X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RiverRat
    327 Rambler
    • Aug 09, 2006

Memories.... Ouray New Year's Trip 12/31/01 before we met any of you guys. We'll move to Colorado one of these years.

It's blurry but if I remember correctly that is the entrance to Black Bear Pass off the Million Dollar Highway. If I'm wrong I'm sure someone will correct me
    Last edited by RiverRat; 02-07-2011, 10:06 PM. Reason: text added
    BethAnn

Project CHOP TOP Tornado Jeep for Ouray 2013
    (I'm not dead yet!)

Comment

• Mark Wilde
      350 Buick
      • Jul 20, 2004

Well, I've got the time off, I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it yet this year or not. Got some 401 issues I want to iron out before I commit. Just throwin' it out there, anyone got space for a tent and a Jeep? I know someone inevitably drops out as time gets closer, but as of right now it looks like I'll be sharing if someone has space and wants to split site costs.
      90 Grand Wagoneer, 401/727/229, TFI upgrade, MC4350 4V, Edelbrock Performer cam, All-Aluminum Radiator, Razor Conversion, 4" Rusty's all-spring, 31x10.50 BFG TA/KO's...much planned, little time/money, thus she's a PipeDream!

Comment

• bigun
        • Feb 10, 2003

I am sure we can find some place to put you. I am assuming you bought a new tent or are you using the "Bear modified" one this year
        charlie
        KB0HXA
        "Crom" 76/75 Cherokee/J20 Hybred,

Originally posted by Gambler68
        congrats...that's the first post on here I have absolutely no effing clue how to comment on.
        How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.
        Robert A. Heinlein
        The birth of CROM is recorded here
        http://www.alaska4x4network.com/showthread.php?t=7778

Comment

• nw_upstart
          232 I6
          • May 25, 2006

I felt my ears burning at the mention of my name!

I am still coming. Can't stop me.

Don't know if I'm pitching a tent (if I bring people) or just living in Meg again. So I'll not claim a spot yet and bank on bumming some space in someone's spot again.

There's been talk of my best friend Josh riding with. Which means it might be a straight shot from Arlington to Ouray! If he's chipping in for fuel, we'd keep it in the 70-90 range and be there in a fraction of the time I made last year.
          Meg - 1979 Cherokee WT, 360(Freshly built- upgraded most everything in it)/T18/D20, 3" lift, 33x12.5 BFG All-Terrain KO T/A, D44/D44 Detroit TrueTrac

1976 Cherokee Chief - 360/TH400
          1978 Cherokee WT - 360/TH400
          1985 AMC Eagle 4x4 stationwagon

Comment

• uglyjeepling
            350 Buick
            • Feb 01, 2003

Originally posted by bigun
            Still haven't seen pics of the remodeled tent. I have seen pics on the web of travel trailers opened up like soup cans by bears, so I suspect that a nylon tent did not offer any resistance.
            I never posted this cuz forgot (how i dont know) but we have a video of the bear doing his thing on your tent. 2 times . Adian scared him away 2 times. pretty good for a shy little doggie.

wanna see?
            Matt 'Captain 'insert new stupid thing I did here''

"H2's are like sphincters, they're all crappy...and now Chinese."

'79 WT Cherokee, Black Stock Rims, BJ's Aluminum Radiator, 31" Firestone Destination M/T, PowerTrax No-Slip Locker, Hurculined passenger area, Holley Electronic Fuel Pump, TFI!!

'64 Mercury Comet Cyclone. Stock.

Comment

• olllllo
              258 I6
              • Jul 29, 2003

Originally posted by uglyjeepling
              I never posted this cuz forgot (how i dont know) but we have a video of the bear doing his thing on your tent. 2 times . Adian scared him away 2 times. pretty good for a shy little doggie.

wanna see?
              YES! Although I may not show this one to my wife.
              ~Dave Shuck

'86 Grand Wagoneer - 4BT Cummins, Dodge NV4500, Ford NP205, Front HD HP 44, rear D60, 37" military Goodyear MTs
              >> Build Thread <<

Comment

• uglyjeepling
                350 Buick
                • Feb 01, 2003

Originally posted by olllllo
                YES! Although I may not show this one to my wife.
                If she is on the edge of wanting to camp and not because of Bears/Animals. Do not show her this.

I have to figure out how to post this video.
                Matt 'Captain 'insert new stupid thing I did here''

"H2's are like sphincters, they're all crappy...and now Chinese."

'79 WT Cherokee, Black Stock Rims, BJ's Aluminum Radiator, 31" Firestone Destination M/T, PowerTrax No-Slip Locker, Hurculined passenger area, Holley Electronic Fuel Pump, TFI!!

'64 Mercury Comet Cyclone. Stock.

