• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blazer3664
    350 Buick
    • Mar 08, 2009

current junkyard pricing??

There is a 88 chevy about 30 miles from me being parted out. Motor is pulled, supposedly no clipped wires. Gona go look tomorrow, and maybe pick up the entire wiring harness, and all the TBI stuff off of it.

The guy says he calls 2 junkyards and sells his stuff at half. So, since the junkyards are all closed, what kind of rates is this stuff going for lately? I wasn't realy looking at the moment, but if I can pick up what I need for cheap.......

Thanks,
    Jim
    modified flares, removable top, OBA w/200psi tank,
    LQ4, 4L80e,NWF doubler w/upside down 203
    SOA w/ D44s F+R for now
    H1 wheels+tires (cut), hydroboost brakes
    custom shackle flip
    W/F150 springs
    -----Coming Soon-----
    snorkels,
    OX'd D60/14B-FF
  • FSJ Guy
    • Mar 20, 2005

For reference, there is an FSJ member selling a nice throttle body, modified ECM with a chip of your choice and a LABELLED wiring harness for $200.
    Ethan Brady
    1987 Grand Wagoneer, slightly longer than stock.

www.bigscaryjeep.com

Don't mess with me. I once killed a living hinge.

Comment

• JeepsAndGuns
      AMC 4 OH! 1
      • Jul 18, 2003

Pricing varys greatly based on the junkyards and the area you live in. There is normally not any "set" price for parts as every junkyard sets their own prices. A engine at junkyard "A" may cost you $500 plus core for a high mileage engine, while junkyard "B" several miles away may only want $300 for the same engine and it be a lower mileage unit and no core. I have even seen prices change based on the customer. Lots of times if you roll in driving a nice new truck, and clothes that are not dirty, they are gonna see $$$ and give you a higher price. While if you roll in with a old beat up rusty truck (or jeep ) and have on dirty clothes, they might see you more as a good ol boy and give you a better price.
      Also prices change drasticly based on where you are in the USA. A junkyard in a big city usally has higher prices than one in small towns. Also it can vary widely from state to state and the local economy. So the best bet to you, would be to call said junkyards and compare prices yourself. That way you know if the seller is telling the truth.
      79 Cherokee Chief 401/T18/D20, MPFI fuel injection, hydroboost, otherwise stock.
      Future mods: Caddy 500/NV4500/NP205, HP D60 front D60 smooth botom rear, 5.13 gears, 35x12.50's on H1 beadlock wheels. Warn M12000 winch.
      93 Wrangler 4.6 stroker/AX15/NP231,SYE,CV, OME 2.5 lift, front hub conversion/big brakes, 31X10.50's Warn M10000 winch.

Comment

• blazer3664
        350 Buick
        • Mar 08, 2009

While if you roll in with a old beat up rusty truck (or jeep ) and have on dirty clothes
        Thats me. Went to look at a new car for my wife once after working on my truck. Dealer didn't even want to show me any cars till we "run some numbers". Guy didn't believe me I already had things lined up with MY bank.

For reference, there is an FSJ member selling a nice throttle body, modified ECM with a chip of your choice and a LABELLED wiring harness for $200.
        Good point. Thanks. Wrong tuning system for me, but definitely a good price for what he is selling.

Jim
        SOA w/ D44s F+R for now
        custom shackle flip
        W/F150 springs
        -----Coming Soon-----
        snorkels,
        OX'd D60/14B-FF

Comment

• FSJ Guy
          • Mar 20, 2005

Originally posted by blazer3664
          Good point. Thanks. Wrong tuning system for me, but definitely a good price for what he is selling.

Jim
          What system are you looking for? An 88 TBI should be using the 220 series throttle body and a 1227747 computer or something really similar.
          Ethan Brady

www.bigscaryjeep.com

Comment

• blazer3664
            350 Buick
            • Mar 08, 2009

What system are you looking for?
            I just meant the tuning part wasn't what I was looking for.
            I installed an EBL Flash setup for a guy a couple years back, and was impressed with it. Took us a few to get it figured out, but once we did it was easy to tune. Plug in the cable, tune, unplug. No chips to burn and replace.

