• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Biscuit5050
    232 I6
    • Sep 04, 2014

An Update

Every time I get ready to post my update, I think, lets be totally fair and I reach out to them once again.

Well it has been 6 months and they have my parts and my money.

I finally got an RGA# and a Fed Ex shipping label. Off went the parts and then nothing. Fed Ex tracking delivered and signed so time to email.

And nothing. Time to call, left a message. Contact pay Pal to register a complaint. Wait a bit and repeat email and call.

Finally got Melissa, yep parts received credit due, being processed by Pay Pal. And Nothing. Contact Paypal, get this outside window of opportunity to file a grievance (Pissed Off)

Call again, speak to another person who speaks to Melissa. Because the refund was issued outside of timeframe TGW would have had to pay fees to send me the money. Do I want to pay the fees or get a check in the mail?
    ( I made a mistake) opted for check, because... nothing!!

I got a tracking number. Label printed for package but pick-up is not scheduled. Emails and calls and nothing.

Now did you know you can't track a USPS parcel without knowing the exact name and address of sender. Tracking number be Expletive Deleted!Expletive Deleted!Expletive Deleted!Expletive Deleted!ed.

I hope that $89 answered all your needs TGW. Every part needed has been purchased elsewhere. How much, are you curious? Well it is a 38 year old project car and you may have seen the post about the T-Case chain project or other various odds and ends and all those window welts and weeps that have rotted out............. Soon there will be body panels and carpet and who knows what else.

Your prices were good, selection great, shipping Expletive Deleted!Expletive Deleted!Expletive Deleted!Expletive Deleted! fast, where do you fail CUSTOMER SERVICE.
    Biscuit

Blue - 77' Wagoneer
    401cid de-smog / 400TH / Quadtrac w/ reduction

Comment

• bwwhaler
      258 I6
      • Apr 17, 2012

I hate to hear about your troubles Biscuit, and I have personally never ordered anything from them, until last week, I suckered myself into buying some extended sway bar links for my lift... I didn't have any problems, they charged me right away, I was worried, but then they shipped like two days later.... I was very reluctant to buy anything from them with all the negative feedback about them, but, I figured what the heck.... I guess they do work some of the time... I hope you get something straightened out with them.
      87 GW 360 performer intake Holley 670 HEI
      Razor Grill 4"BJ's springs 32's CS-144 Serehill's light and tailgate harness

Comment

• deckside
        258 I6
        • May 02, 2015

Customer service sucks but I found that if I go through paypal with them I get quick resolutions...learned the hard way with some seatbelts. On the flipside 90% of the stuff I have ordered shipped right away and their door weather stripping is the only way to go. Im wary but still use them.
        1980 Wagoneer Limited "Prissyish" Sold
        1972 Wagoneer Butter Scotch Gold restoring

Comment

• Kaiserjeeps
          360 AMC
          • Oct 02, 2002

I realize this is an old thread. But I too had a real bad experience with them. I ordered a LOT of parts for two wagoneers. Hundreds of dollars worth. I received the box and almost all the the multiple items were shorted. The invoice would state 3 and the box had one. So I called them and actually got through. I explained what I had in front of me and I was treated as if I were lying and trying to score more items for free. I don't rip off anyone EVER.
          They finally sent all the missing parts. This was 2 years ago. And worth mentioning now.

EDIT: Comments on my last experience with BJ's deleted. This is about TGW.
          Last edited by Kaiserjeeps; 01-05-2017, 10:09 AM.
          Melford1972 says...
          I’d say I feel sorry for you, but I really don’t, Mr. “I-stumble-into-X-models-the-way-most-people-stumble-into-Toyota-Carollas.” 🤣
          -----------------------
          I make wag parts
          1969 CJ-5 41 years owned
          1969 1414X Wag in avocado mist
          1970 1414X Wag in avocado mist
          1968 M715 restomod
          2001 Dodge 3500
          2002 Toyota Tundra
          2006 Toyota 4runner was Liz's, parked

Building a m715 over at the m715zone
          Beloved wife Elizabeth Ann Temple Murdered by covid on Oct 19th 2021

Small violin, large amp

Comment

• billyrb
            BJ's Off-Road
            • Aug 15, 2001

I figured I'd chime in on this. I was the person you spoke with when you called in, and I'm at a different location than Brent (the phones route to my location). Brent is typically handling packing / shipping / inventory / billing, and has his hands full most days making sure our customers get their orders and we keep the lights on. I handle the calls / emails / tech support, etc. When we spoke, I advised you that we might be interested, and to either leave Brent a message and he could reply when he had time, or to shoot us an email with details / etc and we'd look into it. You weren't being blown off, rather we were looking for the best way to handle the request while still helping our other customers at the same time. It may not seem like it, but we fill hundreds of orders, hundreds of calls and hundreds of emails each day. Brent's role on the phone is mostly spent with our suppliers and making sure we have the inventory we need, correcting inventory / supply problems, and any time away from that delays orders that have already been placed.

While we are open m-f, I personally work 7 days a week (sometimes remotely) to keep in touch with our customers, chase down parts, and even help them find things that we don't carry or can't get. You can also see on our webstore that we are constantly having new parts made (most in the USA) and we take this niche market seriously, and spend a lot of time making sure new parts are made all the time. Please don't think that we don't care, aren't interested, or that you are being blown off, because that isn't the case.

