• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kaiserjeeps
    360 AMC
    • Oct 02, 2002

Originally posted by o.r.t.
    It's just a matter of the site and server owner(s) deciding to download or you email/submit the relating photos to be put to storage.
    From there they are then server supported through a dedicated and backed up server-point file.

*I'll ditto what Jim just said, EPIC for sure. I don't post much in here but this has been my main go-to thread in here since the beginning.
    Thank you so much for sharing all of it with us. It's been an awesome ride.

Shane
    I swear the electronic world would crash without people like you Shane. I never would have a clue on that. Given the reduction in what happens behind the scenes here on this site the last couple years, I doubt it would happen even with a request. I am OK with that. I will do my best to keep photobucket happy. I hate doing that and protest all the way. In the long run I am over their barrel. And they know it.
    Thank you for the contribution on it.
    Any mods able to make it happen???
    Melford1972 says...
    I’d say I feel sorry for you, but I really don’t, Mr. “I-stumble-into-X-models-the-way-most-people-stumble-into-Toyota-Carollas.” 🤣
    -----------------------
    I make wag parts
    1969 CJ-5 41 years owned
    1969 1414X Wag in avocado mist
    1970 1414X Wag in avocado mist
    1968 M715 restomod
    2001 Dodge 3500
    2002 Toyota Tundra
    2006 Toyota 4runner was Liz's, parked

Building a m715 over at the m715zone
    Beloved wife Elizabeth Ann Temple Murdered by covid on Oct 19th 2021

Small violin, large amp

Comment

• rws31
      258 I6
      • Dec 10, 2016

Update on the window wipe clips I found.

The clips look identical but the little spike tab that you push thru the wipe to secure the clip to the wipe is in a different location. It is a little higher on the clip which means it has to be pushed thru a thicker part of the wipe where the wipe y's out to the window and to the door. Sounds confusing I know. I will try to get a pic of what I am describing.

Bottom line is, If you use these clips and put the spike thru the wipe at the same location of the factory ones, it jacks the wipe up to much and the wipe will not set on the door skin properly.

I found this out the hard way. Thought you might like to know.

IMG_20191019_093507861 by Roger Smathers, on Flickr
      89 GW, 454, 700R4, 241C, 411's with posi's, 9" rearend, 2500 stall, lifted, and lots more to do.
      1988 Ramcharger
      1999 International 4700 Crew Cab 4X4, custom step side bed
      2003 Durango 4x4
      1982 CJ7 4 banger
      2008 MB E320 Bluetec

Comment

• o.r.t.
        230 Tornado
        • Jun 18, 2018

Originally posted by Kaiserjeeps
        I swear the electronic world would crash without people like you Shane. I never would have a clue on that.
        Awww. Certain vehicle manufacturers would deny that and (try to falsely) implicate me again though. Hahaha!

On that note though, remote host them w a dedicated desktop (server)? Just gotta figure out how to ship ya an old HP desktop I got cleaned and has been sitting around. ie: https://www.instructables.com/id/Tur...-a-web-server/

Comment

• Stumplake
          230 Tornado
          • Nov 13, 2012

Fantastic build thread it has been Al.
          I'll be looking at it for years to come.
          Thanks for all the wisdom.
          Wade

Comment

• Kaiserjeeps
            360 AMC
            • Oct 02, 2002

Thank you Wade. I don't know how long the thread will survive. Photobucket sent me an email saying they blurred and watermarked all my images. I had to start a monthly payment to them to restore my images. Those busturds. I would tell them to go fly a kite, but loosing the thread after so much work would be a shame. I put a lot of effort to share information, part numbers, product discoveries, etc.
            I have had pictures on PB for years and years. It was always free. Not any more. I strongly urge any folks out there looking for a place to host pictures, find a different place to do it instead of PB. They have destroyed thousands of really good threads all over the internet. In the name of greed.
            Anyway, thanks and sorry to go off on it.
            Melford1972 says...
            I’d say I feel sorry for you, but I really don’t, Mr. “I-stumble-into-X-models-the-way-most-people-stumble-into-Toyota-Carollas.” 🤣
            -----------------------
            I make wag parts
            1969 CJ-5 41 years owned
            1968 M715 restomod
            2001 Dodge 3500
            2002 Toyota Tundra

Small violin, large amp

Comment

• 63J200atLSU
              327 Rambler
              • Jan 15, 2016

Thank you Wade. I don't know how long the thread will survive. Photobucket sent me an email saying they blurred and watermarked all my images. I had to start a monthly payment to them to restore my images. Those busturds. I would tell them to go fly a kite, but loosing the thread after so much work would be a shame. I put a lot of effort to share information, part numbers, product discoveries, etc.
              I have had pictures on PB for years and years. It was always free. Not any more. I strongly urge any folks out there looking for a place to host pictures, find a different place to do it instead of PB. They have destroyed thousands of really good threads all over the internet. In the name of greed.
              Anyway, thanks and sorry to go off on it.
              Al, I would STRONGLY, request, urge, plead that you get a flickr (hosted by yahoo) or google photo account going and do a photo dump onto a server like that. Or as suggested above, make a dedicated photo server locally. The FSJ universe is better because of this thread. You da man, Al.
              '63 J200 Resto-mod in progress
              (http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=178651)

If all goes well, we can toast to accidental successes.

I'm convinced I'm just too dumb to know that I can't restore this old truck...

Comment

• bkilby
                350 Buick
                • Jan 10, 2016

Originally posted by 63J200atLSU
                Al, I would STRONGLY, request, urge, plead that you get a flickr (hosted by yahoo) or google photo account going and do a photo dump onto a server like that. Or as suggested above, make a dedicated photo server locally. The FSJ universe is better because of this thread. You da man, Al.

