• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • H Callaway
    350 Buick
    • Aug 13, 2005

Pattern I am using for my Interior.

This is the interior of an early Ford Truck that was on Ebay last fall. I loved the retro look of the Black with White Pleats. The interior is being done at a shop in the middle of nowhere! The Gentleman doing it has been in a wheelchair since he was about 8 after he fell out of a tree, he must be at least in his late 40's. I got to spend about 4 hours with him on Thursday watching him work. It was great and I should have paid him for the honor of watching. The other half of the shop was a gun smith that played an acoustic guitar the entire time I was there. Adding that and the warmth of the wood stove, I could have moved in. This is the pattern that I have asked him to follow. I know it is not in anyway correct, but my truck is so plain it needed a little bling to give it some eye appeal. I should have the real pictures next week. The door panels will have black with white pleats. Wayne spent about six hours just getting the seat springs corrected. The seat had been recovered and they tried the old add carpet to build it up. He takes a seat down to the bare frame, repairs it, paints it and then covers it. I really think it is going to turn out great with all his effort!!!!!!

In the end the original picture of the Ford Truck disappeared, so here is the end result. He looked at trying to build the seat bottoms up with carpet, but in the end he said that is not the way it should be done. He tweaked the springs, added some, tied them together and it sits better than my Z71 Crew Cab and my old SD250 (which was much better than the GMC). The door panel pleats have worked out any wrinkels once the interior warmed up. My dash is now complete. It is pretty much done other than a few electrical issues (03-24-09) update.

Last edited by H Callaway; 03-24-2009, 12:22 PM.
    900 plus pictures not in any order taken during restoration. (Plus a couple of assorted pictures that down loaded.)
    http://s83.photobucket.com/albums/j289/hcallaway/
  • Kaiser
    327 Rambler
    • Jan 14, 2006

Good God that's gonna be gorgeous! That's actually pretty close to what Im shooting for with mine as well. I dont suppose this guy's in Portland area?
    1965 Kaiser/Jeep Gladiator J300 7600 GVW

Comment

• H Callaway
      350 Buick
      • Aug 13, 2005

Wayne is in the Richmond VA area (Buckingham County/Columbia) and I would be glad to give his name and number out to anyone interested in using him. I guess we will have to see the finished product before I can finish singing his praise.
      900 plus pictures not in any order taken during restoration. (Plus a couple of assorted pictures that down loaded.)

Comment

• bigun
        • Feb 10, 2003

Be sure to post up lots of pics when it is done! When I lived in Tx there was an old man with no legs who rebuilt trannys. He had a concrete pad outside of his travel trailer where he could pull them from the vehicle and all his benchs were set up so he could sit on the ground and work on them. I never had one built by him, but he never lacked for work, He had to turn away as much as he did.
        charlie
        KB0HXA
        "Crom" 76/75 Cherokee/J20 Hybred,

Originally posted by Gambler68
        congrats...that's the first post on here I have absolutely no effing clue how to comment on.
        How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.
        Robert A. Heinlein
        The birth of CROM is recorded here
        http://www.alaska4x4network.com/showthread.php?t=7778

Comment

• james1414d
          350 Buick
          • Oct 08, 2002

callaway, kaiser, kaiserman and kenall. watching your progress! those are my favorite restos here. that design for the seats looks good.
          Super wagoneer gone!

Comment

• KaiserMan
            I got the Willys....
            • Jun 21, 2005

That will look great. I've always liked bold color combo's like that. When ever I get around to having my seat done it's going copper and gold. As close a match to the original colors of the truck as I can get.
            Thomas Russell
            1987 Cherokee Laredo 2-Door 4.0/AW4
            1971 Gladiator
            J2000 Platform-Stake Dump 350/T18

1970 Gladiator J3000 3407Z Camper Truck 350/T18
            1968 Wagoneer Custom 327/TH400

Comment

• johnwaynejeep2

Callaway,

Thats gonna look awsome. I can't wait to see it.

Comment

• DanHS
                • Aug 29, 2004

Nice, simple so it doesn't look overly done or misplaced, but sharp and good looking, plus it will go with the shade of yellow nicely. That truck will be so beautiful.
                '84 Grand Wagoneer 360/727/229, 32" General ST's and 36" Swampers, 3" lift, TFI/Mallory 6AL, CS 144, Taurus fan, custom bumper, and custom 'bodywork'. Soon to have 6" lift

'79 Cherokee S 360/T15/D20, rusting away while I figure out what to do with it

'91 Final Edition GW in Spinnaker Blue!

My FSJ pics

FSJ Grille Identification

Comment

• JPSwapMohn
                  304 AMC
                  • May 01, 2004

beautiful, but i find it hard to believe that you think your truck is going to look "so plain"! I hope to get over your way to marvil at such a generic, plain, unimpressive vehicle.. I think I have looked through ALL of your pictures. Very inspiring.
                  One day I will wake up and realize that my jeep is complete...one day, I just know it.

88Wag, LT1/4L60E/NP242, F150 fuel cell, discs, J20 axles, Truetrac & Grizzly, 3.73
                  http://imgbox.com/g/rNuIasKYrS
                  95YJ, STaK 300, D44's, SOA, ARB's, 4.56s, Bilsteins, 35" KM2's
                  50 CJ3A
                  77 J-10, 360/T-18/D20, SOLD

Comment

• J.J.
                    327 Rambler
                    • Jan 07, 2005

That interior came out really nice.
                    Joseph

77 Cherokee 4 door

Comment

Link broke? I wanna see.
                      Mark B. Jones

Originally posted by GrandWag&Prix
                      Actually, now that I think about it, that could be either awesome or really terrible.

'79 Cherokee Chief "Junaluska"

Comment

• J.J.
                        327 Rambler
                        • Jan 07, 2005

Originally posted by 710 Burner
                        Link broke? I wanna see.
                        Go to his photobucket. Check out around page 14.
                        Joseph

77 Cherokee 4 door

Comment

• H Callaway
                          350 Buick
                          • Aug 13, 2005

The link that was broke was the Ford interior I had found and liked. This is my interior off that pattern. That SUPER Wagoneer is great.

Comment

• gotmike
                            327 Rambler
                            • Aug 31, 2008

where'd you get that battery holder???

it must be nice to have your own lift in your garage...lol...

and now for the complimentary "you suck" just because i wish i had the time and money to do something like that...

very nice job by the way...
                            J.E.E.P
                            Just Everyone Elses Parts!
                            '77 Cherokee Chief
                            w/ '92 12v cummins,
                            NV4500
                            NP 205
                            e]
                            Dana 60 Front axle
                            Dana 70-HD Rear axle
                            Build thread: http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=90702
                            trailer build thread: http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?p=1314880&posted=1#post1314880

Comment

• H Callaway
                              350 Buick
                              • Aug 13, 2005

Originally posted by gotmike
                              where'd you get that battery holder???

it must be nice to have your own lift in your garage...lol...

and now for the complimentary "you suck" just because i wish i had the time and money to do something like that...

very nice job by the way...
                              This is a modified dirt track battery holder. Someone like Summit or Speedway has them for sale. I wish I had a lift, there are two lifts in some of the pictures. Both are shops that I am friends with. One is into Race Cars (He can do English Wheel etc..) and is a real metal worker, the other is into British Cars. (I did a similar job on a 1964 MGB, wife drove it 5 times in 10 years, now in storage.) Time is not a factor now, money is an issue! I know everyone is feeling the pinch.

Comment

Working...
                              X