X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Full Size Jeeper
    304 AMC
    • Jul 20, 2014

Okay, got the new door VIN sticker in today and it took just over six weeks. The layout is correct to the original, but the original looked like the specs were manually typed in. The copy looks like it was done on a computer. So if you needed one to look original, this might not work, but for me it is perfect and would buy again.
    1978 Wagoneer

401/turbo 400 trans. Quadra-Trac BW1339 (with Low) 4" Rusty's lift with 31" Summit Mud Dawgs

Mods:
    Fuel Tank, Red Holley Fuel Pump, Razor Grill (profile pic out dated), Rebuilt steering box

Comment

• Full Size Jeeper
      304 AMC
      • Jul 20, 2014

Original.
      1978 Wagoneer

401/turbo 400 trans. Quadra-Trac BW1339 (with Low) 4" Rusty's lift with 31" Summit Mud Dawgs

Mods:
      Fuel Tank, Red Holley Fuel Pump, Razor Grill (profile pic out dated), Rebuilt steering box

Comment

• Full Size Jeeper
        304 AMC
        • Jul 20, 2014

Was thinking if one wanted to, you could cut off the white edge and round the corners and that would help a little. I will slap mine on as is!!!!!!
        1978 Wagoneer

Mods:

Comment

• asphaltrockdweller
          350 Buick
          • Jul 09, 2009

Yeah your right.
          The main thing I see is the font's are all wrong on it, (well besides the parts that are typed in).

It just seams like a long lead time to wait on this, as well as the mistakes in it.
          The part where it says "Motor vehicle safe-
          ty standards in effect"
          is really off.

Thank you for posting this Fullsizejeeper.
          (Ristow)fram!....that deserves a ratchet upside the head.

Comment

• babywag
            out of order
            • Jun 08, 2005

I was pretty disappointed in the label I got...NOT even close to looking right.

I mentioned this earlier in thread...

Originally posted by babywag
            bearcreek is mediocre quality and won’t be very close match.
            Tony
            88 GW, 67 J3000, 07 Magnum SRT8

Comment

• Full Size Jeeper
              304 AMC
              • Jul 20, 2014

Hey Babywag, did you ever find another source that was closer to the original? I'am going with what I have, but others might want something that looks factory and would be nice to have another option in this thread. Thanks in advance.
              1978 Wagoneer

Mods:

Comment

• babywag
                out of order
                • Jun 08, 2005

Originally posted by Full Size Jeeper
                Hey Babywag, did you ever find another source that was closer to the original? I'am going with what I have, but others might want something that looks factory and would be nice to have another option in this thread. Thanks in advance.
                I didn't try...figured I'd just roll with it. Nobody ever looks @ them really.
                I'd imagine could find someone who's good with photoshop to redo one.
                Then just send the file to a printer and have one made.
                Tony
                88 GW, 67 J3000, 07 Magnum SRT8

Comment

• Crist Clapper
                  I'm being stalked by Steve... Save me!
                  • Apr 28, 2008

Originally posted by babywag
                  You could try rolling your own as well, and having it printed.
                  IIRC CristClapper went that route with his restoration?
                  FYI: I actually created mine from scratch.
                  1990 Grand Wagoneer:
                  Delilah - def: "White Lady (cocktail) with the additional ingredients of egg-whites, sugar, and cream"

1987 XJ Wagoneer Limited:
                  Desiree - def: ?Much Desired? [orig: French] ? Desirable Charcoal Gray façade, Wood-grain vêneers,and Tan Leather éssentials"

Member, FSJ Prissy Restoration Association (FJS-PRIS)

Comment

Working...
                  X