If he did that, the links to the pics won't work. And you can't go back and edit older posts to change the links to the pics.
                1974 Cherokee S. It's driving but needs more work. As usual!

Comment

• 63J200atLSU
                  327 Rambler
                  • Jan 15, 2016

Originally posted by bkilby
                  If he did that, the links to the pics won't work. And you can't go back and edit older posts to change the links to the pics.
                  Dang it Brad. I more meant as a backup for the photos themselves, but really I'm just spit balling here...
                  '63 J200 Resto-mod in progress
                  (http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=178651)

If all goes well, we can toast to accidental successes.

I'm convinced I'm just too dumb to know that I can't restore this old truck...

Comment

• Kaiserjeeps
                    360 AMC
                    • Oct 02, 2002

Thanks for the other options Greg. I will be moving on from PB. They are no fun anymore. I have just about all the pictures saved on a computer I don't ever go online with anymore. So they are there for Bill and future inquiries. But keeping this thread visible and useful means giving in to PB and allowing them to bill me every month. At least paying to be ad free was an option.
                    I am still feeling like I need to rush through my other projects. Then have to remind myself the big goal is done. That I don't need to hurry up and get back to it. So it is a slow transition to what was 10 years ago. Creatures of habit we are.
                    Melford1972 says...
                    -----------------------
                    I make wag parts
                    1969 CJ-5 41 years owned
                    1968 M715 restomod
                    2001 Dodge 3500
                    2002 Toyota Tundra

Small violin, large amp

Comment

• Kaiserjeeps
                      360 AMC
                      • Oct 02, 2002

Originally posted by bkilby
                      I found that out when I went back to change the model designation of Bills wagoneer. It is not a C model, but had a zero in place on the VIN instead. I think that is base model not one frill what so ever.
                      Melford1972 says...
                      -----------------------
                      I make wag parts
                      1969 CJ-5 41 years owned
                      1968 M715 restomod
                      2001 Dodge 3500
                      2002 Toyota Tundra

Small violin, large amp

Comment

• bkilby
                        350 Buick
                        • Jan 10, 2016

Originally posted by 63J200atLSU
                        Dang it Brad. I more meant as a backup for the photos themselves, but really I'm just spit balling here...

Sorry. I agree to have a backup, no matter what happens with PB. I ended up using my company website to host my pics. The company is cheap. https://www.ipage.com/
                        1974 Cherokee S. It's driving but needs more work. As usual!

Comment

• rang-a-stang
                          Administrator
                          • Oct 31, 2016

Am I done yet?

Holy Moly, I am done.....
                          HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! That is awesome!!!
                          Chuck McTruck 71 J4000
                          (Chuck McTruck Build Thread)
                          (8.1L swap questions - PerformanceTrucks.net Forums​)
                          79 Cherokee Chief (SOLD, goodbye old buddy)
                          (Cherokee Build Thread)
                          11 Nissan Pathfinder Silver Edition 4x4
                          09 Mazdaspeed3 Grand Touring
                          00 Baby Cherokee

Comment

• Kaiserjeeps
                            360 AMC
                            • Oct 02, 2002

Heh heh.... I was wondering if any body would notice that.

It's weird having Sadie gone. I can take my time on EVERYTHING!!

The 68 Jeepster I was to work on next is for sale. The owner has had some health issues and his priorities have changed. 2750.00 with clear title.
                            PM me me if any of you folks are interested. It is a good one.

Bill called..... He has 65 miles on Sadie now. He is beaming. His kids love it, the wife loves it, everybody is getting rides as everything gets broken in. The neighbor Diana (badarse Buick Riviera) is already planning the first car show.

5 degrees here this morning. 9 degrees right now at 12:30 AM brrrrr.
                            Melford1972 says...
                            -----------------------
                            I make wag parts
                            1969 CJ-5 41 years owned
                            1968 M715 restomod
                            2001 Dodge 3500
                            2002 Toyota Tundra

Small violin, large amp

Comment

• chubbinius
                              258 I6
                              • Oct 31, 2018

Heh heh.... I was wondering if any body would notice that.

Bill called..... He has 65 miles on Sadie now. He is beaming. His kids love it, the wife loves it, everybody is getting rides as everything gets broken in. The neighbor Diana (badarse Buick Riviera) is already planning the first car show.

5 degrees here this morning. 9 degrees right now at 12:30 AM brrrrr.
                              It made me smile as well...Holy Moly!

I am sure that the smiles and great times will continue for decades to come, Sadie is gorgeous!

5 degrees? That's brisk! I miss the seasons and the cold. Enjoy a nice cup of coffee in the morning chill!

Thank you again for all the tips and information you filled this thread with.
                              1970 1414X Wagoneer "The Pig"
                              -Dauntless 350 V8
                              -D27 front/D44 rear
                              2006 XK (65th Ann Edition)-DD

Comment

• Kaiserjeeps
                                360 AMC
                                • Oct 02, 2002

Sadie is alive and well in Seattle. Just under 500 miles and 10,000 smiles. Bill and his boys are here picking up a 1983 CJ7 to take home. Not done as nice as Sadie but in fantastic condition. Bring this to the top to try and find it easier next time.
                                I am building a custom 68 M715 and hope to get it done by the end of next summer. Maybe then I will get a fire under me to restore my 69 X model.
                                Cheers all.
                                Melford1972 says...
                                -----------------------
                                I make wag parts
                                1969 CJ-5 41 years owned
                                1968 M715 restomod
                                2001 Dodge 3500
                                2002 Toyota Tundra

Small violin, large amp

Comment

Working...
                                X