If you still have the email and are interested in pursuing it, please send to [email protected] and we'll give it a look & discuss with Metro and see what the possibilities are.
            BJ's Off-Road
            [email protected]
            Your source for '63-'91 FSJ Parts

Comment

• Kaiserjeeps
              360 AMC
              • Oct 02, 2002

That was not my experience at all. You rewrite history very well. I am deleting the above regarding what happened. This is about TGW. And I don't see a resolution at this point.
              Maybe next time things will go better. Happy new year.

Originally posted by billyrb
              I figured I'd chime in on this. I was the person you spoke with when you called in, and I'm at a different location than Brent (the phones route to my location). Brent is typically handling packing / shipping / inventory / billing, and has his hands full most days making sure our customers get their orders and we keep the lights on. I handle the calls / emails / tech support, etc. When we spoke, I advised you that we might be interested, and to either leave Brent a message and he could reply when he had time, or to shoot us an email with details / etc and we'd look into it. You weren't being blown off, rather we were looking for the best way to handle the request while still helping our other customers at the same time. It may not seem like it, but we fill hundreds of orders, hundreds of calls and hundreds of emails each day. Brent's role on the phone is mostly spent with our suppliers and making sure we have the inventory we need, correcting inventory / supply problems, and any time away from that delays orders that have already been placed.

While we are open m-f, I personally work 7 days a week (sometimes remotely) to keep in touch with our customers, chase down parts, and even help them find things that we don't carry or can't get. You can also see on our webstore that we are constantly having new parts made (most in the USA) and we take this niche market seriously, and spend a lot of time making sure new parts are made all the time. Please don't think that we don't care, aren't interested, or that you are being blown off, because that isn't the case.

If you still have the email and are interested in pursuing it, please send to [email protected] and we'll give it a look & discuss with Metro and see what the possibilities are.
              Last edited by Kaiserjeeps; 01-06-2017, 11:51 PM.
              Melford1972 says...
              I’d say I feel sorry for you, but I really don’t, Mr. “I-stumble-into-X-models-the-way-most-people-stumble-into-Toyota-Carollas.” 🤣
              -----------------------
              I make wag parts
              1969 CJ-5 41 years owned
              1969 1414X Wag in avocado mist
              1970 1414X Wag in avocado mist
              1968 M715 restomod
              2001 Dodge 3500
              2002 Toyota Tundra
              2006 Toyota 4runner was Liz's, parked

Building a m715 over at the m715zone
              Beloved wife Elizabeth Ann Temple Murdered by covid on Oct 19th 2021

Small violin, large amp

Comment

• Barnstormer
                230 Tornado
                • Dec 20, 2021

FYI: Team Grand Wagoneer still sucks bad

First couple small(ish) orders were ok. Fast shipping too.
                Ordered new power steering hoses. They sent the wrong ones. Fine, no big deal. Of course they acted like I was dumb and never admitted any fault. Asked for pics. I obliged. No response. And ignored my messages attempting to ask how they preferred to get the wrong parts back. I was always completely courteous. I finally just packed them up and put the box in the mail on my dime. Wrote "RETURN" on the outside with sharpie. *shrug*

When it came time to get me to pay for the correct hoses, this glorious Melissa person finally responded! Wonderful! In the same message chain that had my ignored messages right above. Heh. I paid up and they eventually got around to sending the correct ones OVER A MONTH LATER. Maybe two. No communication. They just showed up one day.

It was a saga of weeks and months. Over a dumb hose. There must be some serious attitude going on at this place.

Also, a bunch of their parts aren't great. Gauges showed up with the orange paint half chipped off the needle. Some gaskets didn't fit, etc. Nothing major but an annoyance. An annoyance I probably would've been fine with if I wasn't a paying customer being actively disregarded and ignored.

Told myself I'd never order from them again. I softened and recently put in another small (couple hundred) order. It's been a week and no movement. Just sent a courteous message asking when it might ship. Heh. Maybe I just like the abuse. If I don't hear something very soon I might actually take a drive to Kenosha and get some things figured out.

Unfortunately, they have some parts that the others don't have.

By the way, BJ's has been awesome and I plan on continuing to give them most of my business.
                Last edited by Barnstormer; 03-18-2022, 09:15 AM.
                I like cheese. Cheese is good.

'80 Cherokee - 360 stocker(ish)
                '77 J20 parts rig - 304 swapped
                '86 Volvo 240DL wag - 6.0LS
                '99 XJ - 4.0 HO
                45 bicycles

Comment

• Ristow
                  • Jan 20, 2006

There is really no need to be using these “specialty” stores for mechanical parts for these. Next time go to oreillys for a power steering hose and avoid the mail order drama.
                  Originally posted by Hankrod
                  Ristows right.................again,

Originally posted by Fasts79Chief
                  ... like the little 'you know what's' that you are.

Originally posted by Fasts79Chief
                  I LOVE how Ristow has stolen my comment about him ... "Quoted" it ... and made himself famous for being an ***hole to people. Hahahahahahahahahha!

It's like you're unraveling a big cable-knit sweater that someone keeps knitting...and knitting...and knitting...and knitting...

Comment

• Barnstormer
                    230 Tornado
                    • Dec 20, 2021

Definitely!
                    But it's just so dang addictive to drop things in the cart, especially when you get on a roll.

'99 XJ - 4.0 HO
                    45 bicycles

Comment

• Barnstormer
                      230 Tornado
                      • Dec 20, 2021

Also...

I'm not saying it was related, necessarily, but we had some credit card fraud pop up a little while after this. Attempted use in CA. We're in IL.

'99 XJ - 4.0 HO
                      45 bicycles

Comment

Working...
                      X