I ran into this problem with my '85 GW. Solenoid for some reason sprung the positive post right out of itself after melting the plastic. When I installed a new one I wasnt getting any power at all, after farting around in the engine pay for a while I found that wire had been cut somehow. Replaced it & soldered where the two smaller gage wires come into the larger. Haven't had a problem since.
Hope this helps
1985 Grand Wagoneer \"Bertha\" (currently undergoing major reconstructive surgery)<br /><br />Pioneer & Sony Audio<br />TFI<br />Pair of Hella 500s (not working now)<br />Flowmaster Delta 40 Series & Hack Job Exhaust<br /><br />Mold-infested carpeting <br />*smells ggggreat!*