• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZackN920
    350 Buick
    • Nov 18, 2015

well, getting back on track here...

I installed a number of patches in the back of the Wag. Used some good "scrap" sheet metal panels that were laying around. Also got some ready to go into the floors in the driver side front.
    1990 Jeep Grand Wagoneer-"Big Jeep"

AMC 360, TF727, NP229, 2.72 gears, 2" lift
    Rancho 44044 springs, Rusty's 2" AAL, TFI w/ MSD C/R
    ...in pieces for more rust repair...

Comment

• Heavy_Metal_Thunder_81
      Cherokee Outlaw
      • Jan 10, 2006

Originally posted by ZackN920
      well, getting back on track here...

I installed a number of patches in the back of the Wag. Used some good "scrap" sheet metal panels that were laying around. Also got some ready to go into the floors in the driver side front.
      Been there done that. I had to piece together my Cherokee's floor from carcasses of old furnaces lol. Being from Illinois originally, I feel your pain.
      -Jonny B.
      1979 Cherokee Golden Eagle - UNDER CONSTRUCTION
      7" Alcan springs, BJ's HD shackles - 35x12.5x15 BFG Mud Terrains
      AMC 401 - Pro-Flo 4 EFI
      NV4500/NWF BB/NP205 - Triple Stick'd
      F D44 - 4.10, Eaton E-Locker
      R M23 - 4.10, Detroit Locker

1979 Cherokee Chief - Parts
      1979 Cherokee Chief - Parts
      1979 Wagoneer - Sold
      1981 Cherokee Chief - Cubed

Comment

• JSJJ388
        232 I6
        • Jun 24, 2017

continued pulling the bad, moldy headliner out. Also found that there is a hole already in the back should I need to change the sending unit. also started trying to roll down the back glass. making headway
        JSJJ388
        EAGLE SCOUT '15
        1986 GRAND WAGONEER - 360 (NAME TBD - PROJECT)
        1994 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE - 4.SLOW (GREEN GREMLIN-TOY)
        1994 DODGE DAKOTA - 3.9L (OL' FAITHFUL - DD)

Comment

• PBG928
          232 I6
          • Jul 29, 2016

Pulled transfer case out of my 89 parts car in order to get a good rebuilt one. Loose chain jumped sprocket and destroyed first case while driving down I-95. PO said it had been rebuilt. (not).
          1990 Jeep Grand Wagoneer
          1989 Jeep Grand Wagoneer(sold)
          1987 Jeep Grand Wagoneer
          1986 Jeep Grand Wagoneer
          1985 Jeep Grand Wagoneer
          1978 Jeep CJ-5 (sold)
          1968 AM General M35 (Sold)
          Palm Beach Gardens, FL

Comment

• PaulD
            232 I6
            • Jul 04, 2017

Replaced bushing on front stabilizer bar. Big surprise - my 89 GW has 150,000 miles on it and it still had the original factory bushings on it. Driver side was toast but passenger side was actually in good condition. I am assuming these rubber bushing were factory because they did not have any side cut in them to remove them. Had to cut them off.
            89 GW - Fun kick-a-round driver
            06 XK Commander Limited - daily driver

Comment

• fsj454
              Long time member
              • Jan 02, 2015

Rocker Panal

Got rocker panel in mail today .Drivers side 39.95 FREE SHIPPING Good deal
              1982 cherokee nt. 454. nv4500 .205. dana 60 f+r. twin stick.hydroboost.hydrolic clutch.rock ram.traction bar.warn 12000 winch.4 wheel disc.flip kit.soa.high steer.cross over steer.4.56 detroit locker.35 spline rear alloy axles. 37s .1990 grand wagoneer aka trusty rusty

Comment

• Amc71601
                350 Buick
                • Dec 26, 2003

I drove mine does that count?

Comment

• ZackN920
                  350 Buick
                  • Nov 18, 2015

Originally posted by Heavy_Metal_Thunder_81
                  Been there done that. I had to piece together my Cherokee's floor from carcasses of old furnaces lol. Being from Illinois originally, I feel your pain.
                  Furnaces! Aww, that's awesome! Were the panels thick enough?! I'm sure the junkyard guy's would be lookin' at me funny if I started dragging some of them things out, to use the sheet metal.

Well (yesterday) I finished the installation of the panels in the back and driver side floor, from the top side. I still need to go over the bottom side.(seal, undercoat)

Today, I took it for an 80 mile long(40 to and back) highway trip and found out my highway mpg. It also flipped to 103K!
                  Well, I gotta say-I'm SHOCKED!!! Doin' 57-60 mph, I got 16.2MPG!!!

I got that engine tuned great!

Comment

• ShagWagon
                    350 Buick
                    • Apr 10, 2016

Calibrated fuel float on an intank fuel pump. What a pain.

