• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BIG BAD JON
    4-Wheel Drive Junky
    • Jan 20, 2002

Post and Box Mounts

Ive got this idea on how to lift my rear suspension. Im using a mount similar to Todds on the front hanger of the rear spring, but the rear hanger, Im wanting to take a different approach. I was thinking of using a post mount on the back, attatching an extended shackle, and mounting my springs to the shackle. Would it work?
    FSJ-Less...
  • Damage, Inc.
    350 Buick
    • Jul 08, 2002

I can't see why it wouldn't. Any particular reason for this approach?
    74 Cherokee

Comment

• tomd
      304 AMC
      • May 04, 2002

i'm having a hard time visualizing, maybe explain a little more?
      71 J-4000 on a 76 Cherokee chassis with homemade flatbed
      360/Th400/PT QT/3.07 D44s

Comment

• billyrb
        BJ's Off-Road
        • Aug 15, 2001

Can someone clearly explain the difference in Post Mount and Box Mount to me? I'm a little in the dark.....
        BJ's Off-Road
        [email protected]
        Your source for '63-'91 FSJ Parts

Comment

• The Anti-Chrysler
          Disciple of A.M.C.
          • Aug 19, 2002

Can someone clearly explain the difference in Post Mount and Box Mount to me? I'm a little in the dark.....
          It's just like it sounds. On post mount, the spring shackle mounts directly to a stud, or bolt if you will, mounted to the side of the frame that points outward. It is what was used on earlier FSJ's.

A box mount is a three sided enclosure, with a bottom, that has a hole on each side, and is the width of the shackle plus bushings, and the mounting bolt goes through one "ear" of the box mount, through the shackle, and through the other "ear" of the box mount. It is what was used on later to end FSJ's.

[img]smile.gif[/img]
          Jason Davis
          '82 J-10 Laredo, 360, T-177, 4" Rusty's
          '85 J-10 (parts)
          '09 Pontiac G8 GT Sport, '97 Sierra (Vortec 454), '98 Silverado Z71 (5.7 Vortec)

Comment

Working...
          X