• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RustyJeep
    304 AMC
    • Apr 09, 2000

What ever happened to the Great Lakes getogether @Silver

There used to be a topic on here for a proposed getogether at Silver Lake. I can't find it on here. I was just wondering if this was still on or not, and if it is, this is a reminder to those who want to go. What was the proposed weekend??
    -Rustyjeep-
    aka Ben Mitchell
    '73 J4000 3/4 ton -nothing stock-
  • ClarkGriswald
    350 Buick
    • Jul 03, 2000

Sure ya werent thinkin of the ones from last summer? hehhehe.
    Just missed memorial day for the first time in over 10 years (at the dunes). Hopin that I can get my piece of garbage to a somewhat dune-able state before whenever this happens. Or mabye I'll have a different fsj to bring who knows. At any rate Ill try to be there even if Im not dune ready. All the ouray stuff is bummin me out hahah. Better get offline.

[ May 29, 2002: Message edited by: ClarkGriswald ]</p>
    88 Rusting mound
    79 Rusting mound

Comment

• Hump
      304 AMC
      • Aug 14, 2001

Don't know, I was just checking to see how long I had to get my J-20 done. It must have fallen off into space.

Anyways, what weekend was it again? Seems to me it was the third weekend in June. Does that sound right?
      1971 J-4800 Dauntless 350/t18/d20/D44/D60
      '98 & '01 XJ both with 3" Skyjacker and BFG KOs
      '90 MJ SWB 2wd getting 4wd conversion (maybe a Buick 350!)
      '99 & '00 XJ parts Jeeps

Comment

• Iron Horse
        350 Buick
        • Jan 20, 2001

It was either the 14th-16th or 21st-23rd. I'm thinking the 21st....BTW, I think that's a "special" weekend at Silver Lake.....read as "lots of people".
        Either way I'm thinking of going....all depends on whether I get axels and/or gears swapped and tires ordered.
        Andy<br /><br />Iron Horse: 1987 GW 360/TF727/NP229/D44\'s F/R,TFI upgrade, 35x12.5 MTR\'s, Rhino grill, no wood, & Rusty\'s 6\" lift.<br />~Soon to have:<br />More goodies than I have money for.

Comment

• Iron Horse
          350 Buick
          • Jan 20, 2001

Anyone????
          Andy<br /><br />Iron Horse: 1987 GW 360/TF727/NP229/D44\'s F/R,TFI upgrade, 35x12.5 MTR\'s, Rhino grill, no wood, & Rusty\'s 6\" lift.<br />~Soon to have:<br />More goodies than I have money for.

Comment

• JEEPGUZZZI
            258 I6
            • Feb 17, 2002

I was the one who proposed the third weekend in June. Just this past weekend I found out that my wife's company pic-nic is that weekend. Since she is the one who runs the event, I have been drafted to take care of the kids and help her. So, anyway, how is July looking for you guys?? Maybe the 12th, 13th,14th??

Comment

• Millerluck
              360 AMC
              • Sep 08, 2000

Mid July would work much better for me.

I'll even do my breaks before I go. Hehehe

Later

Larry Miller
              88GW "Mississippi" 401,Edelbrock heads,and stuff,
              4" Skyjacker, BFG AT's,OBA,Air Horn.

'89GW "Mutt" wood for now, 360, 1405, Edelbrock cam,
              4"Rusty's,3"body,33"BFG. Detroit Truetrack Warn Hubs

The Metal Workshop
              http://www.themetalworkshop.com/index.html

Comment

• RustyJeep
                304 AMC
                • Apr 09, 2000

Mid-July would work best for me too, as the first week in July, I'll be in Bushnell, Illinois at a music festival. Just give me a date, and I'll be there. By then, I'll have new tires(again) and my new wheels. Also my interior should be done and everything all set. Looking forward to it!
                -Rustyjeep-
                aka Ben Mitchell

Comment

• Iron Horse
                  350 Buick
                  • Jan 20, 2001

Mid July.......hmmmmm, sounds good...I'll have to check with the "activities coordinator" to be sure though.

