• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mavawreck
    360 AMC
    • Jan 02, 2003

Bulltear

Contacted, shipped, and I'm satisfied.
    Last edited by Mavawreck; 03-15-2011, 01:55 PM.
    1988 Jeep Grand Wagoneer
    http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=153928

1996 T100 SR5
  • jeepsr4ever
    AMC 4 OH! 1
    • Dec 28, 2002

You ordered a custom machined part that isnt in stock. Pete is working on it tomorrow and it will be out. I think we will delete most of the custom AMC engine parts from our catalog. We just cant keep aproduction schedule with all the custom part options. I would love to be able to make every part that every heart desires but it just isnt feasable.
    AMC/Jeep Forum
    Custom machined AMC/4X4/Race Parts...www.Bulltear.com
    ///
    "We offer performance, reliability and customization for your AMC V8"

Comment

• Mavawreck
      360 AMC
      • Jan 02, 2003

Nuthin' to see here.....
      Last edited by Mavawreck; 03-15-2011, 01:53 PM.
      1988 Jeep Grand Wagoneer

1996 T100 SR5

Comment

• reece146
        232 I6
        • Feb 23, 2007

Originally posted by jeepsr4ever
        You ordered a custom machined part that isnt in stock. Pete is working on it tomorrow and it will be out. I think we will delete most of the custom AMC engine parts from our catalog. We just cant keep aproduction schedule with all the custom part options. I would love to be able to make every part that every heart desires but it just isnt feasable.
        Please, don't delete those items.

There are those out there that can and will pay for custom stuff and are understanding about the lead times required.

Maybe make the text on the web site state typical lead times in bold for custom items for those less patient and/or those that need to adhere to a time line?

JAT

Comment

• florida
          232 I6
          • Nov 15, 2009

Originally posted by reece146
          Please, don't delete those items.

There are those out there that can and will pay for custom stuff and are understanding about the lead times required.

JAT
          X2
          FOA coilovers 16"/ 3link front/ 4link rear
          AMC 360/TF727/Blackbox/NP205F
          Falken Wildpeak AT 315/75-R16 (35")
          http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=121583

Comment

• Mavawreck
            360 AMC
            • Jan 02, 2003

Situation has been remedied, thanks!
            Last edited by Mavawreck; 03-15-2011, 01:53 PM.
            1988 Jeep Grand Wagoneer

1996 T100 SR5

Comment

• jeepsr4ever
              AMC 4 OH! 1
              • Dec 28, 2002

Yeah well its just not worth the hassle. You talked on the phone and then posted here. What can we do? A custom item is a custom item and can take time...getting trashed online a little isnt a big deal but when it constantly happens a change must be made and the easiest thing to do is pull product.
              AMC/Jeep Forum
              ///

Comment

• Thumper168
                258 I6
                • Nov 29, 2010

I understand why you would do away with some of the special order parts but IMO it comes down to whoever is taking the orders to know roughly how long its going to take, a business is only as good as its word. If the customer is told it will be their in 10 days it should be their close to the time given. If the time frame isnt known it should be told to the customer up front. I know where your coming from but over promising seems to be the problem IMO. With that being said you guys make some quality parts and I would have no issue waiting as long as I knew up front, keep up the good work and dont remove any parts please
                84 Grand Wagoneer

Comment

Don't pull the product. Just let whoever answers the phone know what's happening. Noting that custom stuff takes longer on the website is just a couple keystrokes, which assures the new customer that the part is really being made and/or wasn't swiped during shipping.
                  I sent out a tcase to someone several years ago and the tracking showed it go somewhere it shouldn't have, then it disappeared and when queried, it "arrived" 4 months later, but wasn't the same part!
                  It left my place as 29 spline and arrived as 23 (I still had the trans that had been attached since the factory. Had it been 23 spline, I wouldn't have sold it!)

Now, on another topic. I'm looking for 3 bolt crank pulleys to put a serpentine belt on my 290 that's going into my '82 Honcho.
                  Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental.

Comment

• jeepsr4ever
                    AMC 4 OH! 1
                    • Dec 28, 2002

Pete is the pulley guy but he wont talk on the phone unless you catch him on the couch in the office. He has 3 bolt serp cranks and early serp kits ready to roll. I tell Pete what needs to be done and leave it up to his schedule. You are guaranteed a perfect part when Pete is on the job he doesnt care how long it takes it will be perfect. This is a philosophy we stand by and sometimes that means it takes longer. Rarely do we have a customer that has not liked the parts and often we get praised by the customers when they recieve the parts and have a very high return customer percentage but you know how it goes....you can pick only one

Speed
                    Quality
                    Price

As we get busier and busier it sometimes doesnt make sense to offer a old part that only one or two get sold per month. When we started to make V groove pulleys out of solid aluminum they were popular and then we offered then online and they were very popular. We then offered a serpentine kit online and that went crazy but the single one off, two off pulleys just dont make sense anymore so uless we do a production run I think we are pulling the plug on some V belt pulleys soon. Most likely not on crank or water pump we still offer those in 3 or 4 bolt up to 40% under drive (I can feel Pete rolling his eyes)..but definately alternator and power steering are going to be gone soon.
                    AMC/Jeep Forum
                    ///

Comment

• reece146
                      232 I6
                      • Feb 23, 2007

Well, if we are talking about the serpentine setup replacing the custom one off stuff I'm all for it. I was worried you were going to pull ALL the custom stuff including the serp setup.

Economy of scale, good quality stuff costs money, I'm all for it.

Comment

• jeepsr4ever
                        AMC 4 OH! 1
                        • Dec 28, 2002

No we are actually expanding our serpentine line. Soon we will have smog pulleys and a new power steering bracket as well as new kits for the pontiac and buick motors. *gasp
                        AMC/Jeep Forum
                        ///

Comment

• Mavawreck
                          360 AMC
                          • Jan 02, 2003

Taken care of, Thanks!
                          Last edited by Mavawreck; 03-15-2011, 01:42 PM.
                          1988 Jeep Grand Wagoneer

1996 T100 SR5

Comment

• jeepsr4ever
                            AMC 4 OH! 1
                            • Dec 28, 2002

Yes it shipped out this am
                            AMC/Jeep Forum
                            ///

Comment

• jeepsr4ever
                              AMC 4 OH! 1
                              • Dec 28, 2002

This is another reason why the short runs are a bad idea. This is what we get when we rush Pete between production. This was the first power steering pulley he tried to make for you. The second worked out right but the first one blew out of the chuck. Cant rush good things sometimes.

AMC/Jeep Forum
                              ///

Comment

Working...
                              X