!!! J10 - $50k, 2,300 orig. miles, 1 owner...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 18cherokee
    350 Buick
    • Jul 21, 2003

!!! J10 - $50k, 2,300 orig. miles, 1 owner...

knock yourselves out

HERE

Black Cherry 1989 Grand Wagoneer
    S&J rebuilt AMC360
    IMPCO Propane
  • svining
    350 Buick
    • May 16, 2011

That's Cheap!!

For Aussies and Euro-Volks ....Mine will be done in a few weeks. That's what I'll be wanting...of course...Free Shipping from us Yanks! As always we look out for your best interests! At your service mate.

Originally posted by 18cherokee
    knock yourselves out

HERE

Flashlight
    "I started with nothing, I still got most of it left"
    1982 GW,Stock, No Emissions Equip.
    Mallory HEI, AMC 360, Motorcraft 2150

Comment

• Heavy_Metal_Thunder_81
      Cherokee Outlaw
      • Jan 10, 2006

I wonder how dry rotted the bushings, body mounts, engine/trans gaskets, and weatherstripping is? I could see $50k for a full rebuild/restoration...but man all that old original rubber is going to LEAK/Crumble if you try to put it into service again. Nice truck though but for $50k I'd want all the bushings, weatherstrip, and gaskets replaced too.
      -Jonny B.
      1979 Cherokee Golden Eagle - UNDER CONSTRUCTION
      7" Alcan springs, BJ's HD shackles - 35x12.5x15 BFG Mud Terrains
      AMC 401 - Pro-Flo 4 EFI
      NV4500/NWF BB/NP205 - Triple Stick'd
      F D44 - 4.10, Eaton E-Locker
      R M23 - 4.10, Detroit Locker

1979 Cherokee Chief - Parts
      1979 Cherokee Chief - Parts
      1979 Wagoneer - Sold
      1981 Cherokee Chief - Cubed

Comment

• Raliegh Montebello
        232 I6
        • Sep 17, 2011

WagWorld claims to replace all the rubber parts, so ghat should be set. That drivers footwell is a little dirtier than I like.....
        Doug Moak

Comment

• Oakknoll
          258 I6
          • Feb 18, 2008

I thought the same thing, for that kind of money you think they would clean that up a little better.
          Peter

1984 J-10
          1982 CJ-8
          1982 Wagoneer
          2007 Commander
          2012 Wrangler
          1980 Cherokee (for parts)

Comment

• joe
            • Apr 28, 2000

Interesting that they have insane crackheads in OZ too.
            joe
            "Don't mind me. I'm just here for the alibi"

Comment

• the original Honcho
              327 Rambler
              • Mar 14, 2005

Originally posted by joe
              Interesting that they have insane crackheads in OZ too.
              x2
              $50k is a lot of money to spend on ANY 34 year old truck, especially for nothing that special. Its just a 1/2 ton long-bed work truck.

How much is this company going to charge for a '91 Grand in 13 years???
              1980 Jeep J-20
              1979 Jeep J-10 Honcho
              1991 Jeep Grand Wagoneer
              1975 Jeep Wagoneer- The Green Bastard, from Parts
              Unknown
              1968 Plymouth Satellite
              1978 Camaro- back in action
              1980 'Vette. Chevette. Please someone buy this

Comment

• mud89
                304 AMC
                • Nov 18, 2009

Very sharp one, but except that and the mileage nothing special
                That's the world of those who have too much money and don't know how to spend it Those guys are here to help them
                J10 sportside '81, J10 Golden Eagle '77, Wagoneer '65, Gladiator '64 + parts rigs

Comment

• dan01ster
                  232 I6
                  • Feb 21, 2012

Sure would be nice to own, but at 50G...way over priced.

Also, I don't have a warm fuzzy feeling about the claim that it is all original. Upon close examination, if I were a betting guy, I'd say the Jeep has had a complete paint job on the outside. There are too many things not right. The paint also looks to me like it has a 'clear coat'...way too shiny for a factory job even in the day. Under the hood, there are a couple items with paint on them which shouldn't have ie hood latch front left spring.

More telling is the fact that the decals/emblems are not right.
                  The "Levi" decal is situated to low (below the body crease) and the J10 and "Four wheel drive" placques are in reversed order. The chrome trim is not listed on any p/u's after '73, looks like a left over from the Kaiser J3/4000 days. By '78 Jeep had reverted to almost exclusive use of tapes and vinyl moldings, except for some chrome on some waggies. (my brother added that same chrome strip to his '81 J truck...came off a J4000...looks nice, but late 4000's had deleted the box portion of the strip)...soooo.

I also find it difficult to reconcile the lack of carpet in a Levi interior'd truck. The Levi carpet on a CJ (80/90) was an option even if you ordered the Levi seats, but I'm not sure that was the case for J trucks or Cherokees. I can't find any records show a vinyl floor with upgraded Levi seat in a 'J'.

The box has new washers on the hold down bolts near spare tire, which is ok IF they replaced all the body mount rubbers ( or maybe the box was off during a 'repaint').

