X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gladiator_426@yahoo.com
    232 I6
    • Jun 05, 2006

Where do I start looking for info on WinALDL, the usb cable and programing software? I'v got a ECM from a 85 firebird that had a TPI 305, do you think I shuld try to adapt it, or try to find the 747 ECM? I can fab my own harness, and am familiar with all the sensors, locations, and functions of both systems. Wouldent you think the OBDII system is better?
    65 Kaiser wagoneer 2door Panel AMC Vigilante 327, T-98, D-20, closed knuckle, D-44, on BFG M/T 35s MY DD
    79 Cherokee S Desert Camo, project waiting for trans from green
    78 Cherokee S Green, salvage heap, w/ blown 360, stuffd full of lots of extra FSJ parts.

Comment

• budojeepr
      350 Buick
      • Feb 02, 2006

Winaldl: http://winaldl.joby.se/

Check out the Binder Bulletin web site:

Specifically:

Cheers

Originally posted by [email protected]
      Where do I start looking for info on WinALDL, the usb cable and programing software? I'v got a ECM from a 85 firebird that had a TPI 305, do you think I shuld try to adapt it, or try to find the 747 ECM? I can fab my own harness, and am familiar with all the sensors, locations, and functions of both systems. Wouldent you think the OBDII system is better?
      Don't be yourself. Be someone a little nicer. -Mignon McLaughlin, journalist and author (1913-1983)

Comment

You have me thinking. I have spare TB parts in storage.....
        Mark B. Jones

Originally posted by GrandWag&Prix
        Actually, now that I think about it, that could be either awesome or really terrible.

'79 Cherokee Chief "Junaluska"

Comment

• budojeepr
          350 Buick
          • Feb 02, 2006

I don't want to hijack, but I have a full set of salvaged TBI stuff for sale:

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.
          Don't be yourself. Be someone a little nicer. -Mignon McLaughlin, journalist and author (1913-1983)

Comment

• 79cheapjeep
            232 I6
            • Feb 25, 2006

some tips i picked up watching other people convert to tbi.

chevy vans 88-93 are great donors. many use the preferred 7747 computer. the wiring for the tbi is just about equal to the painless wiring tbi harness with the 4 foot added length. stock vans had computer under driver's seat, conversion vans stretched the wires to reach the wall behind driver seat. small conection after computer goes to aldl connection under dash. harness punches through floor and goes to back of engine where it feeds to distributor, transmission, fuel pump, and to throttle body, picks up alternator wiring (csi 140 amp?) and a/c, then to bulkhead connector on firewall. once through firewall you have fuseblock. fuseblock can also be used in conversion.

vans had the 4.3 v-6, 305 v-8 and 350 v-8. throttle bodies are same for each but injectors are different, 305 and 4.3 might be same, 350 injectors are bigger. transmissions were either 4 speed automatic or th400 (easy to see by 1 relay (for overdrive) or 2 relays (th400 has relay for kickdown) hanging on firewall). if you pull from a conversion van there is often a nice accessory fuse block hidden in the wall behind the driver's seat with the computer. early years had speedo cable, later had electronic speedo.

fuel lines have connections you can separate to save you from buying additional fittings. i think some people have tried using a van gas tank for a rear tank conversion in fsj but I am not sure if it worked (this would get you an in-tank pump)

i have been piling up the parts for years but i have not even tried to convert yet.....

Comment

• Wagoneerlover
              350 Buick
              • Jan 18, 2004

Originally posted by BRUTUS
              Good start to the article. Pad much?

Ever thought of posting this on a webpage complete with links and pictures instead of a thread? Just curious is all.

When this is finished it will definately be archive material.
              I considered posting this on a webpage, however, I actually decided to post here for several reasons.

