• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ralph Rogers
    350 Buick
    • Jul 29, 2003

AZ trip Nov 21-22 for Flint, Krista, Gambler68

So, Flint and Krista and Ryan (Gambler68) are going to be out here the weekend of Nov 21-22.

Right now the plan is a scenic loop trail off of Florence-Kelvin hiway. It's part of the old wagon road from Florence, and areas to the West, to Kearny, Winkleman, Ray copper mines. (Farther down the trail past where we turn was one of the biggest Indain massacres of the late 1800's. The trail also skirts one of the sand bomb ranges used dirng WWII to train on the then secret bomb sights. One of the first schools was out of Williamsfield AFB. You can still find sand bombs in the area if you look real hard.) Then loop back and go up and over the radio tower mountain just North of the hiway, down towards the Gila and camp overnight. (those who didn't camp last year came out around here). Sunday, run a couple of washes back then go home.

This will be a stock rig run as that is what I'll be driving so anyone can bring an FSJ.
    There will be easy access out for those who wish to wimp out on a great campout.

We will be meeting at the McDonalds on the Northern outskirts of Florence. Time is TBD right now. (depends if the CO folks come in Fri or Sat.)

We are also thinking of camping out Sunday night too if anyone wants too.

The CO folks will actually be in town a couple days the following week so if any one wants a weekday run lets do it - thinking of Box Canyon Tues or Wed. This should keep Flint and I from the PS2 a little too.

Could also do a M&G if interested I'm sure.

Me and Jenni and Emily - camping
    Flint and Krista - camping
    Ryan - camping
    Frank - camping
    Mikie - camping
    Kevin and Cayden - camping
    Chad (?) - camping
    Tad and Emily(?) - camping
    Jeff and Shauna - camping - until football time
    Rstep - camping
    Ron - camping

Ralph
    Last edited by Ralph Rogers; 11-10-2009, 09:04 AM.
  • 78 Arizona Chief
    327 Rambler
    • Jan 06, 2004

Cayden and I are in. Kristen has to work that weekend, but I think Chad will be coming too. I would love to have a M&G maybe early the next week. BBQ or something like that. Just got to get the old jeep patched together. Looking forward to seeing everyone again.
    Kevin
    \'78 Cherokee Chief - 360/TH400/QT Front high pinion 44/ARB/4.10-1, Rear 44/ARB/4.10-1, SOA w/Alcan front springs, Alcan full-leaf (w/shackle eye flipped) rears, custom bumpers, Multi-mount Warn XD9000i, more money into her than I want to admit. Dad purhcased new, still have window sticker. 310,000 miles.

Comment

• fulsizjeep
      Señor Jackhead
      • Aug 21, 2002

We are driving down on Friday the 20th so we will be ready to roll whenever the plan dictates on Saturday. It will be good to see the AZ FSJ Crew again and get a couple nights out under the stars!
      Flint
      Ran when parked.
      http://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac
      88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s with a few Evil Twin & TT's Fabworks mods
      76 401 Wag, 77 401 Wag, 77 401 J20
      http://eviltwinfab.com http://www.ttsfabworks.com

Comment

• Tad
        • Nov 30, 2001

Em and I are in for the first day/night (unless she gets deployed again, then it's just me).
        FJ McD's works well for us and we can be there as early as needed.

Ralph,
        What's the camping like there, area wise?
        Big spots, little spots?
        Don't really matter to us but all the 'Cruces stuff is still by the door and if we need to repack lighter we certianly can.
        2000 Infinity QX4, 3.3L, MPFI, 4 speed auto, 2 speed Nissan tcase, Unibody, IFS front, 4 link rear solid axle with 255-70/16s

IFSJA WMS PROJECT
        EARLY WAG LIFT SEARCH

...Pay no attention to these heathen barbarians with their cutting torches and 8" lift kits!...
        Self Inflicted Flesh Wound

Comment

Tad - if it's anything like the past few years, the camping is all back country. Spread out as much as you need. No bathrooms tho, so bring toilet paper and extra water. And no hot tubs.
          Krista - High Priestess of Our Lady of Eternal Combustion
          77 401 Wag "Phoebe" ~ 77 401 J20 "Artemis" ~ 76 401 SOA Wag "Luna"
          The worst thing about rolling my jeep.....is trying to lick the paper...

