• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Elliott
    Cowboy Up
    • Jun 22, 2002

Originally posted by oldyellowwagoneer
    On the subject of 205's who has the bearing od and id of the input bearings on a big bearing 205 case and on a small bearing 205 case?
    Dennis
    Ford NP203 Input Bearing Dimensions: ****(these are the very same dimensions and part # as the ‘85+ NP 205 input bearing, ref NAPA #BRG210NRJ @ $103.99)

Last edited by Elliott; 09-11-2010, 04:45 PM.
    *** I am collecting pics and info on any factory Jeep Dually trucks from the J-Series at the new Jeep Dually Registry.
    ***I can set you up with hydroboost for your brakes: http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=106056

Comment

• oldyellowwagoneer
      350 Buick
      • Jun 27, 2001

Thanks Elliott, I guess thats the same as the t400? now how bout the small one? Dennis
      ?Don't do anything by half. If you love someone, love them with all your soul. When you go to work, work your *** off. When you hate someone, hate them until it hurts.? Henry Rollins

Comment

• Elliott
        Cowboy Up
        • Jun 22, 2002

Maybe someone else here has a small bearing or small bearing case they can get a meaurement off of, I only have the large case. Are you just trying to figure how much to have the case bored up to fit a large bearing?
        *** I am collecting pics and info on any factory Jeep Dually trucks from the J-Series at the new Jeep Dually Registry.
        ***I can set you up with hydroboost for your brakes: http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=106056

Comment

• oldyellowwagoneer
          350 Buick
          • Jun 27, 2001

Originally posted by Elliott
          Maybe someone else here has a small bearing or small bearing case they can get a meaurement off of, I only have the large case. Are you just trying to figure how much to have the case bored up to fit a large bearing?
          No, I think I can get a bearing that will let you put a big bearing input shaft (like a T-400 or ford) into a small bearing case thereby eliminating the machine work. Dennis
          ?Don't do anything by half. If you love someone, love them with all your soul. When you go to work, work your *** off. When you hate someone, hate them until it hurts.? Henry Rollins

Comment

• 4x4fEvEr
            350 Buick
            • May 25, 2005

you got all the good info elliot.

ive got everything for my drivetrain but the T176 bellhousing have a hard time on that one. i want to get this setup in my rig.
            77 cherokee chief 360/435/205-60/60-42's

Comment

• Elliott
              Cowboy Up
              • Jun 22, 2002

I'd look around or post here in the wanted section for a 176 bell, I got ming for ~$45 but if you are in a hurry you can buy one new from www.4wd.com for ~$200.

Comment

• 4x4fEvEr
                350 Buick
                • May 25, 2005

Originally posted by Elliott
                I'd look around or post here in the wanted section for a 176 bell, I got ming for ~$45 but if you are in a hurry you can buy one new from www.4wd.com for ~$200.

yeah im def not in a 200 dollar hurry, i can wait.

once i get the bellhousing, what clutch do i get? i was reading some stuff from OC and i think scotty about using a clutch meant for a hydraulic slave cylinder with a clutch design for a straight linkage setup being different. mines gonna stay with the linkage so im not real sure what to get. i thought i seen it somewhere people using a clutch out of a mustang.

Comment

• Elliott
                  Cowboy Up
                  • Jun 22, 2002

If you use stock Jeep clutch components all you need is a Ford disc and an adapted input bushing for the crank available at Advance Adaptors. I can't advise you on hydraulic bits, but if you anticipate a lot of frame flex you might want to go that route. I've done just about as much shifting without using a clutch pedal as I have with one so in the rare case my linkage might bind up I'm not going to worry about it personally... but that's just my feeling about it and it might change if my butt was hanging off a cliff

Comment

• 4x4fEvEr
                    350 Buick
                    • May 25, 2005

ok a ford disc from anything v8 or one from say whatever came in front of the np435. i seen the bushin on novak and advance ill be ordering that next

Comment

I believe a disk from an early 80s 5.0L mustang with T-5 should have the disk you want. You're looking for an 11" (10.5" if you can't find an 11") disk with a 10 spline 1 1/8 (I think) input.

aa
                      1983 J-10 - 4.6L(MPFI)/CS130D/Hydroboost/NV3550/D300/44/44/3.54/Disc-Disc/32s/42 gallon 'burb tank

Comment

a chevy disc will work too and is larger than a Ford. I think the Chevy is 11" compared to the 10.5". i could be wrong but I think I'm right.

as for the hydro i could go into detail about it but it takes forever and i'm slightly annoyed with it even though it works. not beause of the set up but because of all the crap I had to go through.
                        Places to Wheel in the Southeast

Originally posted by Topgun2mo
                        I would think boxing would limit the amount the frame could flex over obstacles which I think IMO would be a bad thing. I would think you would want all the articulation possible.
                        Originally posted by johnny019
                        I'm not saying lockers don't improve the performance of your rig, just that they're overrated.

Comment

• Brad W.
                          360 AMC
                          • Jan 09, 2003

chevy half ton is an 11" disc, yes.
                          Brad W.
                          1979 wag "Nightmare"
                          **project shelved indefinetly**

m715 ex-firetruck
                          **project shelved**

2001 Dodge Ram 2500 "Project Juggernaut"
                          24v-CTD/NV-4500/quad-cab/4x4
                          4" straightpipe, rollin on beadlocked 37's.
                          Big as a freight train, as loud as one too.

Comment

• JeepsAndGuns
                            AMC 4 OH! 1
                            • Jul 18, 2003

Is the Jeep T18 input not 1 1/8 10 spline? I swear I remember it being that??
                            79 Cherokee Chief 401/T18/D20, MPFI fuel injection, hydroboost, otherwise stock.
                            Future mods: Caddy 500/NV4500/NP205, HP D60 front D60 smooth botom rear, 5.13 gears, 35x12.50's on H1 beadlock wheels. Warn M12000 winch.
                            93 Wrangler 4.6 stroker/AX15/NP231,SYE,CV, OME 2.5 lift, front hub conversion/big brakes, 31X10.50's Warn M10000 winch.

Comment

• 4x4fEvEr
                              350 Buick
                              • May 25, 2005

called advance and it looks like everything including the throwout bearing , bushing, disk, new pressure plate is gonna run me around 330 bucks but thats centerforce stuff. im hoping i can crossreference centerforce numbers and come up with somebody elses disk. who should i go with?

#384180 on the disk
                              #cf361675 for the AMC pressure plate

Comment

• 4x4fEvEr
                                350 Buick
                                • May 25, 2005

Originally posted by JeepsAndGuns
                                Is the Jeep T18 input not 1 1/8 10 spline? I swear I remember it being that??

i believe it is and the np435 is 1-1/16

Comment

Working...
                                X