'll spread out my oak here at home and let it dry out the next few days and then keep it covered. I think it should burn, its 7 or 8 inch in diameter and smaller and cut last March.

It's a shame John's bourbon pork loin won't keep that long , I'd bring it to share. I have a feeling it will be lunch tomorrow.
          Last edited by HOOT; 01-08-2013, 02:48 AM.
          Tom Gibson

Comment

• Mars
            350 Buick
            • Apr 24, 2010

the 22nd and 23rd are bad for me money wise, but if I can attend I will try. I doubt the jeep will be there.

Mike
            Wannabe Fabricator
            Grumpy on a good day.
            1981 J-10 Laredo.. mmmm bucket seats...
            What I'm working on: http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showt...50#post1503850

Comment

• Retro93
              Junk Collector
              • Nov 02, 2001

We should starting thinking about making reservations at the cabins. Who has tentative plans for attending?
              79 Cherokee Chief WT "RDBLOK" warmed over 360, TH400/QT, 4.10 Truetrac F/Detroit Locker R, 4" Skyjacker Softride System, Rancho 9000 shocks with in cab adjust, Hydroboost brakes, 33" BFG Mud Terrains

Comment

• Mars
                350 Buick
                • Apr 24, 2010

I'm tentative for sure.
                Wannabe Fabricator
                Grumpy on a good day.
                1981 J-10 Laredo.. mmmm bucket seats...
                What I'm working on: http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showt...50#post1503850

Comment

• addicted
                  Big Meanie
                  • Dec 11, 2004

I'm in for Friday and Saturday.
                  Originally posted by Ristow
                  i bet it was Simon....
                  he's such big meanie that way...
                  please don't tell him i said that....

Comment

• Retro93
                    Junk Collector
                    • Nov 02, 2001

Originally posted by addicted
                    I'm in for Friday and Saturday.
                    With you there are now 4 folks that have committed to attend. I had a PM from Brown Bear earlier saying he is going to be there. NOW if we can get [cough...cough] Ristow and Crazy_Jeepman to get with the program....

Comment

• addicted
                      Big Meanie
                      • Dec 11, 2004

Originally posted by Retro93
                      NOW if we can get [cough...cough] Ristow and Crazy_Jeepman to get with the program....
                      Good luck with that.
                      Originally posted by Ristow
                      i bet it was Simon....
                      he's such big meanie that way...
                      please don't tell him i said that....

Comment

• Retro93
                        Junk Collector
                        • Nov 02, 2001

Maybe we need to offer a load of Little Debbie's????

Comment

• HOOT

• Mar 28, 2003

Just tell Pete that there is a Steak-N-Shake there. He'll be there before any of us.
                          Tom Gibson

Comment

• Retro93
                            Junk Collector
                            • Nov 02, 2001

True. The Little Deb's are for Mike.

Comment

• HOOT

• Mar 28, 2003

Originally posted by Retro93
                              True. The Little Deb's are for Mike.
                              Should we tell him how close he would be to heaven?3 hours and 39 minutes away from Cave City.... Little Debbie overload. I bet you can get them for pennies on the dollar there.

as for Pete it looks like he has plenty of fuel stops on the way down and one just a bit south of Cave City.
                              Last edited by HOOT; 01-23-2013, 01:56 AM.
                              Tom Gibson

Comment

Working...
                              X