Drained tank maybe 7+times to simulate running out.

Pulled fuel pump and sending assembly in and out of tank to bend float arm maybe 10++times. I started bending the wrong way so it took me a few more times because I had my engineering backwards in the head.

E light now turns on with a little more than 2.5 gallons left, and reads just around 1/3 tank with about 6.5 gallons left.

Good for me!

I'm still going to fill my 5 gallon can and bring it with me till I run a full tank through it at least though.....
                    87 GW- Fitech EFI,Fitech FCC,Skyjacker Hydro 4" lift,BFG AT KO2 30",Dynamax muffler,MSD distributor,MSD 6al box,Blaster2 coil,ACCEL 8mm,.045 gap,Edlebrock perf 4bbl intake,Elgin perf cam,HD alum radiator,Powermaster 150alt,Alum HD H2O pump,Serhills tailgate harness,Cowl screen mod,Evil Twin grab handles,Rstep's custom AMC lock knobs

Comment

• j10jim
                      327 Rambler
                      • Jan 11, 2003

Installed drivers seat, installed new panels that close off the opening in the bottom of the B pillar, mounted steering wheel. Lots more to do....
                      1980 J-10<br />Rusty\'s 4 inch lift<br />2 inch body lift,<br />35 in Xterrains on J20 axles<br />4:30 gears<br />Detroits<br />In-Cab cage thru the dash

Comment

• mwood65
                        258 I6
                        • Jul 17, 2017

Car underwash

Went to the car wash and crawled under my 1974 Cherokee with the wand and power sprayed the transfer case, transmission & differentials off so they will be easier/cleaner to pull.

The Dana 20 and the T-18 are getting fresh rebuilds here soon.....

Comment

• fsj454
                          Long time member
                          • Jan 02, 2015

volt gauge

I watched my volt gauge go crazy 8 to 18 .The thing inside the alternator must be letting go.It does it when I put ac on.All factory rig no mods 1990
                          1982 cherokee nt. 454. nv4500 .205. dana 60 f+r. twin stick.hydroboost.hydrolic clutch.rock ram.traction bar.warn 12000 winch.4 wheel disc.flip kit.soa.high steer.cross over steer.4.56 detroit locker.35 spline rear alloy axles. 37s .1990 grand wagoneer aka trusty rusty

Comment

• PBG928
                            232 I6
                            • Jul 29, 2016

Painted bumper trim with SEM trim black, replaced bolts, sand blasted hardware, polished bumpers with "woodys wax" great for anodized aluminum,put noico foam on roof, big difference with heat and painted tan trim as well.
                            1990 Jeep Grand Wagoneer
                            1989 Jeep Grand Wagoneer(sold)
                            1987 Jeep Grand Wagoneer
                            1986 Jeep Grand Wagoneer
                            1985 Jeep Grand Wagoneer
                            1978 Jeep CJ-5 (sold)
                            1968 AM General M35 (Sold)
                            Palm Beach Gardens, FL

Comment

• mattmopar440
                              AMC 4 OH! 1
                              • May 17, 2007

Originally posted by ZackN920
                              Furnaces! Aww, that's awesome! Were the panels thick enough?! I'm sure the junkyard guy's would be lookin' at me funny if I started dragging some of them things out, to use the sheet metal.

Lol I picked a few old ones for Jon that had some thick metal when we where poor Teenagers one was a Old Janitrol and the other might have been a Carrier
                              87' Grand Wagoneer
                              401/727/229, Currently:RUNNING
                              84 J10/20 hybrid 258/727/208 Daily Driver
                              80' J10 4BT/AX-15/208
                              74' J10 Go Grabber Green Sold
                              Originally posted by Heavy_Metal_Thunder_81
                              Inferior Chevy

Comment

• ZackN920
                                350 Buick
                                • Nov 18, 2015

lol^

This past weekend, I got new "custom" floor patch panels installed in the drivers front. Later sealed it up-from the top side.
                                I also cleaned up my carpet strip(trim strip that also goes over rubber seal) from the drivers front, and all of the rear cargo strips on the wirewheel.

Yesterday before work I reinstalled the cargo strips, and some other misc. I cant remember now...

Today, I reinstalled the driver's front trim/carpet strip. I also doctored up and reinstalled the rear inner quarter panels(carpet/cardboard panels over the speakers).
                                I sealed up the bottom side of the repairs (to the floor) I made in the back. I also went over the spare tire bracket with the wire wheel. Painted with rust reformer and mounted my spare tire underneath. That job was a b***h! I got a trailer hitch in the way, so I had to really fudge around to get things situated.
                                I got it though, only took an hour...and a 3 ton floor jack...

Comment

Working...
                                X