X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SJTD
    304 AMC
    • Apr 26, 2012

For a little perspective they should put up the stats for this season's flu cases whenever they show the -19 numbers.

It aint like the flu doesn't kill a lot of weak and elderly every year.
    Sic friatur crustulum

'84 GW with Nissan SD33T, early Chev NV4500, 300, narrowed Ford reverse 44, narrowed Ford 60, SOA/reversed shackle in fornt, lowered mount/flipped shackle in rear.

Comment

• Ristow
      • Jan 20, 2006

they should test everybody with symptoms and then see what the corona mortality rate is.

of course,they won't cuz it won't be near as scary then,so as to allow a national shutdown (social/government experiment) and massive spending.

massive,massive hype going on here. and thats not to say its a serious situation. it just aint what the mainstream media sez it is.

neither i,nor anyone i know,knows anyone with this virus.
      Originally posted by Hankrod
      Ristows right.................again,

Originally posted by Fasts79Chief
      ... like the little 'you know what's' that you are.

I LOVE how Ristow has stolen my comment about him ... "Quoted" it ... and made himself famous for being an ***hole to people. Hahahahahahahahahha!

It's like you're unraveling a big cable-knit sweater that someone keeps knitting...and knitting...and knitting...and knitting...

Comment

• rang-a-stang
        Administrator
        • Oct 31, 2016

We got report today that a dude in my office has it. It's a non issue for most of us because we have been on mandatory telework for almost 2 weeks anyway. I guess his last time in the building was 13 March so we are almost all good, anyway. He is doing well but tested positive soooo...

My neighbor is a nurse at a skin care center but has been pulled into a county hospital to help out. We are not LA proper, more like the rural outskirts of LA so we are not nearly as populated but we have a very high population of undocumented folks that work in the fields around us. She said she has seen some pretty gnarly cases; not just old/fat/unhealthy people, either. She said it's odd because some people just get super sick from it and others do not.
        Chuck McTruck 71 J4000
        (Chuck McTruck Build Thread)
        (8.1L swap questions - PerformanceTrucks.net Forums​)
        79 Cherokee Chief (SOLD, goodbye old buddy)
        (Cherokee Build Thread)
        11 Nissan Pathfinder Silver Edition 4x4
        09 Mazdaspeed3 Grand Touring
        00 Baby Cherokee

Comment

• babywag
          out of order
          • Jun 08, 2005

7 confirmed cases in my city here....but I would bet $$ several more undiagnosed/untested.

It is everywhere! They are only finding it here by testing folks that require treatment and/or hospitalization or were exposed and tested due to exposure.

It's been spreading around the world for many months...no thanks to China trying to keep a lid on it.
          Tony
          88 GW, 67 J3000, 07 Magnum SRT8

Comment

• Ristow
            • Jan 20, 2006

just remember.....i was practicing social distancing before it was cool.

I LOVE how Ristow has stolen my comment about him ... "Quoted" it ... and made himself famous for being an ***hole to people. Hahahahahahahahahha!

It's like you're unraveling a big cable-knit sweater that someone keeps knitting...and knitting...and knitting...and knitting...

Comment

• asphaltrockdweller
              350 Buick
              • Jul 09, 2009

And I think I can speak for the WHOLE forum...............................

Thank you Mike!
              (Ristow)fram!....that deserves a ratchet upside the head.

Comment

• Ristow
                • Jan 20, 2006

it's my pleasure. no really.

we can't go to the restaurant. i can't get coffee at a truckstop unless they have an employee serving it. just too gol darn dangerous for me to touch that black lever on the coffee tank.....after touching the door handles to get in the building,and the card scanner to pay for it. you know those get cleaned a lot.

news sez it's just to dangerous.

but the news also said its perfectly safe to go give some free blood to the american red cross!!

news also sez don't go get tested unless you have bad syptoms. too dangerous to go to the hospital even! and we ain't got enough tests!

but everyday we little people are HORRIFIED to hear another of our precious,dear and beloved elite got tested and was positive,even tho they had NO symptoms! just didn't feel good...cough cough.... so why did THEY get a test but we little people get told to stay home?

gimme a break....

Comment

• asphaltrockdweller
                  350 Buick
                  • Jul 09, 2009

PREACH IT BROTHER MIKEY!!!!

I am here in Kommiefornia, and the sky has fallen on the covidiots.
                  (Ristow)fram!....that deserves a ratchet upside the head.

Comment

• letank
                    AMC 4 OH! 1
                    • Jun 03, 2002

TP... there is an alternate solution

it may gross some, but in this time of shortage.... as I have said on other forums, when your hands are dirty... paper or water and soap...

