Man I gotta tell ya... this was a happy day for me!!!
I just finished the rear suspension mods to compensate for the 7" gained on the front SOA. IT WORKS!!! NO BLOCKS AND I SIT LEVEL!!!
I am a happy camper!!!
I did all my math, made new inverted shackle cages for the rear shackle flip and fabbed a new mount for the front of the rear springs as well. After about week of math and geometry on paper, I started to make my new mounts from 3.5" box steel with 1/4" thickness. I dropped the front mounts down 5.25" and the new rear shackle cage I welded in place just under the existing one. Once the shackles were mounted to the spring, It took some prying the tension out of the rear springs and they pushed into place. I now have a SOA complete with NO BLOCKS!!!
I had to put limiters on the new inverted shackle cages to stop hyper-extension of the shackles on suspension droop, but that was no big deal... it takes away about 1.5" of full droop, but can be remedied by relocating the shackle mounting hole about 1.25" forward (more math involved here).
Oh... finished my 'Z'bar draglink today as well....SWEEEEEEEET!!!!!
I will have pics posted as soon as I get my friends digital cam to take some... stay tuned for "pics of SOA rear susp. mods"
78 Wagoneer "River Beast"
Dana 44's (soon to be 4.88's)
7" SOA conversion
4" Skyjacker Softride
3" Trailmaster Bodylift
33x12.50's on 15x10's
(soon 38.5x14.50's on 12's)
My FSJ site: http://www.geocities.com/~spazz4life
"Where there's a hill...there's a way!"