• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hugo K
    230 Tornado
    • Nov 02, 2019

Aloha from Hawaii

Hi Full Size JEEP lovers,
    I am fixing up a 1968 GladiatorJ3000 3/4 ton pick up with the AMC 327ci V8 on Maui.
    So far, I have replaced the bearings and seals in the Dana differentials and rebuilt the transfer case. The electrical system has been cleaned up fused and labeled, new carburetor and exhaust system.
    The biggest problem so far has been the fuel storage and delivery. This jeep has two tanks, one behind the seat, and switches for both sensor and tank selection that don't work. Spent quality time cleaning the under the rear tank and finally installed a plastic one. Everything else is stock or dealer option. except for a couple of AoooGa air horns under the hood.
    Vehicle is safety checked and licensed in Hawaii, It has been tremendous to have a FS truck for hauling materials. Lots of plywood, dirt and rock on our home remodel.
    Planning to scour the forum for troubleshooting ideas, as I don't have a mechanical background.
    Thanks for the add, any resources will be appreciated.
    Hugo Kenyon,
  • rang-a-stang
    Administrator
    • Oct 31, 2016

Awesome! Glad you are here! Your truck sounds great! Drive it and enjoy it.

We all love seeing pictures. here are some threads with ideas on how to post pictures, its a little "not easy"

I've noticed some threads come up about people having problems posting photo's to the site here. I have always found it pretty easy, but I figure I can show others (with pictures;) )how I do it, and maybe we can get some more pics of some kick ass Jeeps here! Generally, this process should work the same way from other 3rd party
    Chuck McTruck 71 J4000
    (Chuck McTruck Build Thread)
    79 Cherokee Chief (SOLD, goodbye old buddy)
    (Cherokee Build Thread)
    11 Nissan Pathfinder Silver Edition 4x4
    09 Mazdaspeed3 Grand Touring
    00 Baby Cherokee

Comment

• miracleed
      232 I6
      • Feb 19, 2019

Welcome!
      '79 Wagoneer Limited

Comment

• backroadin'
        350 Buick
        • Aug 11, 2004

Wow! Hawaii!! Aloha from waaaaay over on the other side in Vermont!
        P.S. want some snow?? We have some......
        1973 Wagoneer, 4.6L Jeep inline 6 stroker, t176/d300, offy dualport w/ quadrajet, pertronix, flowmaster

"Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads." -- Doc Brown

"When this baby reaches 88 miles per hour, you're gonna to see some serious sht!"

Comment

• polarfire
          258 I6
          • Apr 01, 2010

Welcome!
          '78 Cherokee S Levi's 4-Door (SOLD)
          '84 J10 Shortbed
          '83 Cherokee Chief WT (SOLD)
          '82 J10 Sportside Honcho
          '82 CJ-8 Scrambler
          '77 CJ-5 Renegade
          Member, FSJ Prissy Restoration Association

Comment

• Don S
            • Feb 06, 2002

Welcome to IFSJA from Texas! I've never been to Maui but I was born on the southwest slopes of Diamond Head before
            all the hotels were there. I hope you enjoy your Jeep as much as I have for so many years.

Here is a link to some Hawaiian history in pictures my mother took in the 1930s

I can say Merry Christmas in Hawaiian but danged if I can spell it all out...

Have a good one.. Don S..
            Sold our 1976 Wagoneer 406, MC4300, TH400, QT, TruTrac, 2" lift, 31x10.50s, duel Optimas,
            It?s took us over 161 Colorado Mountain Passes, 3 Jeep Jamboree USAs & 2 Ouray Invasions from 1985 to 2010
            ACRONYMS & ABBREVIATIONS HERE

Comment

• lkmarsh
              350 Buick
              • Nov 21, 2008

Welcome from the PRK. You are off to a running start. Fair amount of discussion here lately
              about the AMC 327, feel free to add your experience with the engine.
              Chevy trucks with side saddle tanks had a tank switch that also switched sending unit wires.
              The one I worked on was from the late 70's, early 80's.
              I think these were meant to be used with electric fuel pumps.
              Lyle

Seemed like a good idea at the time...
              69 1414x Wagoneer 350/TH400 DD & Ski Ride
              68 Chevelle wagon 350/BWT50
              68 Impala wagon 327/400
              73 Cougar droptop 351C/FMX Garage Queen
              04 Impala LS - Wife's DD
              73 Wagoneer parts donor

Comment

• ddversatile
                232 I6
                • Oct 08, 2017

Welcome to IFSJA!
                I have a heavy half J-3600 with a 327 aswell, If you have any questions on it ill try and help you out i rebuilt mine this winter and have a shop manual

Tank behind the seat is certainly unique!

My truck has dual tanks and has a manual valve to swap between tanks, no sending unit to second tank
                1968 Jeep Gladiator J-3000 327 Vigilante V8, T-18 transmission, Dana 20 Transfer Case (Twin Stick), Dana 44 full float in the front and semi float 53 in the rear. 4.09 axles
                1972 GMC 1500 basket-case (300$ buy )

Comment

Working...
                X