• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fsj454
    Long time member
    • Jan 02, 2015

Nothing

Have to wait for FedEx . Tires today.37-12.50-r17
    1982 cherokee nt. 454. nv4500 .205. dana 60 f+r. twin stick.hydroboost.hydrolic clutch.rock ram.traction bar.warn 12000 winch.4 wheel disc.flip kit.soa.high steer.cross over steer.4.56 detroit locker.35 spline rear alloy axles. 37s .1990 grand wagoneer aka trusty rusty

Comment

• BootsC91
      230 Tornado
      • Feb 18, 2019

Installed new rediator, reran trans cooler lines. Temporary locked front axle with constant vacumn. So not to damage the new transfer case and chased down some trans fluid leaks. Amd installed a sub with amp. Finally got her shifting right and not lubricating everything under the hood the wrong way
      '83 j10 86k miles orig. 360 AMC, tq727 and np219 sitting on either 35 or 31s. Custom bed, custom bumpers,(rear is a air reserve) with more in the works

Comment

• chubbinius
        258 I6
        • Oct 31, 2018

Put in LED brake/taillights, LED backup lights, new side marker bulbs, new front turn signal bulbs, and new turn signal lens covers (plain clear plastic, need to order the ones with the chrome trim on them when they are available). Got ready to replace the headlights and install the relay harness, but realized there are a bunch of wires that I need to trace out first to see if they impact the headlights before I put in the new relay.

Used the shop vac to locate a couple suspected exhaust manifold holes or cracks and attempt to patch them. Still have to see if I was successful...

Picked up a vintage 1970 Owner's manual from a vendor at the Big 3 Auto Parts Exchange/Swap-meet at Qualcomm Stadium too.
        1970 1414X Wagoneer "The Pig"
        -Dauntless 350 V8
        -D27 front/D44 rear
        2006 XK (65th Ann Edition)-DD

Comment

• ProTouring442
          327 Rambler
          • Mar 15, 2011

I ordered a new CB radio.

I'm starting to collect parts for the next run on the thing. New interior, all new dash (again), widetrack flares, paint, etc. Depending on how long it takes, we might be have the finances to finish it with new suspension, axles, etc.
          You ever wonder what medieval cook looked at the guts of a pig and thought, "I bet if you washed out that poop tube, you could stuff it with meat and eat it."

Comment

• DarkMonohue
            Shakes hands with danger
            • Jul 01, 2012

Does Monday count as weekend if you don't go to work?

Replaced the fuel pump yesterday...in the snow.

Originally posted by ProTouring442
            I ordered a new CB radio.
            What are you going with? These things are pretty tight on space with the underdash A/C unit in place.
            '85 J20 Old Man Truck, bought @ 65K miles - not great, but better than walking.
            Member, FSJ Prissy Restoration Association
            High quality junk here: intro thread and slow build thread

Did you know? Willys is just Willis spelled differently, but pronounced the same. Neither Willy nor his apostrophe are involved.

Comment

• ProTouring442
              327 Rambler
              • Mar 15, 2011

Originally posted by DarkMonohue
              What are you going with? These things are pretty tight on space with the underdash A/C unit in place.
              Nothing about the dash or HVAC in mine is as it came from Jeep. I'm running a GM combined HVAC based system (dehumidified defroster!), and a custom, deeper dash/console.

I went with a peaked and tuned Cobra 29LX. I'll also be running a Yaesu Ham transceiver and Midland GMRS transceiver.
              You ever wonder what medieval cook looked at the guts of a pig and thought, "I bet if you washed out that poop tube, you could stuff it with meat and eat it."

Comment

• mwood65
                258 I6
                • Jul 17, 2017

hmmm

Just drove mine.......

Sorry it's not more exciting.

Comment

• Bkgw
                  232 I6
                  • Feb 11, 2016

Dropped the tank (fun!) Gonna replace sending unit and skid plate. Tomorrow I get to cut out drivers side floors and rocker in prep for the new ones .

