• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wbwilly62
    230 Tornado
    • May 22, 2011

New Arizona Member

Hi guys (and gals),

I'm new to the site although I'm sure I've brushed across it before in web searching. I haven't technically had a JSF in awhile but I do have a '73 Jeep Commando that doesn't fit into very many categories. I got here by a web search on Wagoneer track sizes while researching donors to get my '62 Willys Pickup into a moveable object rather than the lawn art it has been since I bought it about 5 years ago. Body is fairly complete, no motor and not much interior. Glass is all good except a crack down the middle of the windshield. I have a 401 and a couple of 304's and 290's laying around (I also have a '68 AMX, a couple of '68 Javelin's, and a '71 Javelin that are possible future projects), two TH400's and whatever transmissions and transfer cases are in the 3 Willys that have them. I would like to use a mid to late model Wagoneer chassis and running gear and swap on the willys body. I've seen a couple of threads here dealing with that but I'm not sure I'm up to the frame shortening task. Anyway, just thought I'd introduce myself.

Thanks,

Bill
  • jeepjseries
    350 Buick
    • May 30, 2009

Welcome bill from Oklahoma!
    -2000 Volkswagen Jetta diesel
    -1976 Wagoneer 401/Turbo 400/QT with 4 low/Dana 44s

Comment

• Locked and Loaded
      350 Buick
      • Jul 04, 2006

Welcome home. What part of Arizona? Are you ready for some trail rides?
      Last edited by Locked and Loaded; 05-23-2011, 04:58 AM.
      Jeff

Drink more water.

"Nothin' ain't worth nothin'.
      But it's free"
      Kris Kristofferson 1970

1981 J10, 258, T176, NP208

Comment

• gwinn
        360 AMC
        • Nov 05, 2001

Hey Bill, welcome to the board! Sounds like you have some cool stuff as well as some helpful knowledge to share. Good luck with the projects and hopefully someday adding a FSJ to the herd.
        1983 Cherokee Laredo "Gus"

Comment

• will e
          Always Broke
          • Nov 16, 2001

Welcome to the board.

Anyone know what is going to happen to the waggy frame from the P2 donor? It's missing the rear cross member but otherwise in fine shape.
          82 Cherokee WT ? SFwith Alcan/agr box/Borgeson shaft/ 401/performer/Holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS(2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave,Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37/Corbeau Moab Seats /Hella/tuffy console/sliders/custombumpers&roll bar/WARN 8000/steering brace/CO2 Tank/dual batts/custom TCskid plate

Comment

• Josh D
            360 AMC
            • Jan 17, 2002

Welcome aboard Bill!
            '71 J2000 Gladiator
            '95 YJ on Waggy axles
            '80 911 Super Carrera

Comment

• Tad
              • Nov 30, 2001

Anyone know what is going to happen to the waggy frame from the P2 donor?
              Didn't hear any real plans for it but I'm pretty sure that is up to Casey.
              2000 Infinity QX4, 3.3L, MPFI, 4 speed auto, 2 speed Nissan tcase, Unibody, IFS front, 4 link rear solid axle with 255-70/16s

IFSJA WMS PROJECT
              EARLY WAG LIFT SEARCH

...Pay no attention to these heathen barbarians with their cutting torches and 8" lift kits!...
              Self Inflicted Flesh Wound

Comment

• wbwilly62
                230 Tornado
                • May 22, 2011

Thanks

Thanks for the warm welcome even though I'm the redheaded stepchild (or weird uncle for age appropriateness). I live in Wickenburg, Ans would love to do some trails. Unfortunately I drive a semi at night and run a business during the day. So I don't get much time to play right now, but hopefully soon.

Thanks again,
                Bill

Comment

• jaber
                  Dragin Az
                  • Oct 17, 2003

Welcome to the land of empty pockets and unfinished projects...

I spent many years tromping around between Yarnell and Wichenburg.
                  We might have to get together and talk about your cars, I've always wanted one to build.
                  Jeff

'43 cj2a
                  '51 Willys p/u
                  '51 Willys Parkway Conversion
                  '68 Panel Delivery
                  '74 CJ5
                  '75 J-20 Wrecker
                  '75 J-20 Cummins service bed
                  '77 J-10 p/u
                  '79 Cherokee
                  '88 Grand Wagoneer
                  '98 Grand Cherokee