X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 81wag phil
    232 I6
    • Mar 16, 2002

My Wag has a 3" set up with it exiting behind the right reat tire, the only time I get fumes is with the rear window down while I'm at a stop, or if I only have the rear window down. If the front window is open it creats enuff pressure to blow everthing out the back. Although not everyone can roll around all year with the front windows rolled down.
    Phil Langelier<br />Moreno Valley Ca.<br />College Student (Bio-Chem)<br />81 Wagoneer \"FEJ\" or \"The Flesh Eating Jeep\" <br />360/stock w/stock drive train<br />3\" lift w/ 33 12.5\" BFG A/T\'s<br />Dual gas tanks (45 total gals!)<br />Conferr roof rack (soon to hold 4 forward facing lights 2 rear facing, a hi lift on the side and my CB anntena)<br />The only Tan one around here<br />[email protected]

Comment

• Weelspin
      232 I6
      • Sep 07, 2001

I just had to replace my ENTIRE exhaust system thanks to a water hole and a Kia Sportage. Fun story..... anyways, I ran the pipe out the side behind the rear tire. I was going to go with straight back, but seeing as how I have a trailer hitch I use and I didn't want to carbon up my trailer, I stayed with the side. I asked about in front of the rear wheel and was told 2 things. 1, the pipes will become a LOT smaller if a large object (like the ground) were to apply pressure on the pipes and also, the wheel spinning in the well will suck the fumes and stuff into the drain holes in the wheel wells..... There ya go.... By the way, I went from 2 3/4 pipes off the manifold to 3" into the cat, into a 36" glass pack and then a 3" exhaust pipe for my 258.... sounds NIIIIICCCE!
      Dave<br />1986 Grand Waggy

Comment

• jeepbob
        Jeep Idiot
        • Jan 16, 2001

The system I had on my wag at first came out under the rear bumper and you want to talk about fumes being sucked in, it made your eyes water. I went to outlets behind the rear tire and do not have this problem any more.
        65 wag. with a bunch of stuff done and more happening.<br /><br />\"If the local junkyard calls you for Jeep parts, you might be a redneck\".... and yes they do!

Comment

Working...
        X