X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lindel
    Perfesser of Jeepology
    • Jun 15, 2000

For over 25 years, Wagonmaster has rebuilt, restored, and resold Jeep Wagoneers with an attention to detail unmatched in the industry.

Now, tell me about the cheap $10K Grand Waggies...
    Jeep Grounds
    RRV Homepage
    Texas Full Size Jeep Association
    1987 Grand Wagoneer
    AMC 360/TF727/NP229
    1999 Wrangler Sport
    4.0L/AX-15/NV231

?Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction? by Ronald Reagan.

Formerly of DFW/Gun Barrel City, TX - eventually to return...

Comment

• 1jeep
      232 I6
      • Jan 20, 2011

A car is worth what someone is willing to pay for it.
      1990 Grand Wagoneer
      3in RC and 32in BFG's

Comment

• Brizio
        AMC 4 OH! 1
        • Apr 11, 2008

Originally posted by 1jeep
        A car is worth what someone is willing to pay for it.
        X2!!!
        brizios.com
        Small Scale Jeeps
        Brizios

Comment

• RedBeard2
          232 I6
          • Mar 04, 2011

Originally posted by Lindel
          http://www.wagonmasters.com

Now, tell me about the cheap $10K Grand Waggies...
          , then
          RedBeard2...

Jeepless

Comment

• Blake
            304 AMC
            • Dec 22, 2005

I just spent 8k on my waggy - parts/tires/wheels/axles/atlas/driveshafts/etc

I bet I couldn't get $1500 for it and the body is in great shape and it runs like a top.
            Please come on over to http://fsjnetwork.com/forum and have a look.

Comment

• HerrKooled
              258 I6
              • Aug 18, 2010

I'd want 10k for my J truck, and keep walking if anything less. But again mine is rust free and has some work into it. Thing is, I don't need to sell it.
              '77 J truck.

Comment

• Idaho Hillbilly
                230 Tornado
                • Mar 01, 2011

Check out this page!! Holy over $10k!!!

In 1978, Jeep released the first Wagoneer Limited. With luxury features and a distinctive design, it became an instant classic. It was the world’s first true Sport Utility Vehicle, but more than that, it became a way of life. A symbol of the American dream — for the pursuit of happiness, for the drive to discover... MO

Comment

• tgreese
                  • May 29, 2003

Apparently you guys were not aware that there is a high-dollar market for what I call "Celebrity class" Wagoneers. These are the sorts of cars that James Taylor would buy to drive around Martha's Vineyard three months of the year. These cars are low mileage creampuffs with wood paneling (generally), and typically have been restored to like-new condition. However, they must be beautiful and perfect.

If you're in the market for something you can drive and wheel occasionally, and not worry about minor dents and scratches, the price comes way way down.
                  Tim Reese
                  Maine beekeeper's truck: '77 J10 LWB, 258/T15/D20/3.54 bone stock, low options (delete radio), PS, hubcaps.
                  Browless and proud: '82 J20 360/T18/NP208/3.73, Destination ATs, 7600 GVWR
                  Copper Polly: '75 CJ-6, 304/T15, PS, BFG KM2s, soft top
                  GTI without the badges: '95 VW Golf Sport 2000cc 2D
                  ECO Green: '15 FCA Jeep Cherokee KL Trailhawk

Comment

• gwinn
                    360 AMC
                    • Nov 05, 2001

I paid a little less than half that for a rust free Arizona Grand Wagoneer. Then over the next couple years I sunk at least $10K more into it. If I was to truly fully restore a Grand Wagoneer I wouldn't sell it for less than $15K. A professional factory quality exterior paint job w/minimal bodywork would be at least $2K.
                    1983 Cherokee Laredo "Gus"

Comment

• nicnichols
                      232 I6
                      • Oct 01, 2010

A Car dealer stopped by the shop while they were doing some work on my '91 and wanted to buy it.. my Mechanic buddy laughed, cas he knows that my baby is not for sale. Between the price I paid for it and the new engine/pipes ect.. I'm in over 10k, but it's worth it everytime I fire up the 360. I think prices will climb a bit since there is so much advertising exposure right now, but probably settle down after that.