1. I have always had a warm reception on this board and you guys have answered my questions without hesitation no matter how stupid it was or how often it had been asked. Try asking a question on some of the other boards out there and see what happens! Some of them are ok but there are some where they might tear off your head, resort to name-calling or who knows what else. (Not all of them are like this so don't take offense anyone). Secondly, some of the other sites are pay sites, this board has always remained free and I have noticed like a 98 percent comradery level here. Some of the other boards are flame wars galore!

2. If I post it on a website then others can access it. It isnt that I am hiding it but I feel that those who want to access the info should become members of this board. You guys have always treated me well and I feel a certain level of loyalty to this board. Hence it would be a great tech article. I would not mind sharing the article with others out there with AMC engines, maybe the board administrators can start up a sister site, like a cj board or a alternative vehcile amc board (JAvelin etc) Just a thought.

3. If I do put it on a website then I have to design it etc. (I know that there are one sout there that are easily set up etc, however I like to design my own webpages etc so that I can put my own flavor on it.
              Last edited by Wagoneerlover; 05-24-2007, 08:29 AM.
              88 Grand wagoneer AMC 360 all stock
              89 Grand Wagoneer AMC 360 (Deceased)

Upgrades

1. Electric Radiator Fan 10/15/11
              2. Cs-144 Alt 10/1/11

All completed long ago (cannot remember when)
              1. TBI
              2. New fuel tank
              3. AW-4 Transmission
              4. Aluminum condensor
              5. Custom Gauge Panel

Comment

• Wagoneerlover
                350 Buick
                • Jan 18, 2004

Originally posted by Valdez Explorer
                You have me thinking. I have spare TB parts in storage.....

Go for it!!! the more articles and people who attempt this the better! I cannot stress how important it is for others to post articles and information. More importantly, you probably have most of the things you need already and the expense would but drastically cut down.

Upgrades

2. Cs-144 Alt 10/1/11

1. TBI
                2. New fuel tank
                3. AW-4 Transmission
                4. Aluminum condensor
                5. Custom Gauge Panel

Comment

• backpack09
                  327 Rambler
                  • Nov 09, 2005

Don't know if you haven't got to it, or missed it, but an electric fuel pump should be added to the list of parts.
                  Dan G
                  91 GrandWag
                  MSD Mag Dizzy, MSD 6A

Comment

• Wagoneerlover
                    350 Buick
                    • Jan 18, 2004

Originally posted by backpack09
                    Don't know if you haven't got to it, or missed it, but an electric fuel pump should be added to the list of parts.

10-4 no problem I havent gotten to it yet. The whole write up is still a huge work in progress. There are some other parts that I intend to add to the list as well.

Upgrades

2. Cs-144 Alt 10/1/11

1. TBI
                    2. New fuel tank
                    3. AW-4 Transmission
                    4. Aluminum condensor
                    5. Custom Gauge Panel

Comment

• Joe Guilbeau
                      304 AMC
                      • Apr 17, 2002

Good info indeed!

I got an E-Controls and all I need is a starting map of injector pulse width timing. This baby will even on the fly flash download new map settings...
                      Joe Guilbeau<br />1983 Cherokee Laredo WT (SJ-17), 360/229/727/D44/D60 4.10 Gearing, 8-lug hubs, Edelbrock Performer w/EGR Intake, Mallory Unilite Series 47 Photo-Optic Infrared Trigger Vacuum Distributor, Mallory Surge Protector, Mallory Promaster Coil, Holley Pro-Jection TBI 502-Analog, FlowKooler High Output Water Pump, Staggered 4-Core Custom Industrial Radiator, HD Fan Clutch, Dual Electric Fans, CS130 Delco 105-Amp Alternator, Oil Bypass Mods at Rear of Block and Distributor Oiling, Superlift 4\" Suspension, Rancho RS5000\'s, Hi-Tech 31\" Re-Treads, Aero 33 Gal Tank w/Skid Plate, Custom Rear \"Longhorn\" Bumper

Comment

• backpack09
                        327 Rambler
                        • Nov 09, 2005

