International Full Size Jeep Association
Home Forums Reader's Rigs Tech Library Trail Stories FSJ-List
International Full Size Jeep Association  

Go Back   International Full Size Jeep Association > Tech Archives > Topic Of The Month

Old 07-06-2004, 04:05 PM
www.Bulltear.com Chief

Guys like BT and others need your support. For instance instead of going to the parts store for a items one of the vendors can save you money on, please do a search for through the FSJ vendors.

Bulltear.com is one,

Billyrb can I get a salute
"We offer performance, reliability and customization for your AMC V8"
Old 07-06-2004, 05:08 PM
304 AMC

Shameless Plug! Shameless shameless shameless!

Uhhh........Can I get a discount?

I try to buy through our vendors when I can. You guys just don't sell what I need most of the time.

www.Bluetorchfab.com
www.Alternatefuel.com
Old 07-07-2004, 12:23 AM
FSJ Maniac

Someone get me a good deal on a klune and a weld on coil package? Man that would be sweet.
Old 07-07-2004, 11:08 AM
BJ's Off-Road

MC, here's da shout out! HOOPS O' CHEESE AN' SNOWTIRES! j/k

Steve, you never ask.......most places will give us a discount, which we'd pass on. But, if it's easier to go elsewhere and pay more.....hehehe.
Old 07-08-2004, 12:36 AM
FSJ Bird Man

Yea, I cant believe yall are so shamelessy plugging people that have regular jobs then get off to make FSJ parts in their spare time for minimum profits....I mean if I were to do an SOA I would get the kit from TT Fabworks, or maybe instead a lift kit from BJs Off Road, or maybe some great performance parts from Bulltear Ind.
But I cant cause I cant say enough about the great shirts I got from the member AMX Factor for the 2004 FSJ Invasion-East Coast hosted by SORA 4x4 located in Eastern NC. I was thinking about going downtown to GA and checking out Performance Off Road Products, but first I need to host my pictures on the SORA message forum hosted by www.tqhosting.com (owned by a IFSJA member)..

No shame on this board, sheesh!

My son asked:
Quote:
Why does Daddy always buy the Jeeps that break down a lot?"
www.torc4x4.org
Old 07-08-2004, 01:50 AM
High Tech Redneck

So, how would you all feel if I setup a seperate Jeep vendors forum? And by seperate I mean totally seperate from my own forum but in a similar format. At least it would be a place to get suggestions for products, provide feedback and have links to everyone main sites for product ordering.

What thinkest you all? It would only take me an hour or 2 to set it up and get it on line.
Old 07-08-2004, 03:05 AM
Propane Protagonist

I'm for it!

Bring back Junk Yard Genius! he may have peed in some of your cornflakes, but everything he told me was helpful!
Old 07-08-2004, 02:06 PM
www.Bulltear.com Chief

Go for it Gwamp
Old 07-08-2004, 02:49 PM
High Tech Redneck

I will set the basics up tomorrow and tweak it from there. I should be able to keep it free for everybody at least for the time being. I will give the vendors a special "Vendor" title. It probably will have some or all of the following sections:

1) FSJ products for sale

2) FSJ product suggestions

3) complaints/complements

4) misc for sale/wanted

To keep this free the forums will have to be bare bones and that means that you will have to host your own images.

I will post up a link back in here with the operational forum when I get it on-line.
Old 07-08-2004, 03:14 PM
High Tech Redneck

Eh, I got bored so here it is:

FSJ Vendor's world

This will give us a skeleton to work with that can be modified easilly as warrented.

Please note that this forum is completely seperate from my other one and the nonsense that goes on there will not be tolerated in this forum for the most part.
Old 07-08-2004, 04:59 PM
JB Welder

Looks good Gwamp - I went ahead and signed in as your number one guinea pig.

It could be a good resource if it remains active and lots of people post on there.....
Old 07-09-2004, 02:14 AM
Propane Protagonist

I did too. Looks promising. I've only dealt with two vendors, BJs and RB, but I'll wait until my comments are relavent before I post anything. Thanks Gwamp!

Bring back Junk Yard Genius! he may have peed in some of your cornflakes, but everything he told me was helpful!
Old 07-09-2004, 12:25 PM
www.Bulltear.com Chief

Not sure its a good idea now. Without any control what so ever for a vendor this type of forum could hurt a good vendor and also cause alot of time being wasted trying to clean up the mess. Sorry Gwamp...thought at the time it would be a good idea
Old 07-09-2004, 01:35 PM
High Tech Redneck

What do you mean by no control? What exactly would you need control of and why? Help me out here. I am open to suggestions for this.
Old 07-09-2004, 01:40 PM

Great idea Bob, Thanks
I regestered, just too busy to post anything at the moment.

IFSJA WMS PROJECT
EARLY WAG LIFT SEARCH

Quote:
...Pay no attention to these heathen barbarians with their cutting torches and 8" lift kits!...

