• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • xGROMx
    232 I6
    • Jun 24, 2008

OBX still has Hope.

Legislation filed Tuesday by U.S. Rep. Walter Jones, R-N.C., would overturn new rules for controlling access to the Cape Hatteras National Seashore. full story »
    [email protected]
    "A Truck is Only Powerful as its Driver"

85 Waggon - SOA+Shackle Flip - OnBoardAir
  • fulsizjeep
    Señor Jackhead
    • Aug 21, 2002

As someone who spent childhood time as well as some adult time on OBX over the years, this is encouraging news. I wish them best of luck. OBX should be enjoyed by all who can including beach access with off road vehicles.
    Flint
    Ran when parked.
    http://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac
    88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s with a few Evil Twin & TT's Fabworks mods
    76 401 Wag, 77 401 Wag, 77 401 J20
    http://eviltwinfab.com http://www.ttsfabworks.com

Comment

• aaronsjeep
      232 I6
      • Feb 19, 2009

This is good news. My family has travelled to Hatteras for years and is one of all time favorite beach spots. It's an amazing place and should be enjoyed by people who live and vacation there as it has for the last several decades, IMO. I just hope this bill passes ASAP
      1987 GW 5.3, 4l60e NP241c

1988 GW 5.3, 4l60e, NP229

1990 GW 6.6, 727, NP229

Comment

• SC/397
        Administrator
        • Feb 01, 2010

We go to the Outer Banks every year for vacation. Kinda cool to see full size Jeeps cruising around there now and again...
        The Squeaky Wheel gets replaced in my world

Comment

• draglink
          350 Buick
          • Aug 17, 2008

Exactly why I drive this to OBX...used to be MANY times during the year, but not as many now with all the restrictions....D A M N shame!!

'86 GW 6" Rustys, 1 1/2" BJs shackles, 33 BFGs

Comment

• Casey
            • Oct 08, 2003

Originally posted by fulsizjeep
            As someone who spent childhood time as well as some adult time on OBX over the years, this is encouraging news. I wish them best of luck. OBX should be enjoyed by all who can including beach access with off road vehicles.
            Right on!

I learned to wheel on the OBX with my grandfather in his CJ2, then his 3B and the CJ-5. The purchase of a travel trailer prompted the acquisition of the Wagoneer and even bigger fun on the beach! I hope to enjoy those same times with my kids.
            1994 YJ
            1986 Comanche
            '57 FC-150

Carolina Full Size Jeep Club
            www.cfsjc.com

www.patriotguard.org

Originally posted by Jeepstress
            "Go forth and be a tool".
            Originally posted by 78 Wagoneer
            This year for ECI I got a Jeep. Pretty important upgrade.

Comment

• Quadra-Clint-
              327 Rambler
              • Dec 20, 2000

Mark my words....some of the locals will take to arms if they try to shut them down.
              "Sgt.Rock"
              89 G.Wag/4" spring/3" body/
              360/th400/bw1339/widetrac d-44's/
              33-12.5-15's/custom interior

Jeeps

Comment

• fulsizjeep
                Señor Jackhead
                • Aug 21, 2002

I got to drive my 88 GW on that wonderful island shore back in 98 not long after the 4" lift and 32s were installed. I have great fishing memories of the beaches and piers there from the 60s. Heck yeah the locals will go nuts if they shut it down.
                Flint
                Ran when parked.
                http://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac
                88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s with a few Evil Twin & TT's Fabworks mods
                76 401 Wag, 77 401 Wag, 77 401 J20
                http://eviltwinfab.com http://www.ttsfabworks.com

Comment

• Wackyneer
                  232 I6
                  • Oct 08, 2011

My wife and I go to Ocracoke every year. I still swear that place has the highest number (per capita) of FSJ's in the world. There were 6 GW's on an island with ~1000 people.
                  Over 10 years ago I took my Grand Cherokee on the beach near Oregon Inlet. I've been itching to beach drive ever since.
                  '88 GW 360 V8, Almost stock (locking hubs and electric fuel pump)
                  Was it an omen that my '88 GW broke down 2 miles after the purchase and the tow truck broke down bringing it to my house?

Comment

• OBXcited
                    230 Tornado
                    • Jul 27, 2009

Lot's of great memories in Corolla!

Comment

• bowtieman55
                      304 AMC
                      • Jan 09, 2006

^ Corolla is still open for beach driving

Comment

• SC/397
                        Administrator
                        • Feb 01, 2010

Hey, I will be at mile marker 16 on the Outer Banks starting this Sunday for vacation. Show me some Jeeps!

Comment

• SC/397
                          Administrator
                          • Feb 01, 2010

Welp, this is the only FSJ that I saw this trip and it was at a junk yard/car lot. It was really rusty underneath and could use a new frame. Oh well, at least I saw one..

Comment

• RideRed4583
                            230 Tornado
                            • May 26, 2012

I was on the Outer Banks that weekend! I stayed in Buxton and was on Cape Hatteras and Ocracoke Aug 3-6. It was the maiden voyage for my wagoneer. She ran great all the way there and back 4 hours each way. She heated up fast once I hit the deep sand though. I was still able to make it far enough to stake out a prime bit of beach and enjoy the weekend. This is EXACTLY what the Jeep Wagoneer was built for! Taking you on adventures in places your average family wagon will not go. Tailgating on miles of pristine beach is about as good as it gets. I would reccomend the trip to anyone. That is definately the way to do the beach! No carrying all your umbrellas and chairs a half mile to a crowded patch of sand, just miles of unmolested coastline. It's not pismo beach, don't think you are going to roost sand dunes, but you will get to experience some remote beach in a way that only a lucky few get to. I saw 5 other FSJs. 2 seemingly identical stock grand wagoneers to mine 1 older blue lifted wagoneer and 2 M715s. One of the M715s was a former rescue vehicle for sale on Ocracoke and the other seemed to be an active duty rescue vehicle at a department in Frisco or Buxton.
                            Last edited by RideRed4583; 08-14-2012, 06:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X