• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fsjparts
    232 I6
    • May 31, 2010

Originally posted by AKjeeper
    well Great Googley MoogleyGreat Googley MoogleyGreat Googley MoogleyGreat Googley Moogley it..............I think now Ill just go with my welded rear and leave the front alone untill I save for a selectable. I dont want to be out in the middle of nowhere and have something break on me like a rag joint, a tie rod, steering box etc etc, I guess I should consider that more than my U-joints will be under way more stress.

Good decision .....I ended up trading the blazer i got so tired of front end problems......but did trade it for a j4000 at least

Comment

• AKjeeper
      232 I6
      • Feb 03, 2012

Originally posted by fsjparts
      Good decision .....I ended up trading the blazer i got so tired of front end problems......but did trade it for a j4000 at least
      Dang, I hate getting old and "reasonable". Oh the days of going against everything logical and doing it anyway...........................
      86 Waggy, Rear home brew shackle flip, front add-a-leaf and Chevy shackles, fender trim, WARN M8000, Lincoln locked rear, 15x10 rims and 33x12.50 Muds, 3.54 cogs

Comment

• Riby
        232 I6
        • Jan 21, 2010

Fozzy locker

Not to go against peoples opinions, but I've been running a welded front end for almost 2 years. Yes, the steerings a little tight sometimes, but if you have a quality power steering pump and gearbox, you shouldn't have problems with either. I love knowing that I have true 4wd when i shift into low. I'm running what some people call fozzy lockers. Its welded spider gears, but don differently. Google it and you'll see what i did. I've got 5.13s, 35" KM2s, and have no problem using the throttle when needed. I've only grenaded one stock shaft so far.
        Just my $.02
        '78 J10 LWB, 258/T? 3 spd/D20, D44's 5.13 R&P, welded rear, fozzy locker front, SOA frt., inboarded XJ rears, w.b. shortened to 115"

Comment

Working...
        X