X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jeepjseries
    350 Buick
    • May 30, 2009

Nice job wish I had the time to do anything like this maybe when I get back to the states.
    -2000 Volkswagen Jetta diesel
    -1976 Wagoneer 401/Turbo 400/QT with 4 low/Dana 44s

Comment

• Dr. Marneaus
      360 AMC
      • Jun 16, 2010

Looks good so far, nice job! It's making me want to learn how to rebuild something...maybe when my lady friend gets her new house I'll borrow some garage space with a motor on a stand....hmm....
      Originally posted by FSJunkie
      Dr. Marneaus is now officially my idol.
      The Mag - The Wag

The Beast Build Thread:Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread
      1973 Wagoneer - 1987 360 w/ factory 4bbl - TH400 - D20 - D30/D44

Comment

• KyooMac
        258 I6
        • Oct 26, 2006

Looking good!

Comment

• 3rdelement
          350 Buick
          • Nov 25, 2009

update:

- installed freeze plugs(after having to search a rediculous number of autoparts stores.
          - installed all valves and springs. im very happy with the improvement in their seating just by cleaning them up and installing new valve seats(or seals)
          - touched up some paint that was damaged thanks to installing freeze plugs.
          - took the 2 valve covers i got and removed all the old paint and lots of rust. got them back to clean metal.

- chased all the threads in the block and heads.
          - cleaned all the bolts that had been removed off the truck during tear down.
          - the fan shroud has always been split in half. So i used some jb weld and pieced it back together, hit it with a coat of fusion by krylon satin black finish.

- used a wire brush attachment on the york compressor. taped off the hard lines, and painted the body and pully with a rust and high temp gloss black

- also brushed the power steering pump back to shiny metal from the flaking paint and rust that it had previously.

- also took all accessory brackets and polished those back to silver. the one that holds the top of the Ac compressor, i painted with high temp black to match the compressor. did the same to the water pump.
          - when i bought the jeep. the drivers side front side marker was missing, all there was, was the hole. so after all the dirty work i had completed this week i went searching for the missing wiring down in the fender. Was able to locate it under the old wasp nest(literally) and pull it back up and through the hole. it had the base of a broken bulb inside. so i took a few minutes and got it all cleaned and out. installed the side marker(the PO had given me a box of junkyard parts....it was among them). it was something little and most wont notice it. but i look forward to finishing all this engine work, to get this little sidemarker working.

removed the transmission fill tube to replace the o ring. NAPA part number: ATP13901

Last edited by 3rdelement; 11-20-2013, 12:20 PM.
          Richard Ricketts
          build thread: click HERE
          1985 Jeep Grand Wagoneer {woodless}-Edelbrock 1406 carb, Edelbrock Sp2p Intake, Hella ecode headlights, bixenon HID 5000k headlights, mb quart 6.5" component speakers f&r, alpine cde-100 deck, final edition grill, Hella 550 fog lights, 1991 window regulators, cs144, aluminum coolant&washer tanks

Comment

• 3rdelement
            350 Buick
            • Nov 25, 2009

purchased upper and lower radiator hoses, also a full set of champion spark plugs, when i do the tfi upgrade i'll gape them to .44

install goal for tomorrow is the tranny fill tube with new o ring.
            also the passenger side head
            both exhaust manifolds
            Richard Ricketts
            1985 Jeep Grand Wagoneer {woodless}-Edelbrock 1406 carb, Edelbrock Sp2p Intake, Hella ecode headlights, bixenon HID 5000k headlights, mb quart 6.5" component speakers f&r, alpine cde-100 deck, final edition grill, Hella 550 fog lights, 1991 window regulators, cs144, aluminum coolant&washer tanks

Comment

• The Colonel
              360 AMC
              • Feb 21, 2010

Looking good

Comment

• 3rdelement
                350 Buick
                • Nov 25, 2009

thanks for the help on the part number today!
                Richard Ricketts

Comment

• The Colonel
                  360 AMC
                  • Feb 21, 2010

Originally posted by 3rdelement
                  thanks for the help on the part number today!
                  No problem, glad to help.

We all go to keep these rigs on the road.

