• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • flatbackdragon
    304 AMC
    • Aug 22, 2003

Originally posted by bigun
    Dang there goes the neighborhood!
    don't know if they'd let you park the pumpkin there (47F) as I tried to get our camper there since the beginning and Dave said no campers-trailers, even tho that first year we were there, there WAS a trailer parked there and I argued with Dave that there was but he insisted there wasn't. Shoulda took pictures.
    I wanted it for Clyde so he would be closer to trees for obvious reasons, I could have done w/o elec, H2O and sewer. But since the bear(s) like to roam that area, you can have it.
    "There's an inner idiot in us just waiting to climb out and romp about in unabashed stupidity, but most people retain just enough wit to keep the idiot bottled up."
    Gary Harmon-writer for Grand Junction Daily Sentinel (newspaper)

Phil (or Flip, Dragon)
    Draco-79 Cherokee 360/QT-4" lift-pretty much stock and trying to fall apart

Comment

• flatbackdragon
      304 AMC
      • Aug 22, 2003

Originally posted by HOOT
      Wow lots of you guys already booked up the Aspens,and then some.

Got a question.. I know I asked this before but never got a good answer or find a pic that shows it.... My memory is failing me.. Are the pull through spots 56-60 somewhat out of place on the above map? If it were Plate Tetonics would that area of camping slide down to the left and rotate counterclockwise about 45*. The bathrooms would then be shifted clockwise about 15*.? ALSO anyone have a real good shot showing 41 and 42 as well as that side of the road up to the corner? Is 41 really that relationship as shown to the bath house?
      Phil you live up that end ..any pics of your surroundings across the road. Dave says 41 is a small spot. Just how small he has not been able to tell me.
      If all goes my way I'll be driving the F350 with a trailer. I know I can always stash my trailer elsewhere. I'll be sleeping in the Truck. So 41 would need to be big enough to park a 23' long truck and a Honcho.

Any help would be appreciated.. Know of a pic? PM it to me or tell me exactly where to find it. As of right now my computer locks up on PhotoShop and sites like that. When things get better I'm going to burn this 10 year old cyberbox I have now and see what enjoying the internet is all about.
      56-60 sposts are correct. the spot below 56b is a somewhat grassy area, same with 57a-58a. map shows it pretty much the way it is, except 41 thru 44 should be shifted up just a tad bit, the split between 44-45 is pretty much right across from the upper part of 111 so really 44 should be where 43 is and 41 & 42 shifted up a bit. 41 & 42 MIGHT be big enough to park 2 vehicles straight in, no sideways stuff as there is a firepit that cannot be moved and table that goes with each site. 43 & 44 should be big enough. 45 I have somewhat a pic of, will see if I can locate it and attach, it only shows trees and a tent but that is the south end of the spot, there is more room on the north side of trees where the firepit and table are.
      found pic, have to transfer it and such but will get it up.
      "There's an inner idiot in us just waiting to climb out and romp about in unabashed stupidity, but most people retain just enough wit to keep the idiot bottled up."

Phil (or Flip, Dragon)

Comment

• bigun
        • Feb 10, 2003

Originally posted by flatbackdragon
        don't know if they'd let you park the pumpkin there (47F) as I tried to get our camper there since the beginning and Dave said no campers-trailers, even tho that first year we were there, there WAS a trailer parked there and I argued with Dave that there was but he insisted there wasn't. Shoulda took pictures.
        I wanted it for Clyde so he would be closer to trees for obvious reasons, I could have done w/o elec, H2O and sewer. But since the bear(s) like to roam that area, you can have it.
        The Great Pumpkin if I bring it will be parked in space 58 I reserved 47F for Craig and Crom
        charlie
        KB0HXA
        "Crom" 76/75 Cherokee/J20 Hybred,

Originally posted by Gambler68
        congrats...that's the first post on here I have absolutely no effing clue how to comment on.
        How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.
        Robert A. Heinlein
        The birth of CROM is recorded here
        http://www.alaska4x4network.com/showthread.php?t=7778

Comment

• flatbackdragon
          304 AMC
          • Aug 22, 2003

lousy pic I know, don't take too many pics in KOA of spots tho,
          in front of the Laredo is a large open spot. I remember pulling into it to back our trailer into 111, this pic is from 112. Our spots are 20ft wide, so figure that out, there's plenty room in 45. 44 is on north side of that and is about the same size, there is a split rail fence that seperates them.

Phil (or Flip, Dragon)

Comment

• HOOT

• Mar 28, 2003

Thanks Phil.

I'm trying to stay somewhat near the showerhouse. Sometimes walking justthat short distance is murder on my feet. 27 year old motorcycle wreck has been taken its toll on me the last few years. The arthrititus can be like walking on broken glass at times.
            All the same I want to stay somewhere Annie can do her thing without getting into trouble with the wildlife or bother anyone else.

I tried pulling it up on Google maps but it will not get in close enough.
            Tom Gibson
            1980 J20 Utility bed truck. Factory cab and chassis truck. Many new mods for it but it will look all stock.
            1985 J10 nothing special just a nice clean stock truck.
            1977 Honcho "Blue" 401/400/quad. Under going major upgrades.."This is Not Your Fathers Honcho", it may not even be a Honcho anymore when done.
            2017 Challenger. Very jealous of the Jeeps.

Comment

• Rande
              Ph.D in Jeep B.S.
              • Jun 26, 2000

Well, I'm thinking to head for Ouray this coming year instead of doing the Power Tour. I'd have to drive the '01 Cherokee though. No way to have the FSJ ready for such a trip.