Comment

• ZackN920
                    350 Buick
                    • Nov 18, 2015

Well, since we haven't been getting snow and I haven't had any good paying work, i've been messing with the Jeep the last few days.

This weekend, after doing some running around we stopped at the local gas station. Jeep was smoking when I shut it down at the pump. Opened the hood and found that my tiny pinhole became large enough now to piss coolant... The next day my dad went out and soldered that up!

Big project for the last few days:
                    I've been getting tired of the excess road noise heard if sitting in the back (also hear it through the vehicle if driving in the rain/misc) so I pulled the inner panels out and put some (fake!) [found it at menards. It's for duct work!] sound deadening in the quarters. Double layer on the wheel wells. Layered all of the inside quarters with reflectix (heat barrier)and added some sound deadening on top of that. It actually quieted it up some! I drove around in the rain with the side panels out and it sounded a little quieter than when the panels were on. I also put some sound deadening under the rear seat on the floor and along the wheel wells on the floor(only where I could pull the carpet up).
                    Afterwards, I set the original jack all back up in the qaurter panel and re-aranged how my bottle jack and 4 way sits so they don't bang around anymore while driving. Then cleaned up my interior side panels. (the one looked like it had mold on the back!) Put some sound deadening on them, repaired the one (fancy repair with some velcro strips to hold it better to the metal) and re-attached them. WOW, now my cheap crappy 5.25" walmart speakers actually sound good! Oh, and the Jeep is noticeably quieter driving around.

Also did more cleaning of the carpet. Got some stains out that were still in the cargo area.

All this work in the back, I noticed my tailgate wiring needed some attention. The plastic that was around the wire has always been broken/missing and I previously put electrical tape around them to protect them when opening/closing the tailgate. Well, that deteriorated and I noticed 2 wires had cracked insulation. Took it all apart and fixed that, then recovered the wires with some odd tape I have that sticks to itself but not to anything else. Allright, we'll see how long that lasts.

I've been missing an alignment pin on the one side.(when you close the tailgate there is supposed to be a pin on the right and left that goes into a cone shaped hole in the left and right edges of the tailgate) So, I pulled the little bracket and checked out my stash of hardware. Found a bolt that fit the threads and was of a proper length. Cool. Took it to the grinder and shaped the end of it like the one original pin I had. Installed it into the bracket and re-installed that in the body of the Jeep. Now I have both alignment pins again.

After that, while slowly cycling the tailgate back and forth I noticed those pins didn't line up perfectly. It closed fine, but the one was towards the very edge of the cone shaped hole. I noticed that the whole tailgate was a little "off" compared to the body when closed. So next I adjusted the hinges on the tailgate. With the slight closing issue, I noticed the right side was sitting down a little (compared to the body). Raised it with the hinge and that side latches better. The left side still had an issue, and I noticed that the top of the tailgate was out when closed all the way while the bottom was in. So I adjusted the hinge on the floor on that side and got the tailgate sitting straight. Now its easy to get latched again.
                    Re-adjusted the pins afterwords and tightend them. Now hopefully the tailgate wont move around so much when driving....

I also cleaned up and properly re-attached the rear window wash nozzle. Now it will actually spray the glass insted of the ground. Shouldnt leak inside the Jeep either now when it rains.

And finally, I fixed a dumb little problem with the hood release latch on the hood itself.

That's actually a lot of random junk I've been doing! Probably a little more that I'm not remembering...
                    Last edited by ZackN920; 03-13-2019, 08:52 PM.
                    1990 Jeep Grand Wagoneer-"Big Jeep"

AMC 360, TF727, NP229, 2.72 gears, 2" lift
                    Rancho 44044 springs, Rusty's 2" AAL, TFI w/ MSD C/R
                    ...in pieces for more rust repair...

