View Single Post
Old 09-18-2018, 08:22 PM
350 Buick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crankyolman
Thanks

The last time I looked at fuel pumps on Fitech's site all I could find were pumps that required cutting huge holes in the fuel tank. I just looked again and found this https://fitechefi.com/products/40102/ which looks like it will probably work just fine. is there anything I need to know about regulating it? My understanding is the throttle body has a connection that does that but they also sell an external regulator which has me a bit confused.

I also noticed they have come out with a new version of the fuel command center ("command center 2" ) that now returns fuel back to the tank to try to prevent the overheating problems they had with the first version.

Returning back to my tank isn't a problem because the original sending unit did not have a vent line, the tank itself has one but when I replaced the sending unit the new one sending unit had a vent connection. I am curious though, a lot pf people say they replace the vent with a new pickup where the pump attaches and use the old pickup as the return but what do they do about venting the tank? Is venting no longer required?

I can't answer that vent question I have an 87 might be quite different.

But I would stay away from any FCC. It's a submerged fuel pump inside a 3/4 gallon coffee can. In tank is a submerged fuel pump in a 18 gallon coffee can.
Which would stay cooler? When it idles it's barely cycling out the heat from the fuel pump.... I seriously went the rounds with one for 6 months or so till I figured it out.

My fitech 600 has a regulator at the throttle body at 58psi. I don't know what the new 2bbl one needs. You'll have to look that up and get a pump higher that its regulator.
87 GW- Fitech EFI,Fitech FCC,Skyjacker Hydro 4" lift,BFG AT KO2 30",Dynamax muffler,MSD distributor,MSD 6al box,Blaster2 coil,ACCEL 8mm,.045 gap,Edlebrock perf 4bbl intake,Elgin perf cam,HD alum radiator,Powermaster 150alt,Alum HD H2O pump,Serhills tailgate harness,Cowl screen mod,Evil Twin grab handles,Rstep's custom AMC lock knobs