Back to the original post, the wiring was all chopped up, and looked like there may have been a small engine fire. Didnt even go in the garage to look at what was still on the motor, just got back in my truck and left.

Jim
            SOA w/ D44s F+R for now
            custom shackle flip
            W/F150 springs
            -----Coming Soon-----
            snorkels,
            OX'd D60/14B-FF

Comment

• FSJ Guy
              • Mar 20, 2005

Gotcha!

Too bad that the harness and throttle body didn't work out.

You could buy that other setup in the FS section. You need a donor ECM to install the EBL system, anyway.
              Ethan Brady

www.bigscaryjeep.com

Comment

• blazer3664
                350 Buick
                • Mar 08, 2009

You could buy that other setup in the FS section. You need a donor ECM to install the EBL system, anyway.
                If he is still doing them when I get that far I probably will.

Wanted to look at the tail lights anyway, I got a BIG crack in one of mine on my DD. Waiting for it to split/fall apart. Stuff like that happens when you chuck firewood in/at the truck bed. But I bought it to use, not to baby. I'll drive it till it cost more than its worth to fix. Which may be soon, the cab is getting kinda scary. Still runs down the road good though. Rusted rockers, cab corners, did it really come with those? What???, you tellin me there is supposed to be rockers/cab corners where those holes are? Hmmm. maybe thats why the heater dont keep up so well anymore.

Back on topic..............
                Just saw that truck getting parted and figured I would go see if I could pick up some parts cheap. Not really that far along yet, I can run whats there for a while as I get other (more important)things finished.

Jim
                SOA w/ D44s F+R for now
                custom shackle flip
                W/F150 springs
                -----Coming Soon-----
                snorkels,
                OX'd D60/14B-FF

Comment

• JeepsAndGuns
                  AMC 4 OH! 1
                  • Jul 18, 2003

If you dont want the ecm I have in there with the eeprom chip socket in there, I have another 1227747 ecm that I have not touched, it has a chip with the bcc of AMUR witch is a 87 350 auto I can swap out. I'll knock $30 off the price (about what I have in parts to mod said ecm)

Edit**
                  Nevermind, I just sold the un modded ecm with a harness. All I have left is the one I have added the eeprom socket to.
                  But I can remove that if you want, since your replacing the board with the ebl flash, you dont need a socket anyways.
                  Last edited by JeepsAndGuns; 08-31-2011, 05:29 PM.
                  79 Cherokee Chief 401/T18/D20, MPFI fuel injection, hydroboost, otherwise stock.
                  Future mods: Caddy 500/NV4500/NP205, HP D60 front D60 smooth botom rear, 5.13 gears, 35x12.50's on H1 beadlock wheels. Warn M12000 winch.
                  93 Wrangler 4.6 stroker/AX15/NP231,SYE,CV, OME 2.5 lift, front hub conversion/big brakes, 31X10.50's Warn M10000 winch.

Comment

• blazer3664
                    350 Buick
                    • Mar 08, 2009

JeepsAndGuns, you are a pain in my...........................

Thats very tempting, and a good price. Let me think about it, and I'll get back to you. I think I am getting ahead of myself here. I still have a garage full of parts I havent got installed yet. Hard to pass up a good deal though.

Jim
                    SOA w/ D44s F+R for now
                    custom shackle flip
                    W/F150 springs
                    -----Coming Soon-----
                    snorkels,
                    OX'd D60/14B-FF

Comment

• smacaroni
                      258 I6
                      • May 04, 2011

This is what I've been paying at a local U-pull-it, except for the first time when I got a cylinder head, valve cover, exhaust manifold and downpipe as well as all the associated hardware (which didn't fit my application but better safe than sorry) and 12 push rods for $15. I don't think I'll ever get that lucky again.

http://eichelbergerupullit.com/pricing.html without a doubt, they're the cheapest place around. Rodney's Jeep Parts wanted $200 for just the head, valve cover and manifold.
                      1982 Wagoneer LTD, Slushbox, I6 w/ 4.0 head, Explorer rear spring, 4.0 timing set/cover and backwards fuel gauge. How many gallons per mile do you make?
                      Proper grammar dictates the question is "may I borrow your BFH?" To which I answer "yes, you may, no take the bigger one, you'll need it".

Comment

Working...
                      X