Comment

• RedBeard2
                        232 I6
                        • Mar 04, 2011

Originally posted by nicnichols
                        A Car dealer stopped by the shop while they were doing some work on my '91 and wanted to buy it.. my Mechanic buddy laughed, cas he knows that my baby is not for sale. Between the price I paid for it and the new engine/pipes ect.. I'm in over 10k, but it's worth it everytime I fire up the 360. I think prices will climb a bit since there is so much advertising exposure right now, but probably settle down after that.
                        May settle down a little. But as far as the classic car market goes, the first year models (in this case '63) and final year models get the most cash for them.
                        Being that only 1560 were made in '91, they are probably the most rare...but they look just like the '88-'90 models. What will really settle down the price of these beasts are the gas prices!! I personally like my '91, and probably will keep it for awhile...only has 66k miles, and I got it for a steal, even though AOL says trade value is only $600.....HA! I think they're owned by progressives that hate our gas guzzling classics.
                        RedBeard2...

Jeepless

Comment

• drlocke
                          Roadside Mechanic
                          • Dec 29, 2003

Screw that. I'll keep mine.

Comment

• mdill
                            Gone. Not Forgotten.
                            • Nov 22, 2000

If looking for a great condition rig, it has always been cheaper to buy (if you can find one) that has been restored/reconditioned than buying and doing or having the work done.
                            Pretty easy to drop $20K on a non-high end recondition, very easy to drop $50K + on a restore.
                            But you have to have a sharp eye patience and be willing to wade though a lot of chicken-wire and bondo "restore" trucks to find a good value $10K -$20K very nice rig. (Still cheaper than doing your own)
                            -----------------------------------------
                            Home of ADHD project list

1977 J-10 Honcho 360-T15-D20
                            1977 Cherokee WT 360-Th400-NP241 true-trac(s)
                            1979 Cherokee 4 Door 258-T-18-D20
                            1981 Cherokee Chief WT 360-727-NP208
                            1972 K20 Suburban 350 SM465 205
                            And the other stuff that gets driven
                            ----------------------------------------

Comment

• RedBeard2
                              232 I6
                              • Mar 04, 2011

Originally posted by mdill
                              If looking for a great condition rig, it has always been cheaper to buy (if you can find one) that has been restored/reconditioned than buying and doing or having the work done.
                              Pretty easy to drop $20K on a non-high end recondition, very easy to drop $50K + on a restore.
                              But you have to have a sharp eye patience and be willing to wade though a lot of chicken-wire and bondo "restore" trucks to find a good value $10K -$20K very nice rig. (Still cheaper than doing your own)
                              Oh, I agree totally with that! You see that all the time with Mecum and Jackson-Barrett. Though, I don't think I'd need to spend that much on mine. Needs very little, exceptin' maybe a good paint job (though that can cost a good $3K to $5K especially when replacing the wood tape). Interior is pretty good shape. But if you want like new, well, yes then it would add up, replacing carpet, seats, etc....then, there's the engine bay (though with mine, would just need a good detailing). But this is just a dream. I don't have the money as getting new windows put on the house. Maybe in a coupla years I'll have her repainted. Would like to get the wheels refinished too (anybody know how much that would cost?).
                              RedBeard2...

Jeepless

Comment

• 87 Money Pit
                                232 I6
                                • Sep 01, 2010

Wheel refinishing

Originally posted by RedBeard2
                                Would like to get the wheels refinished too (anybody know how much that would cost?).
                                $400 for 4 wheels and centercaps at Perfect Metal Finishing in Newark, NJ. Including cleaning / polishing, powdercoat grey inside the spokes, + clear powdercoat to finish things up.
                                87 Money Pit

87 Grand Wagoneer - mostly stock for now

Comment

Working...
                                X