• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • babywag
    out of order
    • Jun 08, 2005

Originally posted by chuckdds
    guys I will check with my mechanic to see what he did. I know that I am still running PWM at 40 right now on the handheld.
    I wouldn't rely on someone else or 2nd hand info.
    Check w/ fitech, and the specs. on your individual pump(s).

For example Walbro has a warning stating DO NOT utilize PWM on certain pumps.
    Tony
    88 GW, 67 J3000, 07 Magnum SRT8

Comment

• nightglide
      232 I6
      • Jan 06, 2015

Originally posted by ShagWagon
      If it doesn't then what settin should be used as a standard? 75?100? I never checked on that. The default is something like 75.5

Run it to a steady ignition activated 12v?

I rigged straight to the fitech pump wire in hope that an accident would cut the fuel pump if fitech would know this if you became overturned or hit hard...

If you set pwm at 100 on the handheld it disables the pwm feature and runs pump at 100% a the time

Comment

• chuckdds
        230 Tornado
        • Feb 14, 2017

Checked with Novak
        The new units are the correct length for the Grand Wagoneer tank- Also, yes, if you set your PWM to 100 on the Fitech unit it will be a constant 12V to the pump.

Chuck
        Chuck
        1998 Cherokee SE
        1985 Grand Wagoneer Limited

1964 Jeepster (wish I still had this one)

Comment

• ShagWagon
          350 Buick
          • Apr 10, 2016

Originally posted by chuckdds
          Checked with Novak
          The new units are the correct length for the Grand Wagoneer tank- Also, yes, if you set your PWM to 100 on the Fitech unit it will be a constant 12V to the pump.

Chuck
          Did you see the pic I posted? It has the stock unit underneath to show comparison and the TGW one on top.

Novak uses the same sending unit and it went to the same level. I double measured it with a stick. It hangs 2" off the bottom of tank.

You can use it and be fine but when you run out, you will still have 3+ gallons in the bottom of the tank.

That bothered me so I fixed it.

I keep forgetting to get the part number off the pump. The one listed in the parts sheet seems to be a different pump? when I search and look at the pics of it, looks totally different. Can someone verify the part number off of the pump before they put it in please? I haven't checked to see if it's pwm compatible or not. I'm running 75 as fitech says to run an inline pump. Mine is an intanker... Should it be 100?
          87 GW- Fitech EFI,Fitech FCC,Skyjacker Hydro 4" lift,BFG AT KO2 30",Dynamax muffler,MSD distributor,MSD 6al box,Blaster2 coil,ACCEL 8mm,.045 gap,Edlebrock perf 4bbl intake,Elgin perf cam,HD alum radiator,Powermaster 150alt,Alum HD H2O pump,Serhills tailgate harness,Cowl screen mod,Evil Twin grab handles,Rstep's custom AMC lock knobs

Comment

• babywag
            out of order
            • Jun 08, 2005

Originally posted by ShagWagon

I keep forgetting to get the part number off the pump. The one listed in the parts sheet seems to be a different pump? when I search and look at the pics of it, looks totally different. Can someone verify the part number off of the pump before they put it in please? I haven't checked to see if it's pwm compatible or not. I'm running 75 as fitech says to run an inline pump. Mine is an intanker... Should it be 100?
            fitech is referencing the pump they sell, you need to verify YOUR pump's compatibility.
            Look it up online, email them, or call the tech line for your pump manufacturer.
            I would disable PWM until you're sure YOUR pump is capable of supporting it.
            Tony
            88 GW, 67 J3000, 07 Magnum SRT8

Comment

• chuckdds
              230 Tornado
              • Feb 14, 2017

Shag-

My mechanic measured my original unit to the new Novak one he installed. Same length. Novak said the one they sell now is a new model that is Wagoneer specific and had a new style GM pump.

You may be right (not doubting your situation- when did you buy your pump?), I will double check again to make sure....
              Chuck
              1998 Cherokee SE
              1985 Grand Wagoneer Limited

1964 Jeepster (wish I still had this one)

Comment

Working...
              X