Comment

• Gambler68
                  Rabble Rouser
                  • Feb 29, 2004

Originally posted by uglyjeepling

wanna see?

So um...what else did you find on that video camera? been waiting to hear about it....
                  1979 Chero S "Sundog" 1979 Chero S "Hammer"
                  1968 327 J3000 1978 J10SWB
                  The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
                  Hunter S. Thompson .

Comment

• grand_wag_85
                    Murphy's Law Poster Child
                    • Dec 03, 2003

Originally posted by Mark Wilde
                    Well, I've got the time off, I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it yet this year or not. Got some 401 issues I want to iron out before I commit. Just throwin' it out there, anyone got space for a tent and a Jeep? I know someone inevitably drops out as time gets closer, but as of right now it looks like I'll be sharing if someone has space and wants to split site costs.
                    I have space at site 48
                    You know it's bad when your car's on the EPA's 10 most wanted list!

'82 J10
                    '88 GW
                    '77 J10 Golden Eagle 401

Comment

• Mark Wilde
                      350 Buick
                      • Jul 20, 2004

Thanks, if I make it I'll take you up on that. Seems I was in 48 my first year...
                      90 Grand Wagoneer, 401/727/229, TFI upgrade, MC4350 4V, Edelbrock Performer cam, All-Aluminum Radiator, Razor Conversion, 4" Rusty's all-spring, 31x10.50 BFG TA/KO's...much planned, little time/money, thus she's a PipeDream!

Comment

• grand_wag_85
                        Murphy's Law Poster Child
                        • Dec 03, 2003

Originally posted by Mark Wilde
                        Thanks, if I make it I'll take you up on that. Seems I was in 48 my first year...
                        Cool!
                        You know it's bad when your car's on the EPA's 10 most wanted list!

'82 J10
                        '88 GW
                        '77 J10 Golden Eagle 401

Comment

• Scotty J.
                          232 I6
                          • Nov 07, 2009

We're starting to get stoked! I didn't see a KOA reservation for Bryan and Bethanne, are they not going to make it this year?

I'm looking forward to seeing all the folks I met last year and hoping to meet yet more this year! Must visit heir Biergartens!! And some Irish Egg Rolls!! Of course, don't forget Das Tacos LOL!! What a great place Ouray is.

We're going to be arriving on Sunday the 17th and leaving on Saturday the 23rd. We'll be hitting the trails first thing monday morning, probably take Engineers pass down to animas forks then do some of the trails down there. Minnie and Maggie and perhaps california. Shoot me an email if anyone is going to be there for Monday ([email protected]).

Edit: Never mind, I see that Bryan and Bethanne (I hope that's right, I am SOOO bad with names) are going to be in the same site they had last year. Any word on stickers and T-Shirts???
                          Last edited by Scotty J.; 02-21-2011, 05:51 PM.
                          Red 02 Counterfeit FSJ

Comment

• will e
                            Always Broke
                            • Nov 16, 2001

I am showing up on Sunday with plans to wheel on Monday. Not sure where, I don't plan more than a day in advance when I get there..

Getting there early is great. You set some time to unwind before everyone else shows up.
                            82 Cherokee WT ? SFwith Alcan/agr box/Borgeson shaft/ 401/performer/Holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS(2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave,Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37/Corbeau Moab Seats /Hella/tuffy console/sliders/custombumpers&roll bar/WARN 8000/steering brace/CO2 Tank/dual batts/custom TCskid plate

Comment

• Scotty J.
                              232 I6
                              • Nov 07, 2009

Originally posted by will e
                              I am showing up on Sunday with plans to wheel on Monday. Not sure where, I don't plan more than a day in advance when I get there..

Getting there early is great. You set some time to unwind before everyone else shows up.
                              My wife wants to spend some quality time in Ouray so I figure we'll head out early, 7'ish for Engineer's Pass, do Minnie and Maggie then head back to start drinking our way down and back up downtown Ouray LOL. You're more than welcome to join us on the trails and of course afterwards if you're into that kind of stuff
                              Red 02 Counterfeit FSJ

Comment

• Gambler68
                                Rabble Rouser
                                • Feb 29, 2004

Originally posted by Scotty J.
                                My wife wants to spend some quality time in Ouray so I figure we'll head out early, 7'ish for Engineer's Pass, do Minnie and Maggie then head back to start drinking our way down and back up downtown Ouray LOL. You're more than welcome to join us on the trails and of course afterwards if you're into that kind of stuff
                                The Irish bar in town is top notch, 'found' it this summer. I plan on spending a little money there
                                1979 Chero S "Sundog" 1979 Chero S "Hammer"
                                1968 327 J3000 1978 J10SWB
                                The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
                                Hunter S. Thompson .

Comment

Working...
                                X