Comment

• Ralph Rogers
            350 Buick
            • Jul 29, 2003

Cool, you'll be here for Fri night dinner then.

Really don't know about the camping area yet as we we typically just pick a spot and stop when we are ready. At least that's how we've done it in the past.
            Last year we were fairly close together. Year before we could have taken miles. I will say snoring can get interesting with this bunch.
            They will be primitive, i.e: no bathrooms, cafes, WiFi, Circle-K.
            Firewood could be plentiful, or scarce. We'll try to find a place with firewood though. A chainsaw is always handy in the washes for mesquite.
            Ralph

Comment

• Tad
              • Nov 30, 2001

Ralph, thank you.
              I sort of had the jist of the conviences based on the location, I was thinking more along the lines of big tent vs little tent since it's pretty hard to pass out in the choptop.

Think this trailer would make it?

It's got decent clearance and is pretty stout.
              I just don't want to be holding anyone up, but it's darn sure easier to pack than tossing my junk in the rig.
              2000 Infinity QX4, 3.3L, MPFI, 4 speed auto, 2 speed Nissan tcase, Unibody, IFS front, 4 link rear solid axle with 255-70/16s

IFSJA WMS PROJECT
              EARLY WAG LIFT SEARCH

...Pay no attention to these heathen barbarians with their cutting torches and 8" lift kits!...

Comment

• Ralph Rogers
                350 Buick
                • Jul 29, 2003

Tad,
                I am unable to see the pic for some reason.

I knew you knew. I just posted it for GP.

Ralph

Comment

• will e
                  Always Broke
                  • Nov 16, 2001

if a stock rig can make it, that trailer should have no problems.

Count me in.
                  82 Cherokee WT ? SFwith Alcan/agr box/Borgeson shaft/ 401/performer/Holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS(2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave,Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37/Corbeau Moab Seats /Hella/tuffy console/sliders/custombumpers&roll bar/WARN 8000/steering brace/CO2 Tank/dual batts/custom TCskid plate

Comment

• Ralph Rogers
                    350 Buick
                    • Jul 29, 2003

Just thought I'd toss this out as I know some of you have camping type trailers: We probably won't be returning to a particular place for camping. In other words, if you have a trailer you want to sleep in and park it in one particular spot, we proabaly won't be going back there that evening to camp.

The trail is pretty easy, but it goes two track in places and you have to drive close to brush - typical AZ stuff.
                    Ralph

Comment

• fulsizjeep
                      Señor Jackhead
                      • Aug 21, 2002

pin stripes brah!
                      Flint
                      Ran when parked.
                      http://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac
                      88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s with a few Evil Twin & TT's Fabworks mods
                      76 401 Wag, 77 401 Wag, 77 401 J20
                      http://eviltwinfab.com http://www.ttsfabworks.com

Comment

• Tad
                        • Nov 30, 2001

but it goes two track in places and you have to drive close to brush - typical AZ stuff
                        I don't know, I spent a lot of money on paint these last 4 years.
                        Pretty sure I can get a retouch job in 'Cruces next October if my paint budget holds out.

IFSJA WMS PROJECT
                        EARLY WAG LIFT SEARCH

Comment

• Ralph Rogers
                          350 Buick
                          • Jul 29, 2003

Well, I guess if you want a New Mexico paint job instead of an Arizona one it would be alright.
                          Ralph

Comment

• Locked and Loaded
                            350 Buick
                            • Jul 04, 2006

Count Shauna and me in. We will be camping. Probably will leave after breakfast on Sunday Morning. It's football season you know.
                            Jeff

Drink more water.

"Nothin' ain't worth nothin'.
                            But it's free"
                            Kris Kristofferson 1970

1981 J10, 258, T176, NP208

Comment

• Ralph Rogers
                              350 Buick
                              • Jul 29, 2003

We will be meeting at 9:00-ish at the McDonalds on the if this is too early for the Tucson, Northern AZ or Globe folks speak up please.
                              The McD's is on North side of Florence on the East side of hwy 79.

So far we have:

Me and Jenni and Emily - camping
                              Flint and Krista - camping
                              Ryan - camping
                              Frank - camping
                              Mikie - camping
                              Kevin and Cayden - camping
                              Chad (?) - camping
                              Tad and Emily(?) - camping
                              Jeff and Shauna - camping - until football time

8 rigs so far. Looks to be a good run!

Ralph