• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GrendelGrey
    232 I6
    • Sep 04, 2012

Another bad review of Team Grandwagoneer

Ordered a hood cable assembly and a new air cleaner assembly from them. A week or so later, after parts from other vendors had arrived, I called them because the order was still listed on their site as "pending." Girl on the phone put me on hold for a long timee and then told me she'd have to check the warehouse for some reason but would call me back.

Never heard back from them.

Just called again today--12 days after placing my order, with it still listed as "pending" on their site--girl answers and immediately puts me on hold for five minutes or so. Then she comes back on and drills me for my information. When we get to my name she says "Oh yeah I've been trying to call you" (I have no missed calls) "we don't have the air cleaner assembly you ordered so you'll have to order that directly from the vendor."

That's some real shoddy service. I went ahead and cancelled my order. Will just go through BJs and Amazon whenever possible.
    1986 Grand Wagoneer - Mostly Stock - Well-used
  • cma
    350 Buick
    • Jan 26, 2012

Our job with the Jeeps is strong enough, we do not need such supliers, sometimes we must wehen there is no other, but if we can choose, we always should take the supplier with best votings and support.

by the way: i have done last week my first purchase at rockauto, and was more than happy, which service they give the customer! the tracking for the shipping is one of the best i ever saw (FedEx), they have one overjoyed customer more!

Originally posted by GrendelGrey
    Ordered a hood cable assembly and a new air cleaner assembly from them. A week or so later, after parts from other vendors had arrived, I called them because the order was still listed on their site as "pending." Girl on the phone put me on hold for a long timee and then told me she'd have to check the warehouse for some reason but would call me back.

Just called again today--12 days after placing my order, with it still listed as "pending" on their site--girl answers and immediately puts me on hold for five minutes or so. Then she comes back on and drills me for my information. When we get to my name she says "Oh yeah I've been trying to call you" (I have no missed calls) "we don't have the air cleaner assembly you ordered so you'll have to order that directly from the vendor."

That's some real shoddy service. I went ahead and cancelled my order. Will just go through BJs and Amazon whenever possible.
    Markus!

Member, FSJ Prissy Restoration Association

Note: Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face. - Mike Tyson

Cherokee Chief Laredo, 360 cui, selec trac, black, 12/1982

Picture story:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1019823...eat=directlink

Comment

• SD_RED
      232 I6
      • Sep 03, 2011

Originally posted by cma
      by the way: i have done last week my first purchase at rockauto, and was more than happy, which service they give the customer! the tracking for the shipping is one of the best i ever saw (FedEx), they have one overjoyed customer more!
      I have always had good experiences with RockAuto in the past few years. Reasonable prices, good customer service, and I've never ordered something from them that was listed as in-stock and then received an email that it would be on back order for at least two months after they already charged my credit card. -Unlike TeamGrandWagoneer.
      '81 Wagoneer Limited. -Just getting started.

Comment

• Greenfire
        350 Buick
        • Nov 13, 2004

Originally posted by GrendelGrey

Maybe she had your phone number wrong... it happpens. With any of these specialty vendors, bjs, etc... it pays to ask if the items are in stock before ordering.
        1984 J10

Comment

• jeepfan93
          304 AMC
          • Feb 07, 2006

Absolutely ask before ordering. I've had the same thing happen at both BJ's and TGW. TGW is a bit bigger and has more manpower than BJ's but mistakes will always happen. Lesson learned, just call and ask first. A 5 minute call avoids 2 weeks of aggravation.
          Jeeps are Jeeps, keep Jeepin
          >It's not about the ten hour drive to get the rust bucket jeep, it's about where your your going when it's done
          87GW 99 Durango 5.2 drivetrain, SOA 35in Falken Wildpeak. MT rims
          1997 Ram 1500 5.2 33in Falken Rocky Mounts for haulin

Comment

• GrendelGrey
            232 I6
            • Sep 04, 2012

An update:

Since I didn't call before ordering, I thought I should give TGW another chance and I made a new order. I'm happy to say this second order shipped almost immediately and was at my door about 5 days after the order. Can't really ask for better than that!
            1986 Grand Wagoneer - Mostly Stock - Well-used

Comment

• cma
              350 Buick
              • Jan 26, 2012

do they have a minimum order value?
              Markus!

Member, FSJ Prissy Restoration Association

Note: Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face. - Mike Tyson

Cherokee Chief Laredo, 360 cui, selec trac, black, 12/1982

Picture story:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1019823...eat=directlink

Comment

• ffrayer
                232 I6
                • Mar 08, 2014

They have gone through some growing pains and their service has gotten way better. It's good to have them as compeiition to the other "vendor " who monitors this forum. I have talked to them about price matching also and it has gotten positive reviews. We have done close to 5k with them in the past 3 months and so far so good. We had one issue with a window flex strip but they apologized and sent a replacement.
                We are in the process of restoring 3 of our trucks and am very thankful for their help.

Comment

• Tigger4X
                  AMC 4 OH! 1
                  • Nov 16, 2001

GLAD IT WORKED OUT FOR YOU GRENDEL!! =)

Bashes one, dotes on another. Same kind of situation, just personal outcome?

A little on the nose or ring around the collar. Me thinks it doth be in the depth perception.

Haven't bought anything from TGW myself. Prices have been better elsewhere thus far; not ruling them out though.
                  Originally posted by will e
                  Keep in mind. Getting old is easy. Being old is hard.
                  Post #14 ~ http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showt...=1#post1580206

Comment

• jdempsey
                    232 I6
                    • Mar 05, 2014

FWIW

I've ordered about three times from them in the past few months, and have always gotten everything I ordered shipped out quickly and arrived on time.

Typically you can find the same thing at a slightly better price elsewhere, but the hard thing is finding it all in one location, to avoid paying shipping charges at three different places.

So, FWIW, my experience has been great with them.

Comment

I think they changed employees since the OP and got one that actually gets the job done instead of playing solitaire all day long, expecting a fat paycheck.
                      Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental.

Comment

Working...
                      X