Self Inflicted Flesh Wound
Old 07-09-2004, 02:47 PM
Master Mechanic

Indeed I have registered and look forward to reading about and perusing thru future ads for new jeep products. All new ideas have teething problems, but they can and will be worked out. I like it gwamp we will now have both points of view.
project
Old 07-10-2004, 03:25 AM
www.Bulltear.com Chief

Gwamp here is what I mean

1. lets assume a screw up was made and we get a unhappy customer right off the bat. How many posts and reposts would we have there? How much timne would a vendor have to spend kissing a## or trying to smooth something out that may have happened in shipping? (who has time to go to another website to defend their business)

2. Lets say everything goes smoothly with every transaction and someone just doesnt like the name or business. This can cause alot of turmoil and where would the facts be proven?? (anyone could sign up and bash a vendor)

3. ANOTHER WEBSITE! Man I am on about 5 of these sumbiches a day and my a## is getting bigger.

4. Their are alot fo things that Bulltear sells that alot of other FSJ vendors sell and vice versa. How would we stop from competing to the point of making a small group of FSJ fans in charge of pricing?

5. Personally I dont know you Gwamp, I think you would be a fair and honest person like you said setting up this website but whoi wants to take their name and put it in the control of someone they dont know?

6. In theory its a good idea, BUT our company already has a forum and a 100% satisfaction rate.

I like the idea of posting our products for others to see ...that is great and is good on all ends. I just dont like the idea of me wasting my time any more than i already do trying to defend the business from some poster who freely types his or her minds opinion that may or may not be a customer....see what I mean their is no integrity built up...Its a free site that is not affiliated by any business but could cause problems for all businessess. We already have sites like IFSJA.org Pirate4x4.com ...ect and we would hear very easily a problem about a vendor. We have already heard praise and problems here.

I am not saying I am 100% against this but at this time I feel that I dont have the time or energy to support a FSJ enthusiasts vendors forum without any accountability for actions...period
Old 07-10-2004, 03:38 AM
Master Mechanic

perhaps I might make a suggestion here. I know often times I buy things local out of need for speed. However many of my purchases I tend to know about in advance. If the forum was setup in a manner where users could a want add of sorts. For instance bilyrb mentions that alot of vendors will give them discounted prices. I am all for sending my business to bilyrb(bjsoffroad) or jode (buildyour4x4 as they have taken excellent care of me in the past. so if i as a user can post what I am looking for and a vendor can offer me a close or cheaper price i buy from them.
SO now lets say I have a prob with A vendor. Make the rules state that the vendor forum is not the place to B!*CH whine and moan. Make the rules say if you have a prob with a vendor send emails or take it to a different forum. Personally I here too many people griping about vendors here as it is and I know who i will deal with and who I wont. Then one step farther have a group of moderators enforce the rule. delete the post warn the user and then ban users as needed. its a little more work but it allows the vendors actually sell and attract business and not defend their position.
the real world example is a vendor places an add in a magazine or newspaper. people unhappy with the vendor are not allowed to post derogetory information and attach it too the add if they are unhappy they have to find a different medium to express their issues.

I will admit this idea has its prob in that by adding these rules it is no longer a self governing forum but if people are willing to volunteer to manage the few users who will cause probs i think the jeepin community will benifit.
Old 07-10-2004, 07:36 AM
High Tech Redneck

So it sounds like you are are afraid of the chance of negative feedback on a transaction at the core of this. There are 2 sides to that issue. One, if you are selling shoddy goods and ripping people off, people need to know about it. This forum here does not allow for that to occur. The other side is for you to defend yourself from an a$$hat who decides to be a pain by spreading around false tales of bad transactions. This is easy enough to do with good record keeping and is how the priate vendor's forum operates. I still fail to see the problem. If you are scared of it then skip it.

Sounds like you want the abilty to censor anyone who might dare to offer a legitamite negative opinion of your goods. Not in my county at least.
Also you would squelch those who would give you the positive feedback you deserve for doing honest business.

You sell the same product as another vendor and he is selling it at a lower price and you cannot compete. Welcome to capitalism! If you cannot deal with a tiny bit of competition then you should not be in business really.

I am about as disinterested of a third party as you are going to find to do this for free. No one who is completely disintrested in FSJ's is going to do this for nothing. All I want to achieve here is a central location for all vendors to put up a quick link with as much or as little info as they want to their respective stores and hopefully get it linked from the main IFSJA site. Most of us who have been around a while already know who is selling what, but there are a tremendous # of new users who have no clue of the full range of pruducts we all have made.

If the feedback section turns into a circus then I will dump it. I will tolerate no BS-either from a$$hat users or shady vendors. I can always make a special place to enshrine those who need it. If this place grows then I will assign someone to take over the various subfoums as needed.

If someone wants to put forth a set of rules and guidelines for this place then we can mold it into something usable and go from there with it. I am open to any suggestions to make this place work.

Also, will someone try to contact Dome and see if we can't get a link?
Old 07-10-2004, 01:25 PM
www.Bulltear.com Chief

Gwamp I guess I just have concerns. Bulltear already has a forum and if we made shoddy goods you would definately hear about it so thats not the case. I am leary of a place like this and just need some time to think about it, please understand