• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blauvelt
    230 Tornado
    • Nov 19, 2019

Koenig PTO - crank driven, Installation

Morning,

Kept the crank driven Koenig PTO off my Series 2a. Has anyone mounted a PTO to their Wagoneer? Pictures or literature?

Thanks,

Doug
  • joe
    • Apr 28, 2000

Mechanical winches haven't been an option on FSJ's since the 70's. Most were Ramsey and the PTO was gear driven off the of the d20(bottom) transfercase then via sprocket/chain/driveshaft to the winch. I've heard some T-18 truck trannies had avail PTO's than worked off the side of the trans, but never seen one. Weren't the LR mech winches driven from the side of the transfecase? Either way I suspect PTO drives and associated linkage are pretty rare and dear by now. Ease and parts fab/install costs will be related to how much of your other old LR stuff you still have besides just the winch. May just be cheaper to go electric winch?

Guy to prolly talk to is "Herm the Overdrive Guy" http://hermtheoverdriveguy.com/power-take-offs
    joe
    "Don't mind me. I'm just here for the alibi"

Comment

• blauvelt
      230 Tornado
      • Nov 19, 2019

Joe, thanks for the reply. I gave up on getting anything from Herm after waiting 2 years and change for a rebuilt ribbed case Warn. This particular PTO is driven off the front the engine with a short driveshaft. The LR guys still make the shafts and pulleys as well as the winches are still be made in Europe. Wondered if anyone on here had a PTO on their Wagoneer.

Originally posted by joe
      Mechanical winches haven't been an option on FSJ's since the 70's. Most were Ramsey and the PTO was gear driven off the of the d20(bottom) transfercase then via sprocket/chain/driveshaft to the winch. I've heard some T-18 truck trannies had avail PTO's than worked off the side of the trans, but never seen one. Weren't the LR mech winches driven from the side of the transfecase? Either way I suspect PTO drives and associated linkage are pretty rare and dear by now. Ease and parts fab/install costs will be related to how much of your other old LR stuff you still have besides just the winch. May just be cheaper to go electric winch?

Guy to prolly talk to is "Herm the Overdrive Guy" http://hermtheoverdriveguy.com/power-take-offs

Comment

• red mistress
        304 AMC
        • Sep 13, 2007

Chelsea made PTO for T98 & T18
        67 Gladiator 15K J3000 AMC 327, PTO, 35" BFG's
        69 Jeepster 8701 convertible
        80 Honcho Sportside
        82 CJ-8 75K org SR decals
        82 Cheroeke Laredo 24K
        83 CJ-8 50K 401, ARB60's, F&R Winch, 38"
        84 CJ-7 38K Garnet Int., Jeep 8274 winch
        84 CJ-8 mud Scrambler
        87 J 20 36K smooth alum camper & boat rack.

Comment

• J20 project
          304 AMC
          • Dec 27, 2000

I have set up a lot of PTO drives on many types of rigs. The only front/crank drives I have ever dealt with were tractor/backhoe types. That being said, I have been involved w/ a fair number of tcase and trans mount Chelsea PTO drives. The rest is simply shafts, keyways, and u joints.... So I guess sorry, I don't have crank driven PTO experience as it applies to FSJs but not sure why it would be a goal here..Not stock, etc.

J20
          J20
          BP Drivetrain...........

Driveshafts for all Jeeps, Constant velocity rebuilds, Replacement, Repair
          775-537-7918

https://www.facebook.com/BPShafts/

Putting this back up. "Someone is gonna have to crawl under the rig"

Comment

Working...
          X