78 Wagoneer, Building a driver! New Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Full Size Jeeper
    304 AMC
    • Jul 20, 2014

Used this set up to keep the carpet from moving around while gluing.
    1978 Wagoneer

401/turbo 400 trans. Quadra-Trac BW1339 (with Low) 4" Rusty's lift with 31" Summit Mud Dawgs

Mods:
    Fuel Tank, Red Holley Fuel Pump, Razor Grill (profile pic out dated), Rebuilt steering box

Comment

• Full Size Jeeper
      304 AMC
      • Jul 20, 2014

1978 Wagoneer

401/turbo 400 trans. Quadra-Trac BW1339 (with Low) 4" Rusty's lift with 31" Summit Mud Dawgs

Mods:
      Fuel Tank, Red Holley Fuel Pump, Razor Grill (profile pic out dated), Rebuilt steering box

Comment

• Full Size Jeeper
        304 AMC
        • Jul 20, 2014

1978 Wagoneer

Mods:

Comment

• Full Size Jeeper
          304 AMC
          • Jul 20, 2014

Done.
          1978 Wagoneer

Mods:

Comment

• Full Size Jeeper
            304 AMC
            • Jul 20, 2014

1978 Wagoneer

Mods:

Comment

• SJTD
              304 AMC
              • Apr 26, 2012

where did you have to trim it and how much?

I like the black door hardware. I painted mine silver but yours looks much better.
              Sic friatur crustulum

'84 GW with Nissan SD33T, early Chev NV4500, 300, narrowed Ford reverse 44, narrowed Ford 60, SOA/reversed shackle in fornt, lowered mount/flipped shackle in rear.

Comment

• Full Size Jeeper
                304 AMC
                • Jul 20, 2014

where did you have to trim it and how much?
                The new carpets length and width was smaller than the original piece of carpet, and since I made a copy of the original tailgate card it was to big. What I did was laid the carpet over the door card and just traced the true carpet size onto the card and that did the trick. It could have just been a rookie that sewed mine up. Yours might fit just fine. It's late, I hope I answered your question.
                1978 Wagoneer

Mods:

Comment

• SOLSAKS
                  304 AMC
                  • Jul 25, 2016

really nice work !

I know it is fun having Jake help you.

I really like that jig you made
                  to hold carpet in place while glueing.

dave in NC
                  SOLSAKS - dave
                  1976 J-10 HONCHO Fleetside
                  1982 J-10 Fleetside
                  1988 grand wagoneer
                  2004 RUBICON jeep
                  Benson, NC

Comment

• Full Size Jeeper
                    304 AMC
                    • Jul 20, 2014

Found a low profile speaker cover for the hole in my dash. Started drilling some holes and broke a drill bit and put another crack in the pad. Oh well, nothing I can do about it. Just keep moving forward.
                    1978 Wagoneer

Mods:

Comment

• Full Size Jeeper
                      304 AMC
                      • Jul 20, 2014

Looks great from this side.
                      1978 Wagoneer

Mods:

Comment

• Full Size Jeeper
                        304 AMC
                        • Jul 20, 2014

Like a bull in a China shop.
                        1978 Wagoneer

Mods:

Comment

• Full Size Jeeper
                          304 AMC
                          • Jul 20, 2014

Hard to see from this angle.
                          1978 Wagoneer

Mods:

Comment

• Full Size Jeeper
                            304 AMC
                            • Jul 20, 2014

Also made a little bracket for the tailgate relays I mounted under the Wagoneer.
                            1978 Wagoneer

Mods:

Comment

• Full Size Jeeper
                              304 AMC
                              • Jul 20, 2014

Once I put my spare in,you won't be able to see it.
                              1978 Wagoneer

Mods:

Comment

• Full Size Jeeper
                                304 AMC
                                • Jul 20, 2014

I'am going to try and install the trailer hitch tomorrow. I cleaned all the hardware and painted it tonight.
                                1978 Wagoneer

Mods:

Comment

Working...
                                X