• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • UnkleMunky
    350 Buick
    • Oct 17, 2000

Originally posted by backroadin'
    If you've had to explain for the umpteenth time that "Nope, it's actually an AMC 360 - not a Dodge...."
    HAHAHAHA!!! Almost every drive! >>>>>>repeat...
    Both of those! Can't tell you how many times I was told I had a Ford/Dodge/whatever 360 or other part in my old 77 Cherokee....and that was back in the late 80s/early 90s when some of the people should have known better. Oddly, I think there was actually *more* misunderstanding back then. Now there is just *lack of understanding*

And yes, the love/hate relationship with our rigs is...well, a constant....literally!

Here's a few more:

-You are surprised when another Jeep driver actually DOES do the Jeep wave to you!
    -You have heard a variation of the following more times than you can count: *I didn't know Jeep made pickups*.
    -The only car that gets as much attention/interest from you is an Eagle!
    -You're in a different city/town that you haven't been to before, or in a long time, and you have to drive around....and you mentally make note of where you spot any FSJ...including doubling back to get a better look at certain ones.
    -You have ever had a moment when you're driving along and your head just pivots to the side and there is a FSJ....like a magnetic pull, you were not expecting to see one, but there it is. I have had this happen to me a number of times...and it's eerie, but cool at the same time!
    -You buy a Matchbox just because it's a Grand Wagoneer and it's as close as you're likely to get to your own rig in a tiny diecast.
    -You buy more than one of the above and take some apart and repaint in the color of your rig...or former rig. Did this with a Majorette Cherokee and it still looks great....and still keep it near my desk as a regular smile inducer.
    -You actually laugh at most of the comments in this thread...cause only *we* would understand.

Michael (UnkleMunky)
    '78 J10: 258, 4 speed(T18), longbed, topper
    '01 Oldsmobile Sihouette
    Some dogs, a few fountain pens...and too many sewing machines...

Comment

• KillyMcGee
      232 I6
      • Aug 26, 2019

If you've got a permanent open wound on the back of your head from hitting the hood latch after looking at your engine.
      85 and 86 GWs

Comment

• rang-a-stang
        Administrator
        • Oct 31, 2016

Originally posted by KillyMcGee
        If you've got a permanent open wound on the back of your head from hitting the hood latch after looking at your engine.
        BBWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! SOOOOoooooo True!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
        Chuck McTruck 71 J4000
        (Chuck McTruck Build Thread)
        (8.1L swap questions - PerformanceTrucks.net Forums​)
        79 Cherokee Chief (SOLD, goodbye old buddy)
        (Cherokee Build Thread)
        11 Nissan Pathfinder Silver Edition 4x4
        09 Mazdaspeed3 Grand Touring
        00 Baby Cherokee

Comment

• backroadin'
          350 Buick
          • Aug 11, 2004

Originally posted by KillyMcGee
          A lift kit usually fixes this.......
          1973 Wagoneer, 4.6L Jeep inline 6 stroker, t176/d300, offy dualport w/ quadrajet, pertronix, flowmaster

"Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads." -- Doc Brown

"When this baby reaches 88 miles per hour, you're gonna to see some serious sht!"

Comment

• Rusty76
            258 I6
            • Jul 15, 2018

IF your 8 and 6 yr old constantly point out rusted out, rough POS trucks because it reminds them of the Jeep you are working on.

" Dad look at that truck ( insert POS) , thats cool hey dad!"
            1976 Jeep Wagoneer
            Rebuilt, 360, TH400, QT.
            Still not running. Soon!

Comment

• backroadin'
              350 Buick
              • Aug 11, 2004

Originally posted by UnkleMunky
              -The only car that gets as much attention/interest from you is an Eagle!

-You buy a Matchbox just because it's a Grand Wagoneer and it's as close as you're likely to get to your own rig in a tiny diecast.

I actually have several including the Majorette one!!! Will buy 'em anytime I see 'em!
              And I always wanted an Eagle SX4 as a kid!!!
              1973 Wagoneer, 4.6L Jeep inline 6 stroker, t176/d300, offy dualport w/ quadrajet, pertronix, flowmaster

"Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads." -- Doc Brown

"When this baby reaches 88 miles per hour, you're gonna to see some serious sht!"