Comment

• rang-a-stang
                      Administrator
                      • Oct 31, 2016

Originally posted by ZackN920
                      ...actually spray the glass instead of the ground...
                      HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Good fix!
                      Chuck McTruck 71 J4000
                      (Chuck McTruck Build Thread)
                      (8.1L swap questions - PerformanceTrucks.net Forums​)
                      79 Cherokee Chief (SOLD, goodbye old buddy)
                      (Cherokee Build Thread)
                      11 Nissan Pathfinder Silver Edition 4x4
                      09 Mazdaspeed3 Grand Touring
                      00 Baby Cherokee

Comment

• FLguthrie
                        232 I6
                        • Feb 18, 2018

cluster

Well.....ran outta gas for the 2nd time......ggrrr.... consulted the wiring diagrams and inspected what the PO butchered the wiring up... Connected the grounds..and BAM!!! I have a fully functional Gauge Cluster....except for the lights out of course...LOL...I'm pretty stoked!!

gauge.jpg

thanks

Anthony

Comment

• DarkMonohue
                          Shakes hands with danger
                          • Jul 01, 2012

Went out yesterday to address a coolant leak. The bypass hose was not sealing at the stat housing. Managed to break a bolt trying to remove the housing. I can't remember what I use on the bolt last time I had it apart, but it was all kinds of stuck. Had to drill it out and then attack it from inside with a chainsaw sharpening stone in the Dremel.

After the bolt hole got tapped and cleaned, I polished the hose fittings and resurfaced the thermostat housing. Put it all together and discovered that the hose clamp at the leaking fitting was probably caused by a deformed hose clamp giving a false torque value, acting like it was tight when in reality it was just stuck.

Well, it's fixed now, anyway...
                          Last edited by DarkMonohue; 10-27-2019, 12:47 PM. Reason: spelling/typo
                          '85 J20 Old Man Truck, bought @ 65K miles - not great, but better than walking.
                          Member, FSJ Prissy Restoration Association
                          High quality junk here: intro thread and slow build thread

Did you know? Willys is just Willis spelled differently, but pronounced the same. Neither Willy nor his apostrophe are involved.

Comment

• Sgtjoyce
                            230 Tornado
                            • Sep 27, 2019

Starting 78 J20 project

Trying to get it up and running. Like FLguthrie, connected a ground and things started looking up. I had no guages, lights, wouldn't turn over. Grounded block to firewall, and realized "I" and "S" terminals on starter solenoid were backwards. Lights work, engine cranks. Next step, get fuel flowing.
                            Johnny

78 J20 360, TH400 new project
                            77 CJ5 Straight 6, T-18, 10/14 Bolt, 4.88's, 38's, spring over, stretched rear, fiberglass body, cage
                            09 JKU Mall crawler
                            15 JKU Wife's

Comment

• AM Woody
                              258 I6
                              • Jan 11, 2003

Water pump. Searched here for recommendations and bought the aluminum GMB (from Summit). Also, looked at the FSM. No sealer on the gasket, used a torque wrench - so far so good. When I got in there I noticed the radiator brackets had separated from the tanks, so swapped it out with a lo-mile junkyard rad I picked up on half-price day a while back.
                              - Andy M.

89 Grand Wagoneer. Status: Operational
                              92 XJ Laredo. Original family owners
                              00 XJ Limited. T-boned. Need new body
                              00 XJ Limited RWD
                              06 TJ Rubicon. Original owners

Comment

• Sgtjoyce
                                230 Tornado
                                • Sep 27, 2019

Still trying to get it running. Fuel pump works, filter's ok, but no gas through carb. Next step clean carb. Also pulled gas tank and found tons of rust and other crap in there. Ordering a poly tank today.
                                Johnny

78 J20 360, TH400 new project
                                77 CJ5 Straight 6, T-18, 10/14 Bolt, 4.88's, 38's, spring over, stretched rear, fiberglass body, cage
                                09 JKU Mall crawler
                                15 JKU Wife's

Comment

Working...
                                X