X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Retro93
    Junk Collector
    • Nov 02, 2001

Yeah... I too have a collection of AMC spun bearings and bad cranks. Looking at that pile of junk sure makes the engine swap decision easier. [img]smile.gif[/img] To remind me of which direction I don't want to go with my mods, I keep a spun 401 rod bearing on my desk.

[ December 11, 2003, 04:15 PM: Message edited by: Retro93 ]
    79 Cherokee Chief WT "RDBLOK" warmed over 360, TH400/QT, 4.10 Truetrac F/Detroit Locker R, 4" Skyjacker Softride System, Rancho 9000 shocks with in cab adjust, Hydroboost brakes, 33" BFG Mud Terrains

Comment

• Originally posted by Banks:
      WOW!I had to let the steam clear off this topic before I threw in my .02. I put the Caddy in my truck 2 years ago and it's been the best "mod" i've ever done.Went thru 3 360's (no 401's)in 15 years, all had spun rod bearings (low/no oil pressure). I have 35/40 psi at idle all the time with the Caddy.If I were to have another AMC V-8 the FIRST thing I would do is the oil mod,PEROID! Anyway, dosn't (AMC) Jeep mean - Just Everybody Else's Parts- .........As a side note, anybody ever come to Atlanta, look me up and I'll be happy to let you test drive my truck.(you MIGHT like it) Marc
      Hi Marc I seen ya sneaking around this post for some time now! Your info on your Swap and your email was helpful in my deciding on the Caddy. Just took me awhile to get all the toys I wanted to go with it!
      Daily Driver 2008 Wrangler Sahara
      Going, Gone, or Thinking Fishing

Comment

• Retro93
        Junk Collector
        • Nov 02, 2001

Originally posted by Crazy_Jeepman:
        </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Banks:
        WOW!I had to let the steam clear off this topic before I threw in my .02. I put the Caddy in my truck 2 years ago and it's been the best "mod" i've ever done.Went thru 3 360's (no 401's)in 15 years, all had spun rod bearings (low/no oil pressure). I have 35/40 psi at idle all the time with the Caddy.If I were to have another AMC V-8 the FIRST thing I would do is the oil mod,PEROID! Anyway, dosn't (AMC) Jeep mean - Just Everybody Else's Parts- .........As a side note, anybody ever come to Atlanta, look me up and I'll be happy to let you test drive my truck.(you MIGHT like it) Marc
        Hi Marc I seen ya sneaking around this post for some time now! Your info on your Swap and your email was helpful in my deciding on the Caddy. Just took me awhile to get all the toys I wanted to go with it! </font>[/QUOTE]Combined with a little "help" from your friends.
        79 Cherokee Chief WT "RDBLOK" warmed over 360, TH400/QT, 4.10 Truetrac F/Detroit Locker R, 4" Skyjacker Softride System, Rancho 9000 shocks with in cab adjust, Hydroboost brakes, 33" BFG Mud Terrains

Comment

• Originally posted by Retro93:
          </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Crazy_Jeepman:
          Hi Marc I seen ya sneaking around this post for some time now! Your info on your Swap and your email was helpful in my deciding on the Caddy. Just took me awhile to get all the toys I wanted to go with it! </font>[/QUOTE]Combined with a little "help" from your friends. </font>[/QUOTE]OH Yea LEST WE FORGET the TROUBLE MAKERS IN ONES LIFE!!!!

Comment

• John V
            327 Rambler
            • Feb 15, 2002

Originally posted by Gwamp:
            Sold that one, gonna sell the next one as well! [/QB]
            If'n it weren't for the drugs you might have it already!
            78 Wag 4.3-Th400-S18, 4\" springs<br /> <br />53 Wagon, Mopar 440, 727, Divorced 205, Dana 60\'s <br />The parts are able but the body is weak!