Comment

• 1jeep4me
                    350 Buick
                    • Jun 27, 2001

Keep it up! Besure to take some breaks and relax your mind. Dont for get fuel for the body and soul. Good food goes a long way.
                    Jenny SOLD
                    1982 Cherokee Chief Wide Track
                    4 inch lift
                    360 ci Edelbrock carb and intake
                    Daisy
                    1970 Wagoneer by Kaiser
                    350 Buick/Turbo 400
                    3.73:1 Limited slip
                    41K original miles
                    Lilly
                    SOLD your a good girl LILLY!
                    1973 Commando by Jeep
                    304 2V 3:73 Limited Slip
                    3 Speed
                    93K original miles

Comment

• Achilles
                      350 Buick
                      • May 12, 2004

Great job.
                      Life happens while you are making plans...............

1983 Wagoneer Limeted, 169k 360 AMC, NP 229, 727,
                      MODS: 2003 Durango bucket seats:
                      http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=159286
                      Build Thread: http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=174925

Comment

• 3rdelement
                        350 Buick
                        • Nov 25, 2009

yeah between the jeep and my 2 jobs. its a tight schedule. but i try and rest when i can. it went from being an impossibly complicated task(getting the engine done) to now im having fun, seeing all the hard work comming together. none of this would even be possible without a great forum of owners like you guys. and its nice that i can entertain with my hard work here.

oh the intake hose came in from bj's today. good quality part with the mopar tag on it still....i didnt think that this was a mopar engine???

well time for some rest.
                        i'll be back soon with more pics.
                        Richard Ricketts

Comment

• wanab4x4
                          232 I6
                          • Sep 18, 2010

like the thread.. but this is no where near a rebuild... ur not gonna do a valve job? the first thing i see is that a couple of the valves look burnt and after wire wheeling the valves u create lil grooves in the valves and they wont seal properly .. espically if u hit em on the,face cut or margin or the top cut .

i would also go with 1 piece hardnened pushrod .. ive used trick flow pushrods harndend one piece in alot of my motors and have no problems ever.. they are like 70bucks and they make em in any size u want .

this is more like a head gasket job and pushrod fix then a rebuild .
                          good job none the less .

but a cheap rebuild would consist of
                          new piston rings .. $40
                          polish the crank ..$40
                          u hone the block ur self (easy if u have any rebuild knowledge) FREE
                          valve job or lap the valves $150 or FREE
                          new rear seal $15
                          timing chain $30
                          new main and rod bearings $30
                          and otheres that were already broke..
                          i will be posting a full build on a budget within the next few months

good job tho.. u just got me on the title lol should have read TOP end rebuild

also when u tear heads off .. u wanna check the lip at the top of the bore .if u can stick ur finger nail and it get caught it needs a HONE. also the crosshatching in the borecylinder if no cross hatching the rings are not sealing .
                          Last edited by wanab4x4; 09-29-2010, 11:20 PM.
                          "hello 911 yes this is an emergency!they put me on hold. Yes im still here , i want some of ur best men on this job. i would like to report a missing person. how tall? bout 7 feet tall 5 feet wide weights about 8000lbs smoke belching out the rear. Is it oprah? no its my FJS" lol

Comment

• 3rdelement
                            350 Buick
                            • Nov 25, 2009

good luck with your build.
                            Richard Ricketts

Comment

• 3rdelement
                              350 Buick
                              • Nov 25, 2009

ok, sorry for the delay, been a couple crazy weeks.
                              so i went through all the bolts , brackets, and fittings, they have all been cleaned, painted and polished now.

READY FOR SOME ASSEMBLY!

new lifters, new pushrods, using a 30 year old custom tool to make sure the oil system is oiling correctly.

while my dad worked on that part, i relined the intake manifold with all new vac lines

next we installed the rocker arms, the "correct" way. so now each one is fully torqued, in hopes we dont have any chatter once this 360 is fired up.

next we checked the oiling again. and all 16 lifter/pushrods/rockerarms oiled the way we hoped they would.

**disclaimer....I know i know....black RTV next time.
                              intake manifold installed.

starting to look like an engine:

last night i got the bulltear oiltube/dipstick (2nd one) installed with some modification.
                              Last edited by 3rdelement; 11-20-2013, 12:21 PM.
                              Richard Ricketts

Comment

• Josh D
                                360 AMC
                                • Jan 17, 2002

Looks good, you're getting close!!
                                '71 J2000 Gladiator
                                '95 YJ on Waggy axles
                                '80 911 Super Carrera

Comment

Working...
                                X