C-ya,

Andy

Comment

• Hump
                    304 AMC
                    • Aug 14, 2001

Don't make it to late in the month, because that is demolition derby time down here. I've got my old volvo wagon that destroys the compact class. Been running undefeated three years straight with the same car and little more than sledgehammer mods.
                    1971 J-4800 Dauntless 350/t18/d20/D44/D60
                    '98 & '01 XJ both with 3" Skyjacker and BFG KOs
                    '90 MJ SWB 2wd getting 4wd conversion (maybe a Buick 350!)
                    '99 & '00 XJ parts Jeeps

Comment

• Millerluck
                      360 AMC
                      • Sep 08, 2000

Ok. We need to firm up this Silver Lake date.

I'm all for July 13th and 14th.

I'll probly head up on the 12th.

And I want to see some FSJ's up there. 'cause I can't make it to Ouray.

Anyone else?

Larry

The Metal Workshop

Comment

• RustyJeep
                        304 AMC
                        • Apr 09, 2000

Sounds like a plan. I'll mark it on my calendar.
                        -Rustyjeep-
                        aka Ben Mitchell

Comment

• JEEPGUZZZI
                          258 I6
                          • Feb 17, 2002

I have confirmed the time with my calender. Millerluc, Which campground should we stay at?? Might need to think about reservations. Can you send an email to Jason? We need to find out who can arrive first so they can get the vouchers!!
                          I will probably come up Saturday morning.

Comment

• Millerluck
                            360 AMC
                            • Sep 08, 2000

Guzzzi

I was thinking of staying at the state park.
                            Cause we need a state pass anyhow.

That camp Bob, Jason, and, you stayed at that trip I made a one day trip out of would be fine too. But I don't know the name of it. I think it had a creek running through it.

I know KOA is high $$$

I'm heading up on the 12th.
                            So anyone going. E-mail me your state and plate # and I will get the vouchers for you.

Vouchers incase some don't know. Is a way you can get counted to be let into the dunes at a time slot. The later you wait to get a voucher the later time slot you might get.

They do this so they know how many truck and buggys are out on the dunes at once.

They also have spechial vouchers for people that need to trailer there rigs in. And leave the trailers in the parking/staging lot.

Every one remember you need a Michigan ORV sticker, Michigan state park sticker, and a dune flag to get in the dunes.

Later

Larry Miller

P.S.

JASON!!!!!!! You gona make it????

[ June 10, 2002, 12:26 PM: Message edited by: Millerluck ]

The Metal Workshop

Comment

• ClarkGriswald
                              350 Buick
                              • Jul 03, 2000

Silver City II is a huge campground and on a non busy weekened its realy easy to get a good spot. There not quite the nazi's as other camps are as far as yelling at ya for stuff.. no alcohol at state camps. (officially) so keep that in mind too hehheh.. And yes.. it is in your best interest to be "dune ready" as in.. having the ability to just drive in and not have to use the parking lot for a trailer or something.. its only so big and they only let in people when someone else has left (if its full). Ive heard that they are starting to impliment the noise restrictions this year.. as far as anyone I know could tell, it was mostly just rails and such with NO exhaust that they were after.. they would pop a silencer on to go thru the entrance and then stop and pull it off after they were in there.. they are not using SPL meters to check anyone just making sure they have mufflers.

Flags must be 10 feet high and rectangular, and meet the silver lake requirments or whatever.. theres websites on the park so all that info should be easy to find.

Memorial day it was really stormed out and sharp peaks on the dunes.. my buddy eric saw at least 3 trucks roll down the backside of test hill hahaha.. one brand new dodge crushed the roof down to the hoodline
                              (oops daddys truck got broke).

its like 3 bucks a day or mabye 4 to get in the dunes. vouchers are a free thing just to let you enter in a certian timeslot.. back in the old days we would camp in line to get in.. this line was sometimes upwards of 6 miles long.. people would make campfires in local farmers fields so it really angred the locals.. the voucher system is really helping. last year i was there 4 times and never had a hard time gettin in.

anyone can go get the vouchers.. as long as they have the name and licsence plate number of the truck in question so that shouldnt be to hard.

Im tryin to make it.
                              88 Rusting mound
                              79 Rusting mound

Comment

Working...
                              X