• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ArtsiFrtsi
    304 AMC
    • Jan 05, 2001

Originally posted by ArtsiFrtsi:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Crazy_Jeepman:
    I already know you have the AMC 360, so Ok am I to understand you have the Nailhead Trany with the AMC to Nailhead adapter, and found no spacer between the Crank and Flex-Plate? nor between the Flexplate and Torque? I would like to know this as I do not think there is one. I have looked and never seen one either, in the real world nor all my books. However everyone has been telling me about a Spacer?
    You are correct in thinking I have not found any of that in there.. I do have the 360/ adapter/ nailhead TH400.... but there is no spacer......</font>[/QUOTE]OOPS... just dropped the flexplate on the newer motor... there is a spacer in there... You will need to get the spacer with the tranny, Hump. Sorry about any confusion that I may have contributed to...

Comment

• Rande
      Ph.D in Jeep B.S.
      • Jun 26, 2000

Ok guys, I just went out to the shed and looked at the crank hub of the engine I removed the T400 from. 1972 AMC 360 with the T400 and the adapter ring. The hub seems to be a two part affair. There is a ring of metal about 1/4" or maybe 3/8" thick near the engine and then a thicker piece maybe 5/8 or so thick where the flexplate would bolt on. The threads to hold the flexplate on are in the thinner inner piece not the thicker outer piece. There seems to be no bolts holding the two pieces together. The engine is on a stand that partially covers the hub but I can see several of the mounting holes. Seeing this thiker out piece and the thinner inner piece made me think the thicker piece was a spacer. No? This is the first AMC crank hub I have seen so I don;t know what they are supposed to look like.
      How thick are your crank hubs? New poll here?
      N4ZYV

I ain't giving up. I've worked hard, it took me years to work my way to the bottom.

1998 Cherokee Sport (not maroon! Have history with maroon XJs)
      1937 Chevy pickup (in progress)
      1966 Mustang
      1937 IH D2

Comment

• J20 project
        304 AMC
        • Dec 27, 2000

As I remember it the thin piece is just a retainer type thing(maybe 1/16th thick). The actual spacer is approx 5/8in thick and the flexplate bolts bolt it all together against the crank. It spaces the flexplate back to mate the t convertor up in the tranny..I had a weird situation w/ mine. I used the Jeep style tranny but ended up w/ a 401 that had never been drilled for a t convertor. After talking w/ american performance in Fla, I bought a 1/4in bellhousing spacer and then took a Jeep crank spacer and had it machined down to 1/4in thick and bolted it onto the crank which located the t convertor nose for me. Worked good. J20
        BP Drivetrain...........

Driveshafts for all Jeeps, Constant velocity rebuilds, Replacement, Repair
        775-537-7918

https://www.facebook.com/BPShafts/

Putting this back up. "Someone is gonna have to crawl under the rig"

Comment

Working...
        X