• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jsinajeep
    304 AMC
    • Nov 26, 2005

Originally posted by Gambler68

Doing little crap on the truck while I wait for the last 13 lugs and nuts I need in the world to be delivered..mounted the fuel pump switch and another accessory switch in the radio holes. That's an old chrome inner bezel from the original radio, going to make a plate that mounts on the inside, and put a small media player in there hooked up to a small amp tucked up in the dash. Likely will make some sort of flip plate to hide the player since it'll clash with the later 60s theme I have going with the truck. Dig the 1776-1976 quarter I used on the left for the switch base..other side is an 81..don't see too many 1968 quarters any more..yeah I was bored enough to commit a felony by defacing US currency :P
    The left switch flips up for the Holley red top, and down for a spotlight mounted under the bed..afterthought realized I couldn't use the light without killing the pump, but it's unlikely I'd want to be under it with the beast running anyways. I'm going to tuck two little LEDS in the tube rolls on the willys bed for rear facing lights anyways.

My dad use to do that with coins. We would go the the hardware or dealership to get something like a washer and they would want like 10 cent or so and he would laugh and say that he would go home and drill out a penny or dime or something.
    http://s252.photobucket.com/albums/h...eep%20Trailer/

Comment

• Gambler68
      Rabble Rouser
      • Feb 29, 2004

Originally posted by jsinajeep
      My dad use to do that with coins. We would go the the hardware or dealership to get something like a washer and they would want like 10 cent or so and he would laugh and say that he would go home and drill out a penny or dime or something.
      I must be channeling my inner Yankee! (no offense intended, I am a Yankee) We all came from the frugal east at some point.
      1979 Chero S "Sundog" 1979 Chero S "Hammer"
      1968 327 J3000 1978 J10SWB
      The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
      Hunter S. Thompson .

Comment

• glady8r
        Banned
        • Dec 31, 2007

do the coins bring the value up I may add some to mine

Comment

• Gambler68
          Rabble Rouser
          • Feb 29, 2004

Well it's worth 50 cents at least :P

Got the hood done, holes flared, and sanded down the surface rust and sprayed a coat of clear rust converter. Tomorrow it gets primer then a coat of Gloss Almond Rustoleum rolled on this week
          The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
          Hunter S. Thompson .

Comment

• Gambler68
            Rabble Rouser
            • Feb 29, 2004

reverse order..oh well. It came out good..had to freehand the vent holes with a die grinder bit in my big drill...that was fun. The 'wet' phase is actually a rust converter spray...I LOVE the stuff. None of those spots are raised or sunken. Got a coat of trusty Rusty Gloss Almond on it, will wet sand and likely roll on a real coat later.
            Hunter S. Thompson .

Comment

• fulsizjeep
              Señor Jackhead
              • Aug 21, 2002

warm enough to paint huh? awesome!
              Flint
              Ran when parked.
              http://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac
              88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s with a few Evil Twin & TT's Fabworks mods
              76 401 Wag, 77 401 Wag, 77 401 J20
              http://eviltwinfab.com http://www.ttsfabworks.com

Comment

• Gambler68
                Rabble Rouser
                • Feb 29, 2004

Originally posted by fulsizjeep
                warm enough to paint huh? awesome!
                high 60s
                Hunter S. Thompson .

Comment

• 44BZ
                  304 AMC
                  • Dec 10, 2009

Your hood is lookin way cool I thought about adding some vents such as you did or maybe louvers. I think it's GenRight that makes them for Wranglers, but could easily be adapted and I liked the look. My only concern was about water running into the engine compartment. Oregon has a lot more rain, but any thoughts on that?
                  Zack - 68 J2000, AMC 327, 4bbl intake, dual exhaust, Pertronix upgrade, Holley 600cfm, T18, dana 20 (twin sticked), 3" body lift w/ 35x12.50 MTRs ~ running AND driving!

Comment

• Gambler68
                    Rabble Rouser
                    • Feb 29, 2004

Not really..it doesn't rain that often here. I am putting mesh behind the holes. My cherokee has a full line of holes on either side and I've noticed zero effects after 2 years with no mesh and year round operation. I flare them out so the actual open area isn't flat open to falling rain. They really blow air too, it's cool to start the cherokee up with a foot of powder snow on it and see it whoosh off the hood
                    Hunter S. Thompson .

Comment

• Fiodh. Argus
                      350 Buick
                      • Jan 01, 2005

Looks like you're having way too much fun! This is coming along well!

I've been to Ignacio once, neat area, visited some friends in Bayfield and toured around a bit, went wheelin' in the San Juans. Great stuff.
                      Drew
                      77 Cherokee WT

Comment

• Lookin' pretty spiffy Ryan!
                        Krista - High Priestess of Our Lady of Eternal Combustion
                        77 401 Wag "Phoebe" ~ 77 401 J20 "Artemis" ~ 76 401 SOA Wag "Luna"
                        The worst thing about rolling my jeep.....is trying to lick the paper...

Comment

• drlocke
                          Roadside Mechanic
                          • Dec 29, 2003

Originally posted by Gambler68
                          I must be channeling my inner Yankee! (no offense intended, I am a Yankee) We all came from the frugal east at some point.
                          Well at least we know how best to spend our money.

Comment

• Gambler68
                            Rabble Rouser
                            • Feb 29, 2004

Originally posted by Fiodh. Argus
                            Looks like you're having way too much fun! This is coming along well!

I've been to Ignacio once, neat area, visited some friends in Bayfield and toured around a bit, went wheelin' in the San Juans. Great stuff.
                            Come on back iffin ya eva wanna try again!

Besides Ouray and Moab being 3hrs away, we have EXCELLENT wheeling right here. We just don't tell anyone about it
                            Hunter S. Thompson .

Comment

• Gambler68
                              Rabble Rouser
                              • Feb 29, 2004

hub socket arrived today, so wheels will be back on the rear next week, and will tackle installing the .250 wall tie rod and draglink kit that's sitting on my porch I expect to fire this thing up within a month.
                              Hunter S. Thompson .

Comment

• Gambler68
                                Rabble Rouser
                                • Feb 29, 2004

Got the read D60 disc brake install just about wrapped up. Got a hood on and made it latchable :P (had to cut a hole in the center top for the rhino style latch setup). Doesn't line up well because there's no inner fender on the drivers side yet (still have some stuff to do in there and need easy access to the engine). I think it's looking pretty mean. Got a ton of stuff to still do but knocking it out day by day.

Hunter S. Thompson .

Comment

Working...
                                X