• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ray Carter
    230 Tornado
    • Aug 10, 2019

New guy, recently bought a '63

I recently bought my first Wagoneer. It's a '63 with a small block Chevy and a TH400. It has stock axles and t/case. It needs some work, but I'm driving it a bit. The axles are under the springs giving it some lift, but I'm going to put them back over to achieve a relatively stock ride height. The plan/dream is a street/trail cruiser. I live in the Pacific Northwest and there are lots of ORV trails. Later, Ray
  • rang-a-stang
    Administrator
    • Oct 31, 2016

Originally posted by Ray Carter
    I recently bought my first Wagoneer. It's a '63 with a small block Chevy and a TH400. It has stock axles and t/case. It needs some work, but I'm driving it a bit. The axles are under the springs giving it some lift, but I'm going to put them back over to achieve a relatively stock ride height. The plan/dream is a street/trail cruiser. I live in the Pacific Northwest and there are lots of ORV trails. Later, Ray
    Indeed (lots of trails in the Gresham area)!! I hit a cool one in my wife's Pathfinder last month up on Mount Hood! Some super cool full size Jeep guys up there, too. Here are some pics from my trip up there:
    Badger lake, Wagoneer Taylor, and Johnsonic meetup
    The pic of the lifted AMC was taken REALLY close to Gresham, in fact it was in Gresham on the corner of NE Kane and SE Stark (we were on our way to your Home Depot).
    There are a TON of FSJ guys in your area. I met up with 2 of them. There seems to be an inordinate amount of FSJs in the Portland area...

Your plan sounds solid!!! it also sounds like you have a great starting point, too. Welcome here! We are glad your are here. Keep it running/driving so you can enjoy it while you work on it. Use the classifieds here for things you need too. It's amazing how many good deals cross this place. Parts can get expensive at places like ebay, Team Grandwagoneer, etc.

Posting pics is rough on this forum but necessary. Here's a couple how-tos
    using Google one drive or Photobucket
    how to use FLICKR
    Chuck McTruck 71 J4000
    (Chuck McTruck Build Thread)
    (8.1L swap questions - PerformanceTrucks.net Forums​)
    79 Cherokee Chief (SOLD, goodbye old buddy)
    (Cherokee Build Thread)
    11 Nissan Pathfinder Silver Edition 4x4
    09 Mazdaspeed3 Grand Touring
    00 Baby Cherokee

Comment

• miracleed
      232 I6
      • Feb 19, 2019

Welcome!
      '79 Wagoneer Limited

Comment

• 78 WIDETRAC
        350 Buick
        • Aug 19, 2003

Welcome Ray
        I'm near Mt tabor in Portland. Maybe I'll see you cruising around. Seems that I'm always going to and from Gresham.

Comment

• UnkleMunky
          350 Buick
          • Oct 17, 2000

Welcome. And congrats on picking up a Wagoneer 63!

Post pics of your rig when you can.
          Michael (UnkleMunky)
          '78 J10: 258, 4 speed(T18), longbed, topper
          '01 Oldsmobile Sihouette
          Some dogs, a few fountain pens...and too many sewing machines...

Comment

Working...
          X