Comment

• Retro93
              Junk Collector
              • Nov 02, 2001

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Retro93:
              Hi Marc I seen ya sneaking around this post for some time now! Your info on your Swap and your email was helpful in my deciding on the Caddy. Just took me awhile to get all the toys I wanted to go with it! </font>[/QUOTE]Combined with a little "help" from your friends. </font>[/QUOTE]OH Yea LEST WE FORGET the TROUBLE MAKERS IN ONES LIFE!!!! </font>[/QUOTE]Well yeah....it's a tough job...but someone has to do it. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

• Originally posted by Retro93:
                Well yeah....it's a tough job...but someone has to do it. [img]smile.gif[/img]
                Well after I get the Caddy swaps done.......I will still be freinds with you even though you have.........ACK!!! the slimy green thing under the hood of your Cherokee. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ December 11, 2003, 04:23 PM: Message edited by: Crazy_Jeepman ]

Comment

• Sambo
                  AMC 4 OH! 1
                  • Sep 25, 2001

are we at 10 pages yet!!!

[ December 11, 2003, 04:24 PM: Message edited by: Sambo ]
                  77 chero DEAD.
                  84wag,360,tf727,???! possiblities are d300 flipped and a ford d44 hp with coils

Comment

• Elliott
                    Cowboy Up
                    • Jun 22, 2002

Hi Marc I seen ya sneaking around this post for some time now! Your info on your Swap and your email was helpful in my deciding on the Caddy. Just took me awhile to get all the toys I wanted to go with it! </font>[/QUOTE]Yep, best do those mods to keep up with a 401. Don't forget your valve train, hear they get sloppy with rpm.
                    *** I am collecting pics and info on any factory Jeep Dually trucks from the J-Series at the new Jeep Dually Registry.
                    ***I can set you up with hydroboost for your brakes: http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=106056

Comment

• Retro93
                      Junk Collector
                      • Nov 02, 2001

Well after I get the Caddy swaps done.......I will still be freinds with you even though you have.........ACK!!! the slimy green thing under the hood of your Cherokee. [img]tongue.gif[/img] </font>[/QUOTE]I was thining along the lines of a 460 Ford...or 440 Chrysler. All you need to do is sell me on their merits when compared to the TPI 350 Chevy. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

• John V
                        327 Rambler
                        • Feb 15, 2002

Originally posted by Retro93:
                        Well after I get the Caddy swaps done.......I will still be freinds with you even though you have.........ACK!!! the slimy green thing under the hood of your Cherokee. [img]tongue.gif[/img] </font>[/QUOTE]I was thining along the lines of a 460 Ford...or 440 Chrysler. All you need to do is sell me on their merits when compared to the TPI 350 Chevy. [img]smile.gif[/img] </font>[/QUOTE]Go with the 440, add a mpi system and you are done!
                        78 Wag 4.3-Th400-S18, 4\" springs<br /> <br />53 Wagon, Mopar 440, 727, Divorced 205, Dana 60\'s <br />The parts are able but the body is weak!

Comment

• Elliott
                          Cowboy Up
                          • Jun 22, 2002

Here's a big block smoking AMC, read and weep:http://www.turboclub.com/MuscleCars/

*** I am collecting pics and info on any factory Jeep Dually trucks from the J-Series at the new Jeep Dually Registry.
                          ***I can set you up with hydroboost for your brakes: http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=106056

Comment

• Retro93
                            Junk Collector
                            • Nov 02, 2001

Yeah..John..I'm partial to all 3 engines. I've put a ton of miles on all of them...never had a major problem. [img]smile.gif[/img] Now if I could just find a 440/NP435/203...and then a divorced Dodge 205. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ December 11, 2003, 04:35 PM: Message edited by: Retro93 ]

Comment

• Originally posted by Elliott:
                              Hi Marc I seen ya sneaking around this post for some time now! Your info on your Swap and your email was helpful in my deciding on the Caddy. Just took me awhile to get all the toys I wanted to go with it! </font>[/QUOTE]Yep, best do those mods to keep up with a 401. Don't forget your valve train, hear they get sloppy with rpm.</font>[/QUOTE]Who is trying to keep up with the 401? Are you racing a one car race? Hmmmmm Must be it. Oh my after market Rocker Shafts are SWEET!!! My 500 has no weak points now, I took care of them right away. Cost of this engine is no more than it would cost to rebuild any AMC V8. Though I shopped around and made some good deals. Best part of it is..........I will have what I want under the hood....Would that be OK with you Elliot?............LOL Thanks!

Comment

• Elliott
                                Cowboy Up
                                • Jun 22, 2002

It is a 401 thread or did I miss something?

Comment

Working...
                                X