Building a Wide Track Wagoneer ... Finally!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JPSwapMohn
    304 AMC
    • May 01, 2004

One day I will wake up and realize that my jeep is complete...one day, I just know it.

88Wag, LT1/4L60E/NP242, F150 fuel cell, discs, J20 axles, Truetrac & Grizzly, 3.73
    http://imgbox.com/g/rNuIasKYrS
    95YJ, STaK 300, D44's, SOA, ARB's, 4.56s, Bilsteins, 35" KM2's
    50 CJ3A
    77 J-10, 360/T-18/D20, SOLD

Comment

• JPSwapMohn
      304 AMC
      • May 01, 2004

OK, can anyone tell me how to do thumbnails or something? I don't think I am going to ty uploading lower quality pictures into my imgbox account.

I do have a few from Page's website that are smaller files..

...dang if they don't show up huge as well..
      One day I will wake up and realize that my jeep is complete...one day, I just know it.

88Wag, LT1/4L60E/NP242, F150 fuel cell, discs, J20 axles, Truetrac & Grizzly, 3.73
      50 CJ3A

Comment

• rang-a-stang
        Administrator
        • Oct 31, 2016

Your dash does really look amazing. I think the black door handless looks super cool too.
        Chuck McTruck 71 J4000
        (Chuck McTruck Build Thread)
        79 Cherokee Chief (SOLD, goodbye old buddy)
        (Cherokee Build Thread)
        11 Nissan Pathfinder Silver Edition 4x4
        09 Mazdaspeed3 Grand Touring
        00 Baby Cherokee

Comment

• SOLSAKS
          304 AMC
          • Jul 25, 2016

man-oh-man,....is this thing going to be awesome.

love the body color,

love the blacked out trim,

and all the custom work,...

.....a one of a kind build.

dave in NC
          SOLSAKS - dave
          1976 J-10 HONCHO Fleetside
          1982 J-10 Fleetside
          1988 grand wagoneer
          2004 RUBICON jeep
          Benson, NC

Comment

• JPSwapMohn
            304 AMC
            • May 01, 2004

not sure if FB links work here, but this is from the shop. I pick it up on Friday!
            I still have some stuff to do to it (ok, a lot of stuff..) but ain’t she purdy?!

https://www.facebook.com/story.php?stor ... 1420245088

50 CJ3A

Comment

• JPSwapMohn
              304 AMC
              • May 01, 2004

Well, she didn’t come home today. A couple of small things that the shop will address before I take it (they pointed them out to me).

First time in the sunlight... she sure is purdy!

50 CJ3A

Comment

• JPSwapMohn
                304 AMC
                • May 01, 2004

Use imgbox to upload, host and share all your images. It's simple, free and blazing fast!

Use imgbox to upload, host and share all your images. It's simple, free and blazing fast!

All the pics so far: http://imgbox.com/g/rNuIasKYrS

Not sure if they are showing up above as they just look like empty boxes on my tablet for some reason.

50 CJ3A

Comment

• rang-a-stang
                  Administrator
                  • Oct 31, 2016

Any updates? The last few pictures are stunning. The work they did to make the rear doors clear the flares is incredible. That color with the black trim is amazing, too. Its going to look stunning with the bumpers and everything back on....
                  Chuck McTruck 71 J4000
                  (Cherokee Build Thread)
                  00 Baby Cherokee

Comment

• JPSwapMohn
                    304 AMC
                    • May 01, 2004

Not too much at present. Jeep it still at Page. There were a couple of small things that needed to be addressed and I opted to leave it with them instead of taking it home and then having to work out when to bring it back to them.

Punch list for when I get it back:
                    1. figure out mounting brackets for the '09 Grand Cherokee seats
                    2. wiring for stereo/navigation unit, seats, lights, etc.
                    3. decide on front/rear bumpers design (SBF most likely)
                    4. install ABS interior panels (as-is until can afford to have interior done)
                    5. decide on wheels and tires
                    6. window tinting
                    7. steering wheel

..and decide what direction to go on the drivetrain.
                    and about 1000 other small things, I am sure.

But I intend to be driving it in in the Spring, regardless of how much of the above list is complete.

Glad you like it. I am excited to get it back.

50 CJ3A

Comment

• bwwhaler
                      258 I6
                      • Apr 17, 2012

If you do get it driving in the spring, please try to make ECI in June, we would love to check it out....
                      87 GW 360 performer intake Holley 670 HEI
                      Razor Grill 4"BJ's springs 32's CS-144 Serehill's light and tailgate harness

Comment

• rang-a-stang
                        Administrator
                        • Oct 31, 2016

Any updates? I am dying to see that thing all finished and cruising!!!
                        Chuck McTruck 71 J4000
                        (Cherokee Build Thread)
                        00 Baby Cherokee

Comment

• JPSwapMohn
                          304 AMC
                          • May 01, 2004

Unfortunately, no.

It went from the shop to my garage, parked (on carpet..my wife thought that was funny) and covered with microfiber blankets and a good car cover. It has been sitting/waiting ever since.

I am working 7hrs away from home, and traveling back/forth to CA about every other week. It has been a pretty hectic 4-5months! Life happens, Jeeps wait..

It has been quietly waiting for me to get back to it. I really wanted to take it to ECI this year, but I am not even going to make it.

I spend a lot of time dreaming about progress...if that counts. I will get ‘er done, just gotta find the time.

50 CJ3A

Comment

• rang-a-stang
                            Administrator
                            • Oct 31, 2016

Copy that. Life happens for sure!
                            Chuck McTruck 71 J4000
                            (Cherokee Build Thread)
                            00 Baby Cherokee

Comment

• JPSwapMohn
                              304 AMC
                              • May 01, 2004

Getting Back At It..

restarting this thread now that I am working on seats and stuff..

I have had a set of 09 GC Overland seats sitting in back of my unfinished GW interior since before all the body and paint was done.
                              I can say that they will fit as far as space is concerned, but brackets are tricky, especially on the passenger side due to the floorboards. I tried to mock some up and failed a couple years ago. But I know folks on here have successfully created brackets that provide a level mounting surface for all kinds of seats. I just couldn't seem to get them exactly right.

I took a chance and ordered a set of Corbeau brackets. They list for 79-87, but the mounting points didn't changed from 87 to 91. Testing the 09 GC seats to the brackets, the mounting sliders on seats are just a little wider. I removed the sliders that came on the brackets and am fabbing steel plates and spacers to bolt the seats to the brackets. The brackets give me a nice flat plane to work with.

I am using a 2" wide steel plate and a few washers for spacers to get the seats on the brackets. Drill some new holes in the bracket surface for the bolts, and should be good. There are a couple of little things that are a little below the plane of the sliders.

What I ordered: https://corbeau.com/jeep-grand-wagoneer ... -brackets/
                              I got a slightly better price and free shipping through Morris4x4

I believe these are the same, but wasn't familiar with Wedge and w/ sliders, they are WAY more expensive, so went with Corbeau:
                              https://wedgebrackets.com/jeep-grand-wa ... ckets.html

Of course, without the sliders, they are a little cheaper and I am not planning to use the manual sliders anyway..
                              Last edited by JPSwapMohn; 03-23-2022, 08:17 PM. Reason: adding title

50 CJ3A

Comment

• JPSwapMohn
                                304 AMC
                                • May 01, 2004

These show the brackets against the seat bottom (original Grand Cherokee base removed)
                                I removed the manual sliders that came on the brackets.

50 CJ3A

Comment

Working...
                                X