X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jeepdriver99
    258 I6
    • Jan 25, 2003

I'm with Earl... I've been to 2 camp Jeeps (the one in PA 2 years ago and in WI last year). I've already made my reservations for this year. The displays are great, there are vendors showing their products (NOT selling them there), roundtables, trail rides every day. I feel it is DEFINATELY worth the money. And like Earl said, it's the price per Jeep... not per person.
    "JD"
    W8BWD

67 M725
    01 Wrangler
    2002 Grand Cherokee
    54 Willys Wagon (work in progress)

Comment

• adamsclarke
      258 I6
      • Jan 24, 2007

Originally posted by JPSwapMohn
      Umm, maybe I can talk my wife into going. I did not realize Oakridge was a hotel. THe website does not mention it (or I skimmed past?)

Wont be able to make the call until it is closer. The price is a bit high for the 2 of us and the GW (or YJ). If the mutts could go and run around it might be worth it..
      Oakridge is a family estate....so no hotel...but there is a small hotel up the road. I know camp jeep typically pays the trail guides for gas and lodging...so chance are...it's full.

The camping is plentiful though...and lynchburg and hotels are about 30 minutes south.

If you are going...pay close attention to the saftey things needed...like tow hooks front and rear etc...they do check. They used to have a tire size limitations years ago...but it is much more lax now (I.e....not 44s and rear steer)

Comment

• jeepcj559
        232 I6
        • Feb 20, 2003

Come on down

My daughter and I are guides this year. and I'm doing it in the M715. Come over and say hello

Its always a blast

jeepcj559

Comment

• H Callaway
          350 Buick
          • Aug 13, 2005

I really want to go and display my Thriftside. Time is running out and I am not sure I can have it ready. I have a Wedding to attend in Lynchburg that Saturday so I don't know what is going to happen. I bet it will be great!
          900 plus pictures not in any order taken during restoration. (Plus a couple of assorted pictures that down loaded.)
          http://s83.photobucket.com/albums/j289/hcallaway/

Comment

• adamsclarke
            258 I6
            • Jan 24, 2007

I'll be there as well the week prior..so look me up. I just need to get the doubler and axles in
            I am making all of the signs/trail guide gear....so if you need any display sign stuff for the thriftside..let me know..I just up the street from you

Comment

• adamsclarke
              258 I6
              • Jan 24, 2007

Jeepcj559...what trail are you leading? I assume no finley ridge with the 715
              I'll make sure and tag along on a ride with you as well so I can introduce myself...just look for any rivercity stuff and you'll see the honcho.

Comment

• FSJ-Earl
                304 AMC
                • May 02, 2003

Originally posted by jeepcj559
                My daughter and I are guides this year. and I'm doing it in the M715. Come over and say hello

Its always a blast

I signed up to be a guide this year as well, I was a guide in PA two years ago. Unfortunatley, I did not get picked this year, I guess I did not know the right people and my experience and trail rig didn't count for anything. Oh well, I am going anyway.
                FSJ-Earl
                2002 F350 Diesel - tow rig / family hauler
                2008 4 door JK Rubicon - Wife's Daily Driver
                1989 GW - the one that started it all
                1983 - J15 - J10 body + J20 running gear = J15 Trail rig

Comment

• FSJ-Earl
                  304 AMC
                  • May 02, 2003

Originally posted by JPSwapMohn
                  Umm, maybe I can talk my wife into going. I did not realize Oakridge was a hotel. THe website does not mention it (or I skimmed past?)

Wont be able to make the call until it is closer. The price is a bit high for the 2 of us and the GW (or YJ). If the mutts could go and run around it might be worth it..
                  The price is per VEHICLE, NOT per person. You can take as many people as you haev seatbelts. My two girls, 7 and 10 run around like nuts and love it! There is SO much to do it is amazing!
                  FSJ-Earl
                  2002 F350 Diesel - tow rig / family hauler
                  2008 4 door JK Rubicon - Wife's Daily Driver
                  1989 GW - the one that started it all
                  1983 - J15 - J10 body + J20 running gear = J15 Trail rig

Comment

• JPSwapMohn
                    304 AMC
                    • May 01, 2004

Originally posted by FSJ-Earl
                    The price is per VEHICLE, NOT per person. You can take as many people as you haev seatbelts. My two girls, 7 and 10 run around like nuts and love it! There is SO much to do it is amazing!
                    Yep, I understaood that, but that are just the 2 of us..no one else to cram into the vehicle except the dogs..