Comment

• miracleed
                232 I6
                • Feb 19, 2019

You might be a jeep guy if you've got more BJ's Offroad bumper stickers than you do dollar bills.
                '79 Wagoneer Limited

Comment

• Jetscuh
                  230 Tornado
                  • Aug 19, 2019

Originally posted by rang-a-stang
                  -If you use more kitty litter to soak up fluid puddles in your garage during the week than your cat(s) use for #1 and #2 in a week...
                  -If you have ever thought that you absolutely hate your rig and hope it catches on fire and thought you have THE COOLEST rig in your town during the same exact drive...
                  At this point I've considered buying cat litter in bulk.

Related to your second point:

If you have ever left your garage unlocked and thought that if someone happens to steal your FSJ, well, it's no longer your problem!

When you look at the PO's "wiring job" and think to yourself it would have been better for everyone if this thing started on fire a long time ago.

Comment

• Tanker
                    350 Buick
                    • Jan 04, 2005

The only thing worse then PO wire job. Is a PO paid wiring to a car wiring expert. We had a Wag out front that had close to 500 wiring that was paid to a car wire expert company. 20 plus butt connectors under the wet carpet.
                    Owner of Jakes FSJ Junkyard 91 Jeep Cherokee /2006 3500 Dodge AKA Babe the big blue puller
                    Hire the handicapped, they are fun watch!

Comment

• fulsizjeep
                      Señor Jackhead
                      • Aug 21, 2002

Originally posted by Jetscuh
                      At this point I've considered buying cat litter in bulk.
                      HaHaHa! I buy cat litter 160# at a time, free shipping. It's all for cats though. With 6 cats, I got tired of toting it home in a 20-25# box.

I live on a gravel road with a gravel parking area at the house. Leaks go in the ground. No guilt. Kill the planet one drip at a time.
                      Flint
                      Ran when parked.
                      http://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac
                      88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s with a few Evil Twin & TT's Fabworks mods
                      76 401 Wag, 77 401 Wag, 77 401 J20
                      http://eviltwinfab.com http://www.ttsfabworks.com

Comment

• Bc409
                        232 I6
                        • Sep 21, 2019

The way I see it, petroleum comes outta the ground, so few drips in the dirt is me doing some recycling!

Comment

• rang-a-stang
                          Administrator
                          • Oct 31, 2016

-If you have ever gotten an alert from the local pick-a-part that they got a Wagoneer in stock, excitedly and immediately packed up your tools, took time off work, hurried to the wrecking yard, carried a list of parts you want to buy for you and others, paid your money to get in with dreams of FSJ goodies, only to find an XJ with wood paneling...
                          -If you have "assembled" a "good" set of needle bearings out of 3 or 4 old, trashed U-Joints, just to avoid having to buy a new U-joint, not because you can't afford to get a new one, but to avoid another charge on your card that the better half might notice and get mad about because they said "Stop buying parts for that POS!!!"...
                          -If you have more excuses for why your rig can't make it on an offroad adventure than you have stories of times your have taken your rig offroading...
                          -If you have low oil pressure...
                          Chuck McTruck 71 J4000
                          (Chuck McTruck Build Thread)
                          (8.1L swap questions - PerformanceTrucks.net Forums​)
                          79 Cherokee Chief (SOLD, goodbye old buddy)
                          (Cherokee Build Thread)
                          11 Nissan Pathfinder Silver Edition 4x4
                          09 Mazdaspeed3 Grand Touring
                          00 Baby Cherokee

Comment

• Driftwood
                            350 Buick
                            • Jun 12, 2000

Opening your hood requires two people.
                            1979 Wagoneer

Comment

• Brynjminjones
                              258 I6
                              • Jun 11, 2017

If you have to close the kick panel vents when you use the windshield washers, so your feet don't get wet
                              1991 Grand Wagoneer - Hunter Green. All stock. Rebuilt 360, .030" over with Melling MTA-1 cam.

1998 Cherokee (XJ) 4.0
                              1997 Grand Cherokee (ZJ) 4.0
                              1974 Ford F100 390

Comment

• 7350life
                                232 I6
                                • Jul 05, 2020

This happened to me the other day...

If you find a rusty bolt on your driveway and you either think "Uh-Oh!" or "There you are. I knew we'd meet again."
                                1979 J10, 304 V8, 4-speed manual

Comment

Working...
                                X