Addtionally, it has J10 'Laredo' wheels on it. These were not available even as an option on other trucks.

We could all probably pick out a repaint if we had the advantage of a personal viewing up close....but.....

None the less, it is very nice indeed.
                  Last edited by dan01ster; 04-14-2012, 08:33 AM.
                  '82 J20, 360,TF727, NP 208, Holly Projection.'74 paint scheme
                  '67 Jeepster 8701,true convertible,TH400,pwr top,
                  Buick 225.
                  '98 XJ, 4.0L,auto, Selectrac, police package

Comment

• TigertownJim
                    230 Tornado
                    • Feb 05, 2012

Wow, makes the $16k J10 I saw on Spokane Craigslist look like a real bargain!

Comment

• Tin Medic
                      Loose (lug)Nut(s)
                      • Mar 21, 2011

It's rust free according to the add, so explain the surface rust on the bumper. Also, after 2300 miles I would expect some scratches and dings on the undercarriage but the paint looks perfect.
                      Last edited by Tin Medic; 04-14-2012, 10:58 AM.
                      Sons Waggy - 89 GW 360/727/208, 30x9.5x15 Destination M/Ts, Warn Lock Out Hubs, Razor Grill
                      Tramp - 85 CJ-7 Renegade FI 258/T5/D300, D30 w/ARB Air Locker, AMC 20 w/Posi Unit, 33x12.5x15 Goodyear MT-R's, Hella E-Code lights, VIAIR OBA System, Warn 8000lb Winch

Comment

• Ghinmi
                        Super Moderator

• Jul 02, 2004

Originally posted by dan01ster
                        The "Levi" decal is situated to low (below the body crease) and the J10 and "Four wheel drive" placques are in reversed order. The chrome trim is not listed on any p/u's after '73, looks like a left over from the Kaiser J3/4000 days. By '78 Jeep had reverted to almost exclusive use of tapes and vinyl moldings, except for some chrome on some waggies. (my brother added that same chrome strip to his '81 J truck...came off a J4000...looks nice, but late 4000's had deleted the box portion of the strip)...soooo.
                        The chrome trim is correct for that vintage of truck. It was used until at least 1979. The J10 and "Four wheel drive" badges are also in the correct place for a truck with this style chrome trim. Wheels are correct too. I do not have any personal experience with the "Levi" badges but several places on the internet show them in the same place on original trucks. Here is a shot of my old 1979 J10.

Yep, I know my PM box is full. Email me instead.

1983 Cherokee WT - IFS, trailing arm rear, full cage, Hemi, 6 speed, turbocharged - Autocross project
                        http://ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=127321

Comment

• mud89
                          304 AMC
                          • Nov 18, 2009

Originally posted by dan01ster
                          Sure would be nice to own, but at 50G...way over priced.

Also, I don't have a warm fuzzy feeling about the claim that it is all original. Upon close examination, if I were a betting guy, I'd say the Jeep has had a complete paint job on the outside. There are too many things not right. The paint also looks to me like it has a 'clear coat'...way too shiny for a factory job even in the day. Under the hood, there are a couple items with paint on them which shouldn't have ie hood latch front left spring.

I also find it difficult to reconcile the lack of carpet in a Levi interior'd truck. The Levi carpet on a CJ (80/90) was an option even if you ordered the Levi seats, but I'm not sure that was the case for J trucks or Cherokees. I can't find any records show a vinyl floor with upgraded Levi seat in a 'J'.

The box has new washers on the hold down bolts near spare tire, which is ok IF they replaced all the body mount rubbers ( or maybe the box was off during a 'repaint').

Addtionally, it has J10 'Laredo' wheels on it. These were not available even as an option on other trucks.

We could all probably pick out a repaint if we had the advantage of a personal viewing up close....but.....

None the less, it is very nice indeed.
                          Interesting
                          Didn't know for the Levi decal and the rims
                          Looks like a J10 with the chrome moldings of the custom package to me ?
                          edited :maybe the custom was not very successfull for these years and so was pretty rare, since you had the better looking packages : honcho, golden eagle,..which didn't exist at the J4000 time
                          Last edited by mud89; 04-14-2012, 01:05 PM.
                          J10 sportside '81, J10 Golden Eagle '77, Wagoneer '65, Gladiator '64 + parts rigs

Comment

• Coryd55
                            350 Buick
                            • Jan 23, 2010

No thanks. Not worth 50k....ever.
                            1976 Cherokee Chief Build - Update 7/3/2014

Chief for sale - contact via PM if interested.

Comment

• 86gwrhino
                              327 Rambler
                              • Sep 28, 2010

For 50k i could drive to the chevy dealer and pick up a nice camaro zl1, so i dont think anyones going to pay that much for a old jeep truck.
                              '86 Grand Wagoneer
                              Chevy 350 TBI
                              Rhino grill
                              rusty's 4in all spring lift

'67 (i think) M715 all stock w/pto

Comment

Working...
                              X