Been wanting to return to CO since last spring's quick tour around the state. Power Tour is heading to Mobile AL. Not much interest there for me. I'll talk to my brother about it today. He and our cousin and their wives are planning to drive the Power Tour so they won't be driving it alone anyway.

I'll likely only have money for one vacation next summer. I'd rather do Ouray.
              N4ZYV

I ain't giving up. I've worked hard, it took me years to work my way to the bottom.

1998 Cherokee Sport (not maroon! Have history with maroon XJs)
              1937 Chevy pickup (in progress)
              1966 Mustang
              1937 IH D2

Comment

• fulsizjeep
                Señor Jackhead
                • Aug 21, 2002

That would be great if you can make it Rande. Heck, we even let "modern" Jeeps & Xploders join us.
                Flint
                Ran when parked.
                http://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac
                88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s with a few Evil Twin & TT's Fabworks mods
                76 401 Wag, 77 401 Wag, 77 401 J20
                http://eviltwinfab.com http://www.ttsfabworks.com

Comment

• bigun
                  • Feb 10, 2003

Originally posted by Rande
                  Well, I'm thinking to head for Ouray this coming year instead of doing the Power Tour. I'd have to drive the '01 Cherokee though. No way to have the FSJ ready for such a trip.

Been wanting to return to CO since last spring's quick tour around the state. Power Tour is heading to Mobile AL. Not much interest there for me. I'll talk to my brother about it today. He and our cousin and their wives are planning to drive the Power Tour so they won't be driving it alone anyway.

I'll likely only have money for one vacation next summer. I'd rather do Ouray.
                  All right bring it,we can probable even find you space to park
                  charlie
                  KB0HXA
                  "Crom" 76/75 Cherokee/J20 Hybred,

congrats...that's the first post on here I have absolutely no effing clue how to comment on.
                  How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.
                  Robert A. Heinlein
                  The birth of CROM is recorded here
                  http://www.alaska4x4network.com/showthread.php?t=7778

Comment

• flatbackdragon
                    304 AMC
                    • Aug 22, 2003

anything in the lower 40's are close to showers and with the little hill to the east of it with trees etc good place for a dog to do his thing, thats where i take clyde, or take him just next to 47F where a flatbad trailer usually is, its harder on me than him. In Bill Clintons words "I feel your pain"

most spots in the 50's have trees next to them and are reasonably close to showers too
                    Last edited by flatbackdragon; 11-15-2009, 02:36 PM.

Phil (or Flip, Dragon)

Comment

• Gambler68
                      Rabble Rouser
                      • Feb 29, 2004

Next year I'm bringing a slingshot to deal with those crows. Or my 98 Custom with sniper barrel p-ball gun. Undecided.

I tossed rocks at them this year, and they flew across the way to wake up everyone over THERE :P
                      1979 Chero S "Sundog" 1979 Chero S "Hammer"
                      1968 327 J3000 1978 J10SWB
                      The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
                      Hunter S. Thompson .

Comment

• flatbackdragon
                        304 AMC
                        • Aug 22, 2003

Next year I'm bringing a slingshot to deal with those crows. Or my 98 Custom with sniper barrel p-ball gun. Undecided.

I tossed rocks at them this year, and they flew across the way to wake up everyone over THERE :P
                        Dave does have a rule in the KOA...
                        You kill it...YOU gut it, skin it and eat it.

Phil (or Flip, Dragon)

Comment

• Rande
                          Ph.D in Jeep B.S.
                          • Jun 26, 2000

Maybe I'll bolt on the Rhino grille just to keep in the spirit of things.....

What are nighttime temps like at the KOA?

If I go, I'll likely arrive a few days early to acclimatize to the altitude. I'll spend a couple days driving through the mountains on the way to Ouray. That should give me time to get used to the thin air. Last spring, I went over an 11k pass without spending much time at altitude and that was not good. That percolating sound I heard was my blood boiling away in my brain....
                          Last edited by Rande; 11-15-2009, 05:32 PM.
                          N4ZYV

I ain't giving up. I've worked hard, it took me years to work my way to the bottom.

1998 Cherokee Sport (not maroon! Have history with maroon XJs)
                          1937 Chevy pickup (in progress)
                          1966 Mustang
                          1937 IH D2

Comment

• Carleysjeep
                            350 Buick
                            • Apr 06, 2009

HOOT, we stayed in site 43 last and it is across from the showers. 42 may be closer but really it is a toss up.
                            Dan Rowe

Originally posted by fulsizjeep
                            I don't think an apology is needed. Most of us are pretty opinionated even when we are wrong.
                            84 Wagoneer 4" lift 32x11.5
                            77 J 20 Chevy 350 35x12.5
                            89 Cherokee 3" lift 31x10.5

Comment

• Casey
                              • Oct 08, 2003

Where's the best place to fly in to?
                              1994 YJ
                              1986 Comanche
                              '57 FC-150

Carolina Full Size Jeep Club
                              www.cfsjc.com

www.patriotguard.org

Originally posted by Jeepstress
                              "Go forth and be a tool".
                              Originally posted by 78 Wagoneer
                              This year for ECI I got a Jeep. Pretty important upgrade.

Comment

• Originally posted by Casey
                                Where's the best place to fly in to?
                                LOL! Fly into Durango and I'll come fetch ya and the girls!
                                Krista - High Priestess of Our Lady of Eternal Combustion
                                77 401 Wag "Phoebe" ~ 77 401 J20 "Artemis" ~ 76 401 SOA Wag "Luna"
                                The worst thing about rolling my jeep.....is trying to lick the paper...

Comment

Working...
                                X