Skip the soap for the tush... and use either that shower head attached to an extension... use a bidet like it was common in a lot of countries... bidet is not only for pxssy, it washes the crap away... you can make your own personal wash system with adapter to faucet and 1/4" irrigation hose...

Oh... yes, use the left hand, the right hand is reserved for greeting shakes

Yes, my name is Michel and I approve this message
                    Michel
                    74 wag, 349Kmiles on original ticker/trany, except for the rust. Will it make it to the next get together without a rebuilt? Status: needs a new body.
                    85 Gwag, 229 Kmiles. $250 FSJ test lab since 02, that refuses to give up but still leaks.

Comment

• rang-a-stang
                      Administrator
                      • Oct 31, 2016

Oh my goodness! My flight from LAX to Honolulu today, 787-9 (Dreamliner), American Airlines flight 9250. 9 seats across, about 40 rows deep (200+ seats!!), Brand new airplane. There were about 9 passengers on board including me!!! No joke, I think there were more crew than passengers.

Also, as we landed at Hono, there were Hawaiian Air aircraft lined up and down the runway. Had to be a good 50 of them just sitting there, idle. NUTS!!!
                      Chuck McTruck 71 J4000
                      (Cherokee Build Thread)
                      00 Baby Cherokee

Comment

• Crankyolman
                        350 Buick
                        • Sep 27, 2017

Originally posted by rang-a-stang
                        Oh my goodness! My flight from LAX to Honolulu today, 787-9 (Dreamliner), American Airlines flight 9250. 9 seats across, about 40 rows deep (200+ seats!!), Brand new airplane. There were about 9 passengers on board including me!!! No joke, I think there were more crew than passengers.

Also, as we landed at Hono, there were Hawaiian Air aircraft lined up and down the runway. Had to be a good 50 of them just sitting there, idle. NUTS!!!
                        March 28th was the last Hawaiian airlines flight from Seattle to Honolulu. A couple days before that was the last flight to Maui. These were A330-200s which seat something like 280 people. Several of them in the last days left with zero passengers, just the flight crews. Some say it was because people are required to be in quarantine for 14 days after landing which really wouldn't be that bad if you have a bungalow with a pool and view but it sucks if you are going for vacation and get stuck in a hotel room for 14 days.

Seatac is largely dead. flights have been cut to a minimum and are largely empty and the airlines are hemorrhaging money at a rate that cannot be sustained for very long.

The good news is Delta has resumed a few flights from SEA to Japan and South Korea which tend to pay for themselves in freight, which is probably the reason AA is willing to fly an empty Dreamliner to HNL, it was probably loaded with freight which would offset the lost revenue from the empty seats.
                        '72 J4500

Comment

• rang-a-stang
                          Administrator
                          • Oct 31, 2016

The paperwork we were handed at the airport, after we had our temperature taken, said we are to
                          "...Proceed directly from the airport to your designated quarantine location...
                          Remain in your designated quarantine location for a period of 14 days...
                          You may only leave your designated quarantine location only for medical emergencies or to seek medical care....
                          do not allow any visitors in our out of your designated quarantine location other than a physician, healthcare provider,..."

There was more paperwork at the (government) hotel I am staying at that basically said they are not servicing rooms for the first week after we are here and if we need anything, they will put it outside our door and we can put our trash outside the door.

I can see why NO ONE is coming here right now. Of the 9 people on our flight, 4 were with my team (including me) and 2 were obviously active duty Army. That means 3 were unknown, but very well could have been government travelers, too.
                          Chuck McTruck 71 J4000
                          (Cherokee Build Thread)
                          00 Baby Cherokee

Comment

If the wife wasn’t working, I’d go play at cleaning my cabin and yard for the third freaking time since we bought it. My daughter in law and youngest grandson got stuck in the Philippines on the way back to Canada when their flight was canceled.
                            Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental.

Comment

• babywag
                              out of order
                              • Jun 08, 2005

Originally posted by rang-a-stang

Crossing fingers/toes that your trip will be good/uneventful! Hopefully, everyone on the team and the ship stay virus-free!!
                              Tony
                              88 GW, 67 J3000, 07 Magnum SRT8

Comment

• fulsizjeep
                                Señor Jackhead
                                • Aug 21, 2002

Enjoy the trip and be safe!
                                Flint
                                Ran when parked.
                                http://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac
                                88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s with a few Evil Twin & TT's Fabworks mods
                                76 401 Wag, 77 401 Wag, 77 401 J20
                                http://eviltwinfab.com http://www.ttsfabworks.com

Comment

Working...
                                X