X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rang-a-stang
    Administrator
    • Oct 31, 2016

Super awesome! Just noticed the black on your cowl vent. How's your hood look?
    Chuck McTruck 71 J4000
    (Chuck McTruck Build Thread)
    (8.1L swap questions - PerformanceTrucks.net Forums​)
    79 Cherokee Chief (SOLD, goodbye old buddy)
    (Cherokee Build Thread)
    11 Nissan Pathfinder Silver Edition 4x4
    09 Mazdaspeed3 Grand Touring
    00 Baby Cherokee

Comment

• bluehwy
      258 I6
      • Apr 28, 2014

Originally posted by cu4whln
      LOTS of GREAT progress!

Very Bice !!

No power seats?
      Heated seats only...

"And for those brave Right Wing Americans who say it's about... keeping America safe... if you want to fight against a country you need a F-15. You need a something a little more than a gun." ---Brandon

Comment

• bluehwy
        258 I6
        • Apr 28, 2014

Originally posted by rang-a-stang
        Super awesome! Just noticed the black on your cowl vent. How's your hood look?
        I'll snap a pic for ya. You'll really dig my grille though I think!

"And for those brave Right Wing Americans who say it's about... keeping America safe... if you want to fight against a country you need a F-15. You need a something a little more than a gun." ---Brandon

Comment

• bluehwy
          258 I6
          • Apr 28, 2014

Sand blasted (very lightly) the grille and the paint shop epoxied the cracks and some of the chrome edges to blend it smooth. Then matte black to match the rest of the painted chrome and black accents.

Rang, found only one side of the grille's rubber edging. Do you still have some of that left? Do you still want the leafs? I'm getting to where I have other parts that I can start letting go too. Sorry I haven't been able to get your way. Really hectic with my girlfriend's move, her daughter's move, and a bit of a shake up at work.

Comment

• SOLSAKS
            304 AMC
            • Jul 25, 2016

just looked at the recent build photos, very nice work.

you will enjoy it. dave in NC
            SOLSAKS - dave
            1976 J-10 HONCHO Fleetside
            1982 J-10 Fleetside
            1988 grand wagoneer
            2004 RUBICON jeep
            Benson, NC

Comment

• bluehwy
              258 I6
              • Apr 28, 2014

Originally posted by SOLSAKS
              just looked at the recent build photos, very nice work.

you will enjoy it. dave in NC
              Thanks Dave! Just seems like there's still so much to do...

Comment

• rang-a-stang
                Administrator
                • Oct 31, 2016

DANGIT! I don't have any left. Mr. Solsaks might know where to get more, though...

I think I am more excited to see yours come together, then mine! HAHAHAHA!! SOOoooooo glad you are keeping the pignose! Any estimate on a day when you crank it over for the first time?
                Chuck McTruck 71 J4000
                (Chuck McTruck Build Thread)
                (8.1L swap questions - PerformanceTrucks.net Forums​)
                79 Cherokee Chief (SOLD, goodbye old buddy)
                (Cherokee Build Thread)
                11 Nissan Pathfinder Silver Edition 4x4
                09 Mazdaspeed3 Grand Touring
                00 Baby Cherokee

Comment

• bluehwy
                  258 I6
                  • Apr 28, 2014

Originally posted by rang-a-stang
                  DANGIT! I don't have any left. Mr. Solsaks might know where to get more, though...

I think I am more excited to see yours come together, then mine! HAHAHAHA!! SOOoooooo glad you are keeping the pignose! Any estimate on a day when you crank it over for the first time?

No estimates; already shot all of those!!! lol

Comment

• bluehwy
                    258 I6
                    • Apr 28, 2014

Struggling with AC Comp Bracket

My York bracket is broken. Found a replacement on eBay but the seller sent me the wrong one. I'm wondering though ifin it will still work. It is for a 360 but definitely not York-style. Maybe Sanden (if anyone knows please chime in)???

The reason I'm considering using it is I plan on upgrading the AC full kit and it comes with the Sanden compressor. Any opinions are appreciated.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2mVvUQ1]

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2mVBp7x]

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2mVAVYs]

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2mVBp7N]

Comment

• bluehwy
                      258 I6
                      • Apr 28, 2014

Dakota Digital

New late present to myself...

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2mVCCAF]

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2mVEuKT]

Comment

• cu4whln
                        304 AMC
                        • May 16, 2008

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2mVEuKT][/QUOTE]

That looks NICE !!
                        It's not yours 'til ya bleed on it . . . https://forums.ifsja.org/core/images...s/rolleyes.png

1977 "401" 'Da Chief
                        1979 Chero: "Madness" [Sold]
                        1972 J4000
                        1985 CJ : Renegade -locked and loaded
                        2005 Unlimited Rubicon - Built
                        2012 Artic JK 4 door, 2016 JK 2 door

'Da Chief here: http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showt...ighlight=chief

Round 2- LT Swap: 'Da Chief:
                        http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=188457

"Madness" build here:
                        http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=89280

Comment

• bluehwy
                          258 I6
                          • Apr 28, 2014

Installed dash, firewall insulator, E-brake, steering wheel, and started wiring.

Comment

• bluehwy
                            258 I6
                            • Apr 28, 2014

Installed windshield and luckily saw a great video of how-to so I realized I had the gasket inside out before I started. The big lip at the bottom is supposed to lap over the dash in the inside side of glass.

The wire is an absolute must for installing the trim.

The tape helped to keep the trim from slipping out of the gasket while pulling the wire.

Used the wire when installing the rear window too. Proof all can be done by one person.

Comment

• bluehwy
                              258 I6
                              • Apr 28, 2014

Built power steering lines and connected hydro-boost. Bought the hoses that were supposed to go to the hydro-boost from one of our main vendors a long time ago. When nothing lined up during install I went back to their website and saw they quit selling those hoses with this system and are supplying a very expensive custom kit. Figured I'd just build them myself. Was cheaper and more fun. I was able to use one of the three hoses supplied in the original kit. I cut off one end at where I teed the return. You can see it where it screws in to the larger port on the steering box. Note that the stock steering box uses that same port as the pressure side. My steering box is an AGR and it is spec'd out as the return.

Comment

• bluehwy
                                258 I6
                                • Apr 28, 2014

So, I was living above an old saloon in the foothills of the Sierra Nevadas. Started up a conversation with the guy that lived behind the bar. He had a couple Wagoneers. Come to find out the '88 GW sitting in his yard was the same one I sold to his dad in the 90's! They owned a Jeep shop in Bako for ever.

I showed him pictures of my '79 project and he said let him know if I needed help with the electrical. My initial thought was I don't have the extra money and I should just do it myself. Given the circumstances, it doesn't make sense for me to and I really need to be done soon; besides, the situation struck me too close to seem serendipitous.

So my buddy welded up the linkage so I can steer it and hauled it to the guys house where he is helping me with the wiring!

Comment

Working...
                                X