X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HOOT

• Mar 28, 2003

Wanted: Fire pit and friends March 8-10

Looks like a decent weekend coming up and the truck is still loaded. It positively will be unloaded this coming weekend , preferably like mentioned in title.
    Any suggestions?
    I'm calling Monday to check on the camping situation near Big Bone Lick State Park. That is NOT a typo look it up , it is right down from Beaver Lick.
    If I'm sleeping outdoors I want to keep this south of the river due to the warmer night time temps.
    Other than that I have no requirements other than fire and friends.

CYA there
    Tom Gibson
    1980 J20 Utility bed truck. Factory cab and chassis truck. Many new mods for it but it will look all stock.
    1985 J10 nothing special just a nice clean stock truck.
    1977 Honcho "Blue" 401/400/quad. Under going major upgrades.."This is Not Your Fathers Honcho", it may not even be a Honcho anymore when done.
    2017 Challenger. Very jealous of the Jeeps.
  • Retro93
    Junk Collector
    • Nov 02, 2001

I'll follow your lead. I need to unload the wood from the back of my rig too.
    Time for a white man's fire!
    79 Cherokee Chief WT "RDBLOK" warmed over 360, TH400/QT, 4.10 Truetrac F/Detroit Locker R, 4" Skyjacker Softride System, Rancho 9000 shocks with in cab adjust, Hydroboost brakes, 33" BFG Mud Terrains

Comment

• addicted
      Big Meanie
      • Dec 11, 2004

I'm in for Saturday at least, possibly Friday night too!
      Originally posted by Ristow
      i bet it was Simon....
      he's such big meanie that way...
      please don't tell him i said that....

Comment

• The PIG Smith
        King Browless

• Nov 30, 2001

Originally posted by addicted
        I'm in for Saturday at least, possibly Friday night too!
        I think I might be able to make this...
        Bryan Smith
        2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
        - 75th Anniversary Edition - 1941 Trim Package - Recon Green
        1986 Jeep J20
        - Super clean rig from the AZ/CA state line
        1982 Jeep J10
        - Has become a Long Term Project.
        1981 Jeep J20
        - Commercial flat bed - Lost in a Divorce --gone
        1987 Jeep J20 Pioneer
        - Former Rick Bielec aka Ricbee plow rig. Major rust!! --gone

IFSJA Member #1933 Joined November 30, 2001

Originally posted by Jayrodoh
        ...but if it works, I wouldn't touch it.
        Originally posted by Lindel
        Best laid plans, yada yada yada...

Comment

• Mars
          350 Buick
          • Apr 24, 2010

Have court ( Workman's Comp ) Friday and work Saturday morning but I can probably swing down after work

Looking forward to it and honestly after what's going on Friday I could use it.
          So long as I have some power I can do the space heater in the car trick for a place to stay.

Mike

edit:

Well crap...from the website:

Notice: Big Bone Lick State Park will be closed November 15, 2012 through April 1, 2013.

Attention: Burn Bans may be in effect. Please contact the Park for details on restrictions.
          Last edited by Mars; 03-03-2013, 08:27 PM.
          Wannabe Fabricator
          Grumpy on a good day.
          1981 J-10 Laredo.. mmmm bucket seats...
          What I'm working on: http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showt...50#post1503850

Comment

• Retro93
            Junk Collector
            • Nov 02, 2001

The campground is closed Nov 30 - Mar 1. That's from their website. I hope it's correct.
            79 Cherokee Chief WT "RDBLOK" warmed over 360, TH400/QT, 4.10 Truetrac F/Detroit Locker R, 4" Skyjacker Softride System, Rancho 9000 shocks with in cab adjust, Hydroboost brakes, 33" BFG Mud Terrains

Comment

• HOOT

• Mar 28, 2003

I'll try and check both Monday afternoon. Big Bone has their own campground up on top of the hill and Boone's Landing is down at the boat dock. They have water front camping and some up on dryer ground.

I'm open to others as well, this is just my local one to check on.
              I sent a PM to John to see if he wanted to host again.
              I checked on Twin Knobs at Cave Run but it looks closed until 2 weeks from now. There is also a piece of property/A frame for sale in that area I want to go see a few miles south of the lake.
              Tom Gibson
              1980 J20 Utility bed truck. Factory cab and chassis truck. Many new mods for it but it will look all stock.
              1977 Honcho "Blue" 401/400/quad. Under going major upgrades.."This is Not Your Fathers Honcho", it may not even be a Honcho anymore when done.

Comment

• Mars
                350 Buick
                • Apr 24, 2010

John's place would be cool considering I missed the last one.
                Wannabe Fabricator
                Grumpy on a good day.

Comment

• rocklaurence

• Jan 14, 2009

Hoot, Id make it if it wasn't for the Long Trip from Lakeland Fl We're still running those 3/4 ton axles you brought me 5 Xmas's ago.

Comment

• HOOT

• Mar 28, 2003

Originally posted by rocklaurence
                    Hoot, Id make it if it wasn't for the Long Trip from Lakeland Fl We're still running those 3/4 ton axles you brought me 5 Xmas's ago.
                    Nothing like going to the mall on Christmas Eve to buy axles I wound up with a whole dog house for my J20 in Sandford on the way back to Daytona that day. It was a nice Christmas

We'll have to get a campout together on one of my trips down that way. Getting too late in the year now. That needs to be a fall and winter trip.
                    Tom Gibson

Comment

• HOOT

• Mar 28, 2003

I went to the campgrounds today and both of them are closed until April. That was Big Bone State Park and Boone's Landing.

Next?!?!?!?...............
                      Tom Gibson

Comment

• HOOT

• Mar 28, 2003

Oak Creek Campground in Walton, KY is open year round and has electric at the sites. I drove almost right by this place figuring they would be closed. I found out otherwise at work tonight.
                        Not sure if they have a web site but I will hunt them down in the morning when I get off work for more info.
                        Tom Gibson

Comment

• addicted
                          Big Meanie
                          • Dec 11, 2004

Originally posted by HOOT
                          Oak Creek Campground in Walton, KY is open year round and has electric at the sites. I drove almost right by this place figuring they would be closed. I found out otherwise at work tonight.
                          Not sure if they have a web site but I will hunt them down in the morning when I get off work for more info.
                          www.oakcreekcampground.com Looks like it is mostly geared towards RV's and such but there are some "tent sites". I don't see why we couldn't use the sites that aren't marked as tent sites though.
                          Originally posted by Ristow
                          i bet it was Simon....
                          he's such big meanie that way...
                          please don't tell him i said that....

Comment

• Retro93
                            Junk Collector
                            • Nov 02, 2001

I just emailed them concerning using a tent on the RV sites. I also inquired if the sites have fire pits...no use if they don't. HUGE FIRE IS NEEDED!

Comment

• Mars
                              350 Buick
                              • Apr 24, 2010

Drat.

John's place is lookin better and better.. think he would mind if we just showed up?
                              Wannabe Fabricator
                              Grumpy on a good day.

Comment

Working...
                              X