Unfortunately, Uncle Sam has other plans for me now, so I wont be able to make it.
                    One day I will wake up and realize that my jeep is complete...one day, I just know it.

88Wag, LT1/4L60E/NP242, F150 fuel cell, discs, J20 axles, Truetrac & Grizzly, 3.73
                    http://imgbox.com/g/rNuIasKYrS
                    95YJ, STaK 300, D44's, SOA, ARB's, 4.56s, Bilsteins, 35" KM2's
                    50 CJ3A
                    77 J-10, 360/T-18/D20, SOLD

Comment

• adamsclarke
                      258 I6
                      • Jan 24, 2007

I'm not sure if I'll make it now or not. Apparently atlas and stak are both about 6 weeks out on filling orders....so it'll be close for me.

Comment

• jeepdriver99
                        258 I6
                        • Jan 25, 2003

This will be my third year and I wouldn't miss it. In fact, my family is going with 3 out of our 4 Jeeps... my 2 sons are also taking their Jeeps. It's great fun for all of us and a lot to see and learn there.
                        "JD"
                        W8BWD

67 M725
                        01 Wrangler
                        2002 Grand Cherokee
                        54 Willys Wagon (work in progress)

Comment

• Redwood
                          230 Tornado
                          • Apr 28, 2007

My kids and I are going. We've been to all but one of the previous Virginia Camp Jeeps, plus to the one in the Poconos. This will be the first time in the Wagoneer, though. This is absolutely a great deal if you are into the activities and events. The trail rides are good and you get to see a lot of rigs and meet a lot of people. It is always an excuse for me to do some mods - this time new springs and a mild lift. It would be cool to have a FSJ gathering.

Cheers,
                          Redwood
                          Leesburg, VA
                          '91 GW
                          Play Truck and Work Truck
                          BJ's 2" Lift
                          I got it at 80K miles in 2005, currently 130K miles.
                          On fourth radiator, and fourth alternator, and a whole lot more.
                          Leesburg, Virginia

Comment

• jpsterluvr
                            232 I6
                            • Jan 28, 2005

My Fiance and I are going for Saturday only but look forward to seeing some other FJS's
                            1989 TFI, K&N, BJ's 6" lift kit with pro comp shocks and drop pitman arm, Quick disconnect sway bar links, Turbo muffler and high flow cat with new exhaust from the y-pipe back, Rebuilt tranny

Comment

• ncchaos
                              232 I6
                              • Aug 11, 2006

http://s177.photobucket.com/albums/w...t=CJhoodup.jpgI went with my last rig and pidgeon toe'd my CJ on CJ5 hill. I ran with a bunch of guys from Big Dawgs with their crazy Hybrid drivetrains. It's a beautiful place. Take lotsa film.
                              Attached Files
                              89 GW 360/727/208 TFI, SOA/shackle flip, 33x12.50's MTR's

http://s177.photobucket.com/albums/w225/89Chaoswagon/
                              http://s177.photobucket.com/albums/w...eOnKodak-2.flv

Comment

• adamsclarke
                                258 I6
                                • Jan 24, 2007

Originally posted by ncchaos
                                http://s177.photobucket.com/albums/w...t=CJhoodup.jpgI went with my last rig and pidgeon toe'd my CJ on CJ5 hill. I ran with a bunch of guys from Big Dawgs with their crazy Hybrid drivetrains. It's a beautiful place. Take lotsa film.
                                Are you the CJ tat rolled off the side of the ledge? I have been hearing about it for years but was never sure who rolled there???
                                Looks like I will not make it to CJ. My atlas and driveshafts are about 4 weeks from being here...and I have to finish all of the trail guide magnets and signs....so I'll be there...but it'll be for work...not wheeling

Comment

Working...
                                X