Come on come on ive got no fingernails left lets git er dun.
                        Dan G
                        91 GrandWag
                        MSD Mag Dizzy, MSD 6A

Comment

• gladiator_426@yahoo.com
                          232 I6
                          • Jun 05, 2006

I'm chompin at my nails also! budojeepr is shipping my setup today, and I will hav time next weekend to start on mine. The ol lady is going outa town the end of this week, and the dinning room tabel is beggin for a new project. Oh by the way backpacker 09 there is already a bit on fuel pumps. I'm lucky my 65 waggy has a sending unit access hole in the bed, and I'v fabd up intank pump setups, to retrofit into FI conversions before. I love hose clampsP.S. wagoneerlover I would like to know more about the wideband o2s system. Is it slvage avail, what is expensiv, is there schematics with specs, so I can build the controler? THX for the awesome and inspiring write up.
                          Last edited by [email protected]; 06-25-2007, 07:17 AM.
                          65 Kaiser wagoneer 2door Panel AMC Vigilante 327, T-98, D-20, closed knuckle, D-44, on BFG M/T 35s MY DD
                          79 Cherokee S Desert Camo, project waiting for trans from green
                          78 Cherokee S Green, salvage heap, w/ blown 360, stuffd full of lots of extra FSJ parts.

Comment

• Wagoneerlover
                            350 Buick
                            • Jan 18, 2004

Originally posted by [email protected]
                            I'm chompin at my nails also! budojeepr is shipping my setup today, and I will hav time next weekend to start on mine. The ol lady is going outa town the end of this week, and the dinning room tabel is beggin for a new project. Oh by the way backpacker 09 there is already a bit on fuel pumps. I'm lucky my 65 waggy has a sending unit access hole in the bed, and I'v fabd up intank pump setups, to retrofit into FI conversions before. I love hose clampsP.S. wagoneerlover I would like to know more about the wideband o2s system. Is it slvage avail, what is expensiv, is there schematics with specs, so I can build the controler? THX for the awesome and inspiring write up.
                            Thanks gladiator!!. I always try to pass on what I have learned to others. I have gained so much help and knowledge from many board members that I just want to keep the forum going and contribute in return.

I dont know of any salvage wideband systems. I don't think any of the newer vehicles are including them in stock form to date (Maybe they are but not that I know of. I have read that they are to be mandated in future vehicles but no word yet.) Actually a few auto makers have supposedly been installing them since 2006 in some select vehicles. (I dont know how things are out there but in this area the 2006 and 2007 vehicles get picked up and taken apart before they even reach the salvage yards, assuming they even make it there in the first place.; Ie your chances of finding a vehicle of that year in a salvage yard is slim to none) I can pass you plenty of links on the wideband systems as I have been eyeing them myself. As you can see (Check the links) The wideband systems have a computer controller, and datalogging software etc. So in essence you have to fine tune it just like you would fine tune the GM chip if you decided to tweak it. (Datalogging etc). I have not heard of anyone building their own controller for a wideband system but its not to say that it cannot be done. Check the links below for info on the systems.

We believe Innovate wideband O2 sensor systems work the best with MegaSquirt, MSPNP, and MS3Pro ECUs. Know your AFR and tune like a pro!

eiptuning.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, eiptuning.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Last edited by Wagoneerlover; 06-25-2007, 11:28 AM.

Upgrades

2. Cs-144 Alt 10/1/11

1. TBI
                            2. New fuel tank
                            3. AW-4 Transmission
                            4. Aluminum condensor
                            5. Custom Gauge Panel

Comment

• backpack09
                              327 Rambler
                              • Nov 09, 2005

In my race car I run a WB from www.wbo2.com their an australian company. It uses a cheap ($30) VW o2 sensor.
                              Dan G
                              91 GrandWag
                              MSD Mag Dizzy, MSD